|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Ascent of Mount Ritter, Chapter 14, A Geologist's Winter Walk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What friend of John is introduced in Chapter 13?
(a) William Keith.
(b) S. Young.
(c) Daniel Childers.
(d) Ernie Anderson.
2. What work did John have in the Yosemite Valley?
(c) Building cottages.
3. What did John do when he reached the half-way point of the mountain?
(a) He sent up a flare.
(b) He set up a semi-permanent camp.
(c) He went back down the mountain.
(d) He stopped.
4. Who was the boat's owner whom John talked to about his passage?
(a) Mr. Hodgson.
(b) Professor Butler.
(c) Colonel Palmby.
(d) Reverend Young.
5. According to Chapter 4, when did John have free time?
(a) Around midnight.
(b) During lunch.
(c) After dusk.
(d) Before dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 3, when did John's father relocate the family?
2. Where did John hike at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. Why did John study local plant and animal life?
4. Where was the second place John used his talents with machines after earning his degree?
5. What did John decide to do regarding bears after his second encounter?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)