|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roz do to survive the threat she encounters on the mountaintop?
(a) She holds fast to a pine tree.
(b) She explains to the eagles that she means them no harm.
(c) She crouches just inside the lip of the volcano.
(d) She constructs an umbrella to shield herself from the sun.
2. Why does Roz's first choice of escape strategy from the cave fail?
(a) She is slower than her pursuers.
(b) Her pursuers are used to finding camouflaged prey.
(c) Her jumping mechanism fails.
(d) Her hands are not effective at digging.
3. What is the first request Roz makes of the animals?
(a) She wants them to be nice to her.
(b) She wants them to build her a house.
(c) She wants them to bend her arm back into its rightful shape.
(d) She wants them to teach her their survival techniques.
4. What reason does Loudwing give for her belief that it will be a miracle if Brightbill survives?
(a) He does not have a way to stay warm.
(b) He is a runt and an orphan.
(c) He has no brothers or sisters.
(d) He has a robot for a mother.
5. What is the setting for the beginning of the novel?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The cliffside.
(c) The greenhouse.
(d) The lodge.
Short Answer Questions
1. After descending the mountain, what is the first thing Roz does?
2. What does Mr. and Mrs. Beaver's son Paddler say about Roz taking on the role of Brightbill's mother?
3. When asked where she has come from, what does Roz say?
4. How many geese does Roz accidentally kill when she slides down the cliff in the rainstorm?
5. What is the problem when Roz's tries to live in a cave?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)