|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 24: The Signal Turns Red ? The Long Arm Reaches Out (Pgs. 499-504) | Book 3 Chapter 25: Triangular Ears ? Sleigh Bells (Pgs. 505-506).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the story of the massacre in Chapter 9?
(d) Lt. Mamiya.
2. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
(a) Kumiko has left him.
(b) He and Kumiko once had an abortion.
(c) He is frightened she will let him die.
(d) He is depressed.
3. What object does Toru Okada discover in the well in Chapter 8?
(a) A bat.
(b) A necktie.
(c) A beer.
(d) A box.
4. Why does Nutmeg come to the Residence in Chapter 24?
(a) She is concerned about waining business.
(b) She is tired is having nothing to do.
(c) She wants to know about Noboru Wataya.
(d) She misses Cinnamon.
5. What similarity exists between the veterinarian in Chapter 9 and Toru Okada?
(a) They both spend time in dry wells.
(b) They both have been left by their wives.
(c) They are both the same height.
(d) They both have a blue mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the zoo mentioned in Chapter 9?
2. Who does Nutmeg suspect is the source of the tabloid stories?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
4. What decision has Cinnamon made regarding the business in Chapter 24?
5. How long does the American submarine in Chapter 9 give the Japanese transport before it fires in it?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)