|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did John have in the Yosemite Valley?
(a) Building cottages.
2. What happened to many people in the colder weather on the Yosemite?
(a) They went to warmer climates.
(b) They built igloos.
(c) They got frostbitten.
(d) They hoarded supplies.
3. What did John call the risky games he played as a child?
4. What kind of a father was John's father?
5. What interaction did John say he had with a bear in Chapter 7?
(a) A "close call."
(b) A "meeting."
(c) An "interview."
(d) A "friendship."
6. What did John travel to the top of a few days after his first encounter with the bear?
(a) South Dome.
(b) West Dome.
(c) North Dome.
(d) East Dome.
7. Where was the second place John used his talents with machines after earning his degree?
(d) Washington, D.C.
8. Why did John's father move the family in Chapter 3?
(a) He's tired of the area.
(b) His job transfers him to a new state.
(c) He loses his job.
(d) The soil is poor where they are.
9. What work did John take in Chapter 6?
(c) Cattle wrangler.
10. Who took John to a doctor to attempt to heal his eyes?
(a) His father.
(b) Reverend Young.
(c) Professor Butler.
(d) William Keith.
11. What was replaced on the Yosemite, according to Chapter 10?
(b) Schools of fish.
12. What concerned John about his destination in Chapter 5?
(a) Getting a disease.
(b) Internal conflict.
(c) The time needed to travel.
13. According to Chapter 4, when did John have free time?
(a) Before dawn.
(b) Around midnight.
(c) During lunch.
(d) After dusk.
14. According to Chapter 10, when was something replaced on the Yosemite before?
15. How long did the family of the boat's owner have to take care of John when he became sick?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John hike at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. From where did John earn a degree?
3. What aspect of John is the focus of Chapter 9?
4. How old was John when his family relocated in Chapter 3?
5. What animal did John's father encourage him to imitate?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)