|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For one hour each day at dawn, all animals are safe because of their agreed-upon lack of hunting during this time. What is this hour called?
(a) The Dawn Peace.
(b) The Morning No-Hunt.
(c) The Hour of Peace.
(d) The Dawn Truce.
2. What pseudo-feeling does Roz experience when she watches Brightbill practice his new skill?
3. What sound do Roz's pursuers hear that makes them leave her?
(a) A boom of thunder.
(b) A rattlesnake's rattle.
(c) Their mother calling them.
(d) Roz's warning siren.
4. What does Roz do to survive the threat she encounters on the mountaintop?
(a) She explains to the eagles that she means them no harm.
(b) She constructs an umbrella to shield herself from the sun.
(c) She holds fast to a pine tree.
(d) She crouches just inside the lip of the volcano.
5. Why does Roz's first choice of escape strategy from the cave fail?
(a) Her hands are not effective at digging.
(b) Her jumping mechanism fails.
(c) Her pursuers are used to finding camouflaged prey.
(d) She is slower than her pursuers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brightbill's yellow fluff turn into when he moves out of childhood?
2. Once Roz and Brightbill and Chitchat makes friends with all of the creatures of the forest, what is the one type of creature they still view as dangerous to them?
3. As Roz looks at the geese she has killed, what sound does she hear?
4. What method does the bird finally use to drive Roz away from its nest?
5. Who breaks off Roz's robot foot?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)