|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Spenser's office at the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. What city was the videotape sent from?
3. Who does Nolan say hired him?
4. As what does Farrell hire Spenser?
5. What does Alexander say he will do rather than let his wife know she is being used in the blackmail deal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meade talk about at the University of Lowell?
2. What does Spenser do before he meets Cosgrove?
3. How does Meade deal with his wife's drinking problem?
4. How does Martin Quirk help Spenser in this section?
5. What move does Spenser make when Morris leaves his office?
6. How does Spenser react to Alexander's telling him about the videotape?
7. Why do the Alexanders decide to hire Spenser?
8. How does going to Georgetown help Spenser's case?
9. Why does Spenser say it is necessary to act aggressively towards Alexander in regards to his wife?
10. What does Spenser do when he returns home from his office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Robert B. Parker say about the nature of relationships and love? How does he use the main characters and story to express his view?
Essay Topic 2
Replace the book's setting with one of the following settings.
2. New York.
3. Los Angeles.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios.
1. The President dies.
2. America is attacked.
3. Drugs become legal.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)