|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Ascent of Mount Ritter, Chapter 14, A Geologist's Winter Walk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of John is the focus of Chapter 9?
(a) His risk-taking behavior.
(b) His passion for the wilderness.
(c) His love of animals.
(d) His desire to have a family.
2. What did John travel to the top of a few days after his first encounter with the bear?
(a) South Dome.
(b) East Dome.
(c) West Dome.
(d) North Dome.
3. How did John react when he spent a summer in the city?
(a) He felt at home.
(b) He wanted to leave his parents to make a life for himself.
(c) He felt like he was wasting away.
(d) He was inspired to write poetry.
4. What nationality was John's friend, according to Chapter 13?
5. What was different about the landmark John climbed in Chapter 10 in comparison to John's other mentioned landmarks?
(a) It had never been explored.
(b) It was a common retreat for John.
(c) It was unidentified.
(d) It was man made.
Short Answer Questions
1. What agreement did John make with the owner of the boat in order to gain passage?
2. Who took John to a doctor to attempt to heal his eyes?
3. According to a proprietor, what type of boat could help John with his passage?
4. Where was the mountain after John's first day of climbing?
5. What did John want to see at the Sierra Nevada?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)