|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a voice emerges from the goose egg, saying, "Mama! Mama!" how does Roz at first reply?
(a) "What kinds of things do mothers do?"
(b) "What is a mama?"
(c) "I killed your mother."
(d) "I am not your mother."
2. What type of animal does Roz observe in order to improve her method of cliff-climbing?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A crab.
(c) A goat.
(d) A frog.
3. How many geese does Roz accidentally kill when she slides down the cliff in the rainstorm?
4. What sound do Roz's pursuers hear that makes them leave her?
(a) Roz's warning siren.
(b) A boom of thunder.
(c) Their mother calling them.
(d) A rattlesnake's rattle.
5. What new place does Roz spot that looks like a perfect new place for her to stay?
(a) A rainforest.
(b) A wooden hut.
(c) A swamp.
(d) A cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roz get out of her crate?
2. What catches the attention of the otters to make them come near to Roz?
3. What does Roz say to her pursuers when they threaten her?
4. What does the narrator say is the one thing Roz's pursuers want to do to her above all things?
5. Why does Roz's first choice of escape strategy from the cave fail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Dawn Truce?
2. What does Roz realize once the sun fully charges her battery and what does this realization cause her to do?
3. Though the beavers are the experts when it comes to building, there is one main thing they cannot do. What is it and how does the author demonstrate that all of us have our own unique areas of expertise?
4. Besides informing her experience of motherhood, what other area of life does Pinktail's advice help Roz with?
5. What learned tactic does Roz apply to the situation with the bears?
6. Why does Roz's crate arrive unharmed upon the island when the other four floating crates do not?
7. What lesson does Roz learn from the stick insect and how does she acknowledge his ability to help her?
8. After Roz constructs a makeshift nest and climbs a tree, she watches a scene unfold below her and learns something from an opossum that directly informs her ideas about raising the goose inside the egg she has found. What does she learn and how does she apply that learning?
9. What types of creatures does Roz first study to begin her gradual acquisition of the many languages spoken on the island?
10. What important element of Roz's programming does the reader learn about when she is unable to defend herself during the bear attack?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)