|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Mono Lake Windstorm, Chapter 18, Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the phenomena that occurred in Chapter 12?
(a) The Great Day.
(b) The Day the Earth Stood Still.
(c) Inyo Earthquake.
(d) The Great Yosemite Storm.
2. How did John treat rattlesnakes after his initial encounters with them in Chapter 11?
(a) He avoided them.
(b) He turned them over to park rangers in his area.
(c) He tried to tame them.
(d) He ignored them.
3. Where did John go after his arrival at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Pacheco Pass.
(b) Indian Canyon.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Yosemite Falls.
4. What was in short supply when John climbed Lone Mountain with companions?
(a) Oil for lamps.
5. How did John feel about the animal he was prejudiced against after a time?
(a) He felt indifferent toward it.
(b) He feared it.
(c) He respected it.
(d) He resented it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What natural event occurred in Chapter 12?
2. In what season did the events of Chapter 17 probably occur?
3. Where did John go after the Sierra Nevada?
4. John's journey going to take him up the coast from ______________.
5. On what day did Chapter 12 take place?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)