|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-64.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What materials does Roz use to patch the hole that has developed in the roof of the Nest?
(a) Honey, tar, and feathers.
(b) Rope, branches, and robot parts.
(c) Branches, mud, and leaves.
(d) Mud, seashells, and twigs.
2. What is the one thing Roz DOES know at the time she realizes she is on an island?
(a) The ship she had been on sank in a hurricane.
(b) She had washed ashore in a crate.
(c) She had been built in a factory.
(d) She is home.
3. According to the narrator, what good comes from the deaths of the animals who have frozen over the winter?
(a) Their remaining family members remember not to take each other for granted.
(b) Roz is able to make coats out of them to keep surviving animals warm.
(c) Their bodies nourish the soil and help create an amazing spring bloom.
(d) There is more food for everyone else.
4. After descending the mountain, what is the first thing Roz does?
(a) Cleans herself.
(b) Fixes her broken foot.
(c) Looks for an energy source.
(d) Looks for new friends.
5. When Roz observes Pinktail the opossum play dead and evade a badger, what do Roz and Pinktail talk about once the badger leaves?
(c) The winter.
(d) Raising children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Loudwing send Roz to speak to Mr. Beaver?
2. What type of bird does Roz see circling above the foothills?
3. What reason does Roz give Brightbill for wanting to wait to show him the robot graveyard?
4. When Brightbill asks Roz if she will ever die, what is her reply?
5. What happens to get Roz's body sticky?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)