|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Climbing the Ice Cone, Chapter 10, The Snow Avalanche Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What agreement did John make with the owner of the boat in order to gain passage?
(a) John would pay him $700.
(b) John would serve for two years in the Navy.
(c) John would be the owner's traveling companion.
(d) John would work for him.
2. How did the bear initially react to John?
(a) It chased him.
(b) It ignored him.
(c) It did not run away.
(d) It sniffed him, then moved on.
3. Where was John born?
4. What did John want to do to the ice cone in Chapter 9?
(a) Sculpt it into something.
(b) Sketch it.
(c) Climb it.
(d) Break it off and take it home.
5. Where did John's father take the family in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John's father's name?
2. Where was the ice cone?
3. What was the year at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What happened to John one day at the ice cone?
5. Where did John arrive at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)