|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John climb in Chapter 10?
(a) A tree.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A canyon.
(d) A dam.
2. What kind of life did John say was unnatural?
(a) Monastic life.
(b) City life.
(d) Farm life.
3. Where did John go after his arrival at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Indian Canyon.
(b) Pacheco Pass.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Yosemite Falls.
4. In what canyon was the dome John went to the top of after his first encounter with the bear?
5. How did John spend the little free time he had?
(a) Fixing machines.
(b) Inventing machines.
(c) Taking machines apart.
(d) Studying machines.
6. What happened to John in Chapter 5 that was the worst he ever experienced?
(a) A sickness.
(b) An argument with his father.
(c) A difficult job.
(d) A fall while climbing.
7. In what season did John hike in Chapter 10?
8. In what month was John born?
9. How long was John given to recover after he nearly drifted off to sleep working for his father?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) A few hours.
(d) Two weeks.
10. When did John have an accident that led him to commit to wilderness life?
(a) October, 1867.
(b) January, 1863.
(c) June, 1899.
(d) March, 1867.
11. How did the bear react when John encountered it a second time?
(a) It ignored him.
(b) It stood up, looked at him, and growled.
(c) It ran away from him.
(d) It didn't seem to mind John.
12. What work did John take in Chapter 6?
(b) Cattle wrangler.
13. What was replaced on the Yosemite, according to Chapter 10?
(c) Schools of fish.
14. What did John travel to the top of a few days after his first encounter with the bear?
(a) West Dome.
(b) North Dome.
(c) East Dome.
(d) South Dome.
15. How far down into the ice cone could John see?
(a) All the way to the bottom.
(b) About 140 feet.
(c) About 40 feet.
(d) About 10 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season did John have unsteady work in the Yosemite Valley?
2. How did John and the bear react in their first encounter?
3. Why did John's father move the family in Chapter 3?
4. How old was John when his family relocated in Chapter 3?
5. What happened to John one day at the ice cone?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)