|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Climbing the Ice Cone, Chapter 10, The Snow Avalanche Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did John study local plant and animal life?
(a) To further his education.
(b) To figure out what is edible.
(c) To lift his spirits.
(d) To be able to be a tour guide.
2. What did John travel to the top of a few days after his first encounter with the bear?
(a) North Dome.
(b) South Dome.
(c) East Dome.
(d) West Dome.
3. How long did John have to wait before the boat started its journey in Chapter 5?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Six weeks.
4. What was the weather like in the valley in Chapter 9?
(a) Good hiking weather.
(b) Warm and breezy.
(c) Hot and humid.
(d) Cold and frosty.
5. What was replaced on the Yosemite, according to Chapter 10?
(d) Schools of fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 3, when did John's father relocate the family?
2. How did the bear initially react to John?
3. Where did John arrive at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. How did John react when he spent a summer in the city?
5. Why did John go to the top of the dome?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)