|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to many people in the colder weather on the Yosemite?
(a) They hoarded supplies.
(b) They went to warmer climates.
(c) They got frostbitten.
(d) They built igloos.
2. How long was John given to recover after he nearly drifted off to sleep working for his father?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A week.
(c) A day.
(d) Two weeks.
3. In what month was John born?
4. From where did John earn a degree?
(a) University of California.
(c) Boston College.
(d) University of Wisconsin.
5. Why did John's father sell the crops the family grows?
(a) To support missionaries.
(b) To build the children's inheritance.
(c) To buy his way into politics.
(d) To support the family.
6. According to a proprietor, what type of boat could help John with his passage?
(a) A luxury liner.
(b) A Naval vessel.
(c) A freighter.
(d) A schooner.
7. What work did John take in Chapter 6?
(a) Cattle wrangler.
8. In what year does Chapter 2 begin?
(b) Present day.
9. How tall was the ice cone?
(a) Ten feet.
(b) Four hundred feet.
(c) Four feet.
(d) Fourteen feet.
10. After John's second encounter with the bear, how did bears generally treat him?
(a) They followed him to observe him.
(b) They gave him notice of their coming.
(c) They stayed away from him.
(d) They did not change their behavior.
11. How old was John when his family relocated in Chapter 3?
12. What animal did John's father encourage him to imitate?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A cat.
(c) An ant.
(d) A frog.
13. In what year was John born?
14. On what lake did John live when his father relocated them in Chapter 2?
(a) Lake Econlockhatchee.
(b) Fountain Lake.
(c) Lake Erie.
(d) The Great Salt Lake.
15. Where did John arrive at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to John one day at the ice cone?
2. In what city did John earn a degree?
3. How long did the family of the boat's owner have to take care of John when he became sick?
4. What did John do when he first saw the bear?
5. What kind of life did John say was unnatural?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)