|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 24: The Signal Turns Red ? The Long Arm Reaches Out (Pgs. 499-504) | Book 3 Chapter 25: Triangular Ears ? Sleigh Bells (Pgs. 505-506).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
(a) His cat has returned.
(b) He has spoken to Kumiko.
(c) He has people in his life.
(d) His business is successful.
2. What is the title of the document Toru finds in the computer at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
(b) Kumiko's Disappearance.
(c) Norweigan Wood.
(d) The Zoo Massacre.
3. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) She closes the lid.
(b) She blows Toru a kiss.
(c) She tosses down some food.
(d) She throws a rock at Toru.
4. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
(a) Kumiko has left him.
(b) He is frightened she will let him die.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He and Kumiko once had an abortion.
5. What dangerous animal survives the massacre in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the story of the massacre in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Nutmeg come to the Residence in Chapter 24?
3. What similarity exists between the veterinarian in Chapter 9 and Toru Okada?
4. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
5. Who does Nutmeg suspect is the source of the tabloid stories?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)