|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John's father move the family in Chapter 3?
(a) Key West.
(b) Fountain Lake.
(c) Hickory Hill.
(d) Old Dunbar Castle.
2. How tall was the ice cone?
(a) Four feet.
(b) Fourteen feet.
(c) Four hundred feet.
(d) Ten feet.
3. How did John spend the little free time he had?
(a) Studying machines.
(b) Inventing machines.
(c) Fixing machines.
(d) Taking machines apart.
4. Where did John go after the Sierra Nevada?
(a) Mount Shasta.
(b) Indian Canyon.
(c) Pacheco Pass.
(d) Yosemite Valley.
5. Why did John's father move the family in Chapter 3?
(a) The soil is poor where they are.
(b) His job transfers him to a new state.
(c) He's tired of the area.
(d) He loses his job.
6. What did John climb in Chapter 10?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A canyon.
(c) A tree.
(d) A dam.
7. What was replaced on the Yosemite, according to Chapter 10?
(b) Schools of fish.
8. How long did John have to wait before the boat started its journey in Chapter 5?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) One week.
9. From where did John earn a degree?
(a) University of Wisconsin.
(b) Boston College.
(c) University of California.
10. How long did the family of the boat's owner have to take care of John when he became sick?
(a) One month.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two months.
11. What work did John have in the Yosemite Valley?
(c) Building cottages.
12. In what canyon was the dome John went to the top of after his first encounter with the bear?
13. What was the year at the beginning of Chapter 6?
14. How many hours a day did John and his siblings work on the land for their father?
15. Who was the boat's owner whom John talked to about his passage?
(a) Mr. Hodgson.
(b) Colonel Palmby.
(c) Professor Butler.
(d) Reverend Young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the ice cone?
2. How did John and the bear react in their first encounter?
3. What did John travel to the top of a few days after his first encounter with the bear?
4. How did residents of Yosemite feel about John, according to Chapter 9?
5. According to a proprietor, what type of boat could help John with his passage?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)