|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John do when he first saw the bear?
2. What two crops did John and his siblings help grow to be sold?
3. Where did John's father move the family in Chapter 3?
4. What did John climb in Chapter 10?
5. What was the year at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did John have free time? If so, what did he do with it. If not, why not?
2. What happened when Daniel encouraged his children to imitate frogs to learn to swim? How did John react?
3. What are "scoochers?" Give one example.
4. What were John's geographical movements at the beginning of Chapter 6? What work did he do at this time?
5. What did Daniel decide to do in 1857? Why did he do this?
6. What did John and his siblings do on the family's land? Why?
7. What did John and his siblings learn about their home? Who tells them?
8. After his second encounter with a bear, explain how John's attitude and behavior toward bears changed.
9. How did John get across an area he could not pass in Chapter 5?
10. Explain avalanche-riding. What was John's experience with it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the relationship between John Muir and his father.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between John and Louise Wanda Strentzel. How is this relationship expressed in The Wild Muir?
Essay Topic 3
Explain John's Muir's last adventure, according to The Wild Muir.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)