|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 24: The Signal Turns Red ? The Long Arm Reaches Out (Pgs. 499-504) | Book 3 Chapter 25: Triangular Ears ? Sleigh Bells (Pgs. 505-506).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the American submarine in Chapter 9 give the Japanese transport before it fires in it?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) It fires on sight.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
2. Who does Nutmeg suspect is the source of the tabloid stories?
(c) Toru Okada.
(d) Noboru Wataya.
3. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
(a) He is frightened she will let him die.
(b) Kumiko has left him.
(c) He and Kumiko once had an abortion.
(d) He is depressed.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Toru remember doing with his father as a child?
(a) Playing cards on a sunny day.
(c) Going to a baseball game.
5. What is the title of the document Toru finds in the computer at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
(b) Norweigan Wood.
(c) The Zoo Massacre.
(d) Kumiko's Disappearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
2. What object does Toru Okada discover in the well in Chapter 8?
3. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
4. Who pulls the rope ladder up from the well in Chapter 9?
5. Where is the zoo mentioned in Chapter 9?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)