|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Ascent of Mount Ritter, Chapter 14, A Geologist's Winter Walk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John's father move the family in Chapter 3?
(a) Fountain Lake.
(b) Key West.
(c) Old Dunbar Castle.
(d) Hickory Hill.
2. What happened to many people in the colder weather on the Yosemite?
(a) They went to warmer climates.
(b) They built igloos.
(c) They got frostbitten.
(d) They hoarded supplies.
3. How long did John have to wait before the boat started its journey in Chapter 5?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
4. According to Chapter 4, when did John have free time?
(a) During lunch.
(b) Before dawn.
(c) Around midnight.
(d) After dusk.
5. How did the bear react when John encountered it a second time?
(a) It ignored him.
(b) It didn't seem to mind John.
(c) It stood up, looked at him, and growled.
(d) It ran away from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did John have to move around the base of the mountain before climbing it?
2. Who took John to a doctor to attempt to heal his eyes?
3. How did John react when he spent a summer in the city?
4. Where did John go after heading south in Chapter 5?
5. What was on the boat John took in Chapter 5?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)