|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josephine do that prompts Captain Sham to push her overboard?
(a) Corrects his grammar
(b) Hugs him
(c) Sneezes on him
(d) Stops him from hurting the children
2. What does the narrator say the sound of the Leeches was like?
(a) A low hum
(b) Screetching metal
(d) A vibration
3. What does the narrator say the library room shook like?
(b) Belly dancer
(d) Fat on a Christmas ham
4. What does Captain Sham say he thought had happened to the children?
(a) Ran away
(b) Gotten lost on the way home
(c) Went to the hospital for their allergies
(d) Fell off the cliff with the house
5. What does the narrator say Captain Sham resembled while they were at the restaurant?
(d) Earth worm
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus tell Josephine will be coming to the Cave that frightens her enough to make her agree to leave?
2. Why does Klaus say the Leeches probably won't show up?
3. Who is waiting at the dock when the children arrive with Captain Sham?
4. Why does Klaus say rowing won't help?
5. Since its hands are full with Sunny and Violet what does the accomplice use to stop Klaus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the invention that Violet makes in Chapter 11 and what it does.
2. What happens in Chapter 8 just after the children have found the atlas to tell them where Aunt Josephine is hiding?
3. What does Aunt Josephine say when Captain Sham say he is going to thrown her overboard?
4. What does Captain Sham tell Mr. Poe about him and Josephine in chapter seven while they are eating at the restauarant?
5. What happens to the Baudelaire children when the eat the peppermints?
6. Describe how Aunt Josephine acts when the children first get her into the boat in Chapter 11?
7. What does Klaus do in Chapter 8 when he enters the library room?
8. What do the children realize after the storm has passed and they are on the lake?
9. Describe the scene when the Baudelaire children first arrive back at Josephine's house in the beginning of Chapter 8.
10. What is the realization that the children come to after talking with Aunt Josephine in the cave in Chapter 10?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)