|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 24: The Signal Turns Red ? The Long Arm Reaches Out (Pgs. 499-504) | Book 3 Chapter 25: Triangular Ears ? Sleigh Bells (Pgs. 505-506).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dangerous animal survives the massacre in Chapter 9?
2. Where is the zoo mentioned in Chapter 9?
3. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
(a) Malta Kano.
(b) May Kasahara.
(c) Creta Kano.
4. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
(a) He is frightened she will let him die.
(b) He and Kumiko once had an abortion.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) Kumiko has left him.
5. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) She tosses down some food.
(b) She blows Toru a kiss.
(c) She closes the lid.
(d) She throws a rock at Toru.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pulls the rope ladder up from the well in Chapter 9?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Toru remember doing with his father as a child?
3. What object does Toru Okada discover in the well in Chapter 8?
4. How long does the American submarine in Chapter 9 give the Japanese transport before it fires in it?
5. Who tells the story of the massacre in Chapter 9?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)