|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Ascent of Mount Ritter, Chapter 14, A Geologist's Winter Walk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took John to a doctor to attempt to heal his eyes?
(a) His father.
(b) William Keith.
(c) Reverend Young.
(d) Professor Butler.
2. Where did John spend the winter of 1872?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
3. When did John have an accident that led him to commit to wilderness life?
(a) January, 1863.
(b) June, 1899.
(c) March, 1867.
(d) October, 1867.
4. Where did John go after his arrival at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Indian Canyon.
(c) Yosemite Falls.
(d) Pacheco Pass.
5. Where was the ice cone?
(a) In Indian Canyon.
(b) The exact location is not known.
(c) At Yosemite Falls.
(d) Near Mount Shasta.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was John when his family relocated in Chapter 3?
2. Where was the mountain after John's first day of climbing?
3. Why did John think his father relocated the family in Chapter 3?
4. According to Chapter 13, what was John's evening like on the first day of climbing?
5. How long did John spend in the city in the winter of 1872?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)