|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could John NOT see from the mountain, according to Chapter 13?
2. What animals were in the place John and his friends sought refuge in the adventure on the lake?
3. What did John argue had a significant impact on the Sierra Nevadas, according to Chapter 19?
4. What caused the things John wanted to track the origin of in Chapter 12?
5. What did John decide to climb while he was out in nature in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the role of rattlesnakes in California, according to Chapter 11?
2. Explain John's relationship with Louise Wanda Strentzel.
3. What happened on John's difficult climb up Mount Shasta?
4. Describe John's third encounter with a rattlesnake. How did this change his treatment of them?
5. Compare and contrast the reaction of the white settlers to John's reaction to the earthquake.
6. Who was William Keith? What was his relationship with John?
7. How did John feel about the view at Tenaya Canyon? How do you know?
8. Why was John's judgment obscured in the incident on Mono Lake?
9. Describe John's tree-climbing experience.
10. What happened to John on his climb of Mount Ritter that ranked it among one of his most difficult?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain John's Muir's last adventure, according to The Wild Muir.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how John's childhood experiences specifically shaped his life in the wilderness.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how John's eye injury occurred when he worked in the factory and how that injury affected him on an adventure.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)