|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 24: The Signal Turns Red ? The Long Arm Reaches Out (Pgs. 499-504) | Book 3 Chapter 25: Triangular Ears ? Sleigh Bells (Pgs. 505-506).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the American submarine in Chapter 9 give the Japanese transport before it fires in it?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) It fires on sight.
2. What decision has Cinnamon made regarding the business in Chapter 24?
(a) They should fire Toru Okada,
(b) They should permanently close.
(c) They should cease seeing customers temporarily.
(d) They should expand to a second location.
3. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) Kumiko has left him.
(c) He is frightened she will let him die.
(d) He and Kumiko once had an abortion.
4. Who pulls the rope ladder up from the well in Chapter 9?
(a) May Kasahara.
(b) Malta Kano.
(d) Toru's uncle.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
(a) His business is successful.
(b) His cat has returned.
(c) He has people in his life.
(d) He has spoken to Kumiko.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nutmeg suspect is the source of the tabloid stories?
2. From where is the sound of sleigh bells coming in Chapter 25?
3. What similarity exists between the veterinarian in Chapter 9 and Toru Okada?
4. What is the title of the document Toru finds in the computer at the end of Chapter 25?
5. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)