|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird does Roz see circling above the foothills?
2. Why is it difficult for Roz to walk in the forest?
(a) Because she moves better in water.
(b) Because animals keep getting in her way.
(c) Because there are too many upright trees in her way.
(d) Because the forest floor is uneven.
3. How does Roz get out of her crate?
(a) She pushes a button on the inside of the crate and it disintegrates.
(b) The otters smash it onto the rocks below so she can escape.
(c) The bears come rake the crate with their claws to create holes.
(d) She pulls it apart herself.
4. What is the setting for the beginning of the novel?
(a) The greenhouse.
(b) The lodge.
(c) The cliffside.
(d) The ocean.
5. What strategy does Roz use that works to drive her pursuers away?
(a) She jumps into a tree and shakes pinecones down onto their heads.
(b) She jumps into the ocean and swims out of reach.
(c) She camouflages herself with moss.
(d) She asks the beavers if she can hide in their lodge.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roz begins to clean off the sticky substance, what happens to thwart her efforts?
2. When Roz encounters the inhabitants of her new choice of home, what does she shout to them?
3. Once she spots the perfect place on top of the mountain, how long does it take Roz to hike there?
4. What catches the attention of the otters to make them come near to Roz?
5. What strategy does Roz try first in order to escape the inhabitants of her chosen home?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)