1. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Baked Chicken.
(b) Stir fry.
(c) Hot oatmeal.
2. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 10 months.
3. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She thinks he is a failure.
(c) She had a bad day at work.
(d) She has PMS.
4. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
(a) The Okadas' missing cat.
(b) Toru Okada's lack of a job.
(c) Kumiko's brother's professional problems.
(d) The Okadas' flailing marriage.
5. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
(a) A polka dot tie.
(b) A blue pinstriped blazer.
(c) White shoes.
(d) A pink dress shirt.
This section contains 4,504 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)