|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in short supply when John climbed Lone Mountain with companions?
(c) Oil for lamps.
2. What was John's friend's job, according to Chapter 13?
(b) University professor.
3. What was the steamboat carrying in Chapter 19?
4. According to Chapter 13, what was John's evening like on the first day of climbing?
(b) Almost religious.
5. What natural event occurred in Chapter 15?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A flood.
(c) A storm.
(d) A tornado.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the lake in Chapter 17 known for?
2. What climb was among the most difficult for John, according to Chapter 13?
3. On what day did Chapter 12 take place?
4. Where did John and his friends seek refuge in the adventure on the lake?
5. What time of day did John decide to climb in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Reverend Young while he was with John climbing mountains?
2. Who probably were the three friends mentioned in the Mono Lake Windstorm adventure? What were their careers?
3. How is the account in Chapter 15 different from other accounts of John's adventures?
4. Describe John's tree-climbing experience.
5. How does the account of John's climb up Mount Shasta by Augustus Frederick Rodgers differ from John's account?
6. What happened at the beginning of John's exploration of Tenaya Canyon? How did he react to it?
7. How did John feel about the view at Tenaya Canyon? How do you know?
8. What happened on John's difficult climb up Mount Shasta?
9. Explain John's view of trees.
10. Compare and contrast the reaction of the white settlers to John's reaction to the earthquake.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)