|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Rescue of Glenora Peak, Chapter 20, Stickeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did one of John's most difficult climbs take place, according to Chapter 13?
2. What worry did the group have as John led them up Mount Shasta?
(a) There were wild animals that would hurt them.
(b) The trek would be too difficult for the group.
(c) They didn't have enough supplies.
(d) A storm would come up.
3. How high did John and James climb in four hours and ten minutes?
(a) 8,000 feet.
(b) The exact height is not known.
(c) 7,000 feet.
(d) 6,000 feet.
4. How was John able to get going again after the half-way point on the mountain?
(a) He fell on purpose, letting his instincts kick in to save him.
(b) He found a fresh water spring to refill his canteen.
(c) He became bored of the view.
(d) He remembered a promise he made to his friend.
5. How did the Yosemite indigenous react to the natural event?
(a) They fled.
(b) They went to war with another tribe.
(c) They offered animal sacrifices.
(d) They tried to drive white settlers off the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John do when he first saw the bear?
2. According to a proprietor, what type of boat could help John with his passage?
3. How high did John climb in Chapter 15?
4. On what lake did the adventure in Chapter 17 take place?
5. How did residents of Yosemite feel about John, according to Chapter 9?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)