|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After camouflaging herself for the first time, where does Roz settle in?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On the riverbank.
(c) Among the swamp grasses.
(d) Among some rocks.
2. What type of bird does Roz see circling above the foothills?
3. As Roz descends from the mountaintop, what causes a clanging sound?
(a) Raindrops hitting her body.
(b) A foghorn from a ship in the distance.
(c) Her robot feet slipping on the wet rocks.
(d) Acorns being thrown by squirrels bouncing off her body.
4. Before Roz leaves the camouflaged creature, she speaks to it. What does she say?
(a) "See you later."
(b) "Let's meet again soon."
(c) "Be at peace."
(d) "Thank you."
5. How do the otters accidentally activate Roz?
(a) By tipping the crate over.
(b) By squealing at a particular frequency.
(c) By turning her toward the sun.
(d) By pushing a button on the back of her head.
6. Where do most of the island's residents gather during the hour of peace at dawn?
(a) At the Y in the River.
(b) On the Rocky Shore.
(c) In the Flower Garden.
(d) In the Great Meadow.
7. How does Roz get out of her crate?
(a) She pushes a button on the inside of the crate and it disintegrates.
(b) The bears come rake the crate with their claws to create holes.
(c) She pulls it apart herself.
(d) The otters smash it onto the rocks below so she can escape.
8. What happens to make Roz feel unsafe on the mountaintop she has chosen?
(a) A storm causes a mudslide.
(b) The sun shines down too brightly and begins to fade her metal.
(c) A volcano erupts.
(d) A family of eagles begins to attack her.
9. Upon discovering one unharmed egg from the broken goose nest, what does Roz do?
(a) She cooks it.
(b) She picks it up and cradles it in her hand.
(c) She gives it to Fink the fox.
(d) She sets it back inside the splintered nest.
10. What strategy does Roz use that works to drive her pursuers away?
(a) She jumps into the ocean and swims out of reach.
(b) She asks the beavers if she can hide in their lodge.
(c) She camouflages herself with moss.
(d) She jumps into a tree and shakes pinecones down onto their heads.
11. When Roz is observing the processes of childbirth and rearing, what species does she NOT observe?
(a) A deer.
(b) A snake.
(c) A gosling.
(d) A chick.
12. What do the otters do when Roz emerges from her crate?
(a) They introduce themselves to her.
(b) They run away and jump into the ocean.
(c) They hide behind the rocks and watch her.
(d) They throw robot parts at her.
13. What is the problem when Roz's tries to live in a cave?
(a) It is already inhabited by skunks.
(b) It is already inhabited by fish.
(c) It is already inhabited by porcupines.
(d) It is already inhabited by bears.
14. How many geese does Roz accidentally kill when she slides down the cliff in the rainstorm?
15. After the very first time Roz experiences a fall, what does she do immediately afterward?
(a) She cleans herself.
(b) She deactivates herself.
(c) She jumps into a tree and starts to swing from branch to branch rather than walking.
(d) She lies down to recuperate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Roz DOES know at the time she realizes she is on an island?
2. What strategy does Roz try first in order to escape the inhabitants of her chosen home?
3. What does Mr. and Mrs. Beaver's son Paddler say about Roz taking on the role of Brightbill's mother?
4. What does Roz do to survive the threat she encounters on the mountaintop?
5. What does Roz say to her pursuers when they threaten her?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)