• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Brown, Peter. The Wild Robot. Little, Brown, and Company, 2016. E-book.
• The story begins with a storm occurring out at sea.
• A cargo ship sinks to the bottom of the ocean and the ship's cargo, hundreds of crates, remains floating on the surface of the ocean.
• The storm turns out to be a hurricane and, one by one, all of the crates sink, except for five of them.
• The next morning the sea is calm again and the five crates continue to float, making their way to the shore of a rocky island.
• The first crate then hits the rocks onshore and breaks apart, obliterating the contents of the crate.
• The narrator reveals that inside each of the crates is a brand-new robot.
• One by one, the next three crates smash into the rocks...
This section contains 7,520 words
(approx. 26 pages at 300 words per page)