|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Spenser and Hawk meet Broz?
2. What exercise does Spenser take in Chapter 29?
3. What kind of weapon does Spenser take with him on his run?
4. Why does Spenser think Browne ends the meeting?
5. How do the two young girls look when they exit Broz' apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spenser try to help Cynthia in this section?
2. What does Browne make Spenser realize about Joe Broz in Chapter 26?
3. Why do Hawk and Spenser think Broz won't take the situation any further?
4. What do Spenser and Susan discuss at dinner?
5. What progress does Spenser make in the investigation at the beginning of Chapter 25?
6. Why does Spenser sympathize with the women he photographs in Gerry's bedroom?
7. How does Spenser persuade Cynthia Knox to talk to him?
8. Why does Joe refuse to give the tapes to Spenser?
9. Why does Spenser think Hawk is important to him in helping solve the case?
10. What realization does Susan come to about relationships at the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Spenser's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the one he is at the end.
1. What did Spenser hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Spenser ideas about life?
3. How has Spenser's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)