|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Climbing the Ice Cone, Chapter 10, The Snow Avalanche Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did John's father sell the crops the family grows?
(a) To build the children's inheritance.
(b) To support missionaries.
(c) To support the family.
(d) To buy his way into politics.
2. What was the year at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. How long did the family of the boat's owner have to take care of John when he became sick?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) Two months.
4. How did the bear initially react to John?
(a) It sniffed him, then moved on.
(b) It chased him.
(c) It did not run away.
(d) It ignored him.
5. What was replaced on the Yosemite, according to Chapter 10?
(d) Schools of fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life did John say was unnatural?
2. How long was John given to recover after he nearly drifted off to sleep working for his father?
3. After John's second encounter with the bear, how did bears generally treat him?
4. What animal did John's father encourage him to imitate?
5. What happened to John in Chapter 5 that was the worst he ever experienced?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)