|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Joe Broz' son?
2. What does the mug on the side contain?
3. For what newspaper does Spenser's friend work?
4. With whom does Susan say she empathizes?
5. What is printed on the student's Georgetown t-shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Ronni prove she has in this section?
2. How does Spenser act when he meets the Alexanders?
3. What does Cosgrove tell Spenser about Alexander and his political team?
4. Why is Spenser so sad at the end of the section?
5. How does this section express Spenser's loneliness?
6. What does Meade talk about at the University of Lowell?
7. What move does Spenser make when Morris leaves his office?
8. Describe Spenser.
9. How does Spenser react to Alexander's telling him about the videotape?
10. How is Spenser and Cosgrove's friendship mutually beneficial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Spenser makes such a good private detective? How could Spenser improve himself as a detective? How is the job of a private detective different to that of a police detective? Why did Spenser decider to become a private detective rather than a police detective?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Parker's previous book and contrast it with THE WIDENING GYRE in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios.
1. The President dies.
2. America is attacked.
3. Drugs become legal.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)