|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Rescue of Glenora Peak, Chapter 20, Stickeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the boat's owner whom John talked to about his passage?
(a) Reverend Young.
(b) Professor Butler.
(c) Mr. Hodgson.
(d) Colonel Palmby.
2. How long did John explore the Sierra Nevada, according to Chapter 8?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Six years.
3. What animals were in the place John and his friends sought refuge in the adventure on the lake?
(a) Garden snakes.
(b) A badger and an owl.
(d) Wood rats.
4. What is different about the second version of events in Chapter 19?
(a) It is written in slang.
(b) There is much more detail.
(c) It focuses on the weather rather than the actual events.
(d) The account is incomplete.
5. What was the lake in Chapter 17 known for?
(c) Frequent storms.
(d) Lily pads and flowers almost year-round.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the account in Chapter 18 written?
2. Where did John go after his arrival at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. How big was the lake John took his friends to in Chapter 17?
4. What was the steamboat carrying in Chapter 19?
5. What was replaced on the Yosemite, according to Chapter 10?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)