|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roz observes Pinktail the opossum play dead and evade a badger, what do Roz and Pinktail talk about once the badger leaves?
(a) The winter.
(d) Raising children.
2. As Roz descends from the mountaintop, what causes a clanging sound?
(a) Acorns being thrown by squirrels bouncing off her body.
(b) Raindrops hitting her body.
(c) Her robot feet slipping on the wet rocks.
(d) A foghorn from a ship in the distance.
3. When Roz begins to clean off the sticky substance, what happens to thwart her efforts?
(a) Pine needles land on the sticky substance and thus stick to Roz as well.
(b) The sticky substance causes her hands to stick together.
(c) The sticky substance gets onto all of her body parts as she tries to clean it off.
(d) Bees land on the sticky substance and thus stick to Roz as well.
4. What two metamorphic processes does Roz watch happen during her camouflaged hiding?
(a) Caterpillars becoming moths and tadpoles becoming frogs.
(b) Ducks becoming platypuses and tadpoles becoming frogs.
(c) Tadpoles becoming frogs and caterpillars becoming butterflies.
(d) Tadpoles becoming toads and moths becoming butterflies.
5. What type of bird begins to circle Roz's head when it feels she is threatening its nest?
(a) A robin.
(b) A falcon.
(c) A bluejay.
(d) An eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first request Roz makes of the animals?
2. What type of bird does Roz see circling above the foothills?
3. What happens to make Roz feel unsafe on the mountaintop she has chosen?
4. Before all of the animals discover Roz's presence by detecting her camouflaged body, what insects do notice her?
5. What does Mr. and Mrs. Beaver's son Paddler say about Roz taking on the role of Brightbill's mother?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)