|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Mono Lake Windstorm, Chapter 18, Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the year at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What work did John take in Chapter 6?
(d) Cattle wrangler.
3. According to a proprietor, what type of boat could help John with his passage?
(a) A schooner.
(b) A luxury liner.
(c) A Naval vessel.
(d) A freighter.
4. Who was the boat's owner whom John talked to about his passage?
(a) Reverend Young.
(b) Professor Butler.
(c) Mr. Hodgson.
(d) Colonel Palmby.
5. How did the Yosemite indigenous react to the natural event?
(a) They went to war with another tribe.
(b) They fled.
(c) They tried to drive white settlers off the land.
(d) They offered animal sacrifices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the lake in Chapter 17 known for?
2. What composed the lake John took his friends to?
3. What did John want to investigate in the early summer of 1869?
4. What concerned John about his destination in Chapter 5?
5. What did John want to see at the Sierra Nevada?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)