|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mug on the side contain?
2. What do the workers at the women's club compliment Ronni about?
3. Where were the two students attacked while campaigning for Alexander?
4. Who does Spenser try to call in this section?
5. What does Meade tell the students he wants to protect?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Alexanders decide to hire Spenser?
2. How does Spenser react to Alexander's telling him about the videotape?
3. How does Spenser force Pelletier to talk?
4. What does Spenser do when he returns home from his office?
5. How does Spenser act when he meets the Alexanders?
6. What does Spenser find out about Joe Broz in this section?
7. What do Paul and Spenser say about Sarah in this section?
8. What does Cosgrove tell Spenser about Alexander and his political team?
9. What does Meade talk about at the University of Lowell?
10. How much insight does Paul provide about Spenser's character in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Meade make such a successful politician? What does the character of Meade express about American politics in the 1980s?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Spenser's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the one he is at the end.
1. What did Spenser hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Spenser ideas about life?
3. How has Spenser's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What does Robert B. Parker say about the nature of relationships and love? How does he use the main characters and story to express his view?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)