|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Mono Lake Windstorm, Chapter 18, Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Chapter 12 take place?
2. Where did John go after his arrival at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Indian Canyon.
(b) Yosemite Falls.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Pacheco Pass.
3. What does John want to track the origin of in Chapter 12?
(a) A family of foxes.
4. What natural event occurred in Chapter 12?
(a) A volcano erupted.
(b) A tornado tore through Yosemite.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A blizzard hit.
5. The Yosemite indigenous believed that _____________ caused the natural event that was discussed in Chapter 12.
(a) Another tribe's medicine man.
(b) White settlers.
(c) The god of the mountains.
(d) Angry spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was on the boat John took in Chapter 5?
2. How did John feel about the animal he was prejudiced against after a time?
3. Who was NOT one of the friends John is probably referring to in Chapter 17?
4. How is the account in Chapter 18 written?
5. Where did John and his friends seek refuge in the adventure on the lake?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)