|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What materials does Roz NOT use to camouflage herself?
2. When Roz encounters an old goose, what is the first question she asks the goose?
(a) "Why is this gosling so noisy?"
(b) "What can I feed this gosling?"
(c) "What shall I name this gosling?"
(d) "Will you take the gosling?"
3. Before plants are installed in the garden, what favor does Tawny ask of the neighbors?
(a) To aerate the soil but digging their claws and hooves into it.
(b) To gather seeds from the forest.
(c) To install an irrigation system using the river as the source of the water.
(d) To leave their droppings on the garden.
4. What reason does Loudwing give for her belief that it will be a miracle if Brightbill survives?
(a) He does not have a way to stay warm.
(b) He is a runt and an orphan.
(c) He has a robot for a mother.
(d) He has no brothers or sisters.
5. When a voice emerges from the goose egg, saying, "Mama! Mama!" how does Roz at first reply?
(a) "I killed your mother."
(b) "I am not your mother."
(c) "What is a mama?"
(d) "What kinds of things do mothers do?"
Short Answer Questions
1. From what creature does Roz learn the value of camouflage?
2. What is the name for a squirrel nest?
3. What is NOT part of Roz's and Brightbill's nightly routine?
4. Who teaches the goslings in their new skill lessons for the celebrated day?
5. What method does the bird finally use to drive Roz away from its nest?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)