Book 1 Chapter 1: Tuesday's Wind-Up Bird ? Six Fingers and Four Breasts (Pgs. 1-23). | Book 1 Chapter 2: Full Moon and Eclipse of the Sun ? On Horses Dying in the Stables (Pgs. 25-31) | Book 1 Chapter 3: Malta Kano's Hat ? Sherbet Tone and Allen Ginsberg and the Crusaders (Pgs. 32- 45)
1. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Baked Chicken.
(b) Hot oatmeal.
(d) Stir fry.
2. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She has PMS.
(b) She had a bad day at work.
(c) She thinks he is a failure.
(d) She is a woman.
4. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
(a) The Okadas' missing cat.
(b) Kumiko's brother's professional problems.
(c) The Okadas' flailing marriage.
(d) Toru Okada's lack of a job.
5. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
(a) A blue pinstriped blazer.
(b) A polka dot tie.
(c) White shoes.
(d) A pink dress shirt.
This section contains 4,504 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)