|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet say she is trying to create?
(b) A homemade horn
(c) A motor
(d) A Leech repellant
2. What does Klaus explain that he believes Aunt Josephine left in the note?
(a) A message
(b) A map
(c) Her bank information
(d) Information about Captain Sham
3. What do Klaus and Violet tell Mr. Poe that they have to go do?
(a) Save Aunt Josephine
(b) Go back to the cave
(d) Throw food in the water for the Leeches
4. Who comes to rescue the children after seeing the fire?
(a) The harbor patrol
(b) Captain Sham
(c) Mr. Poe
(d) The creature
5. What does the narrator say the library room shook like?
(a) Belly dancer
(b) Fat on a Christmas ham
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus say the word Ike in Josephine's letter was supposed to be?
2. Which of the Baudelaire children goes in after the keys to the sailboat?
3. What did the children do when a car passed them as they made their way to the Fickle Ferry?
4. What does Josephine say she knew the children were?
5. What does Josephine say that Count Olaf told her he would do if she didn't give the children over to his care?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aunt Josephine say when Captain Sham say he is going to thrown her overboard?
2. Describe the scene in which the children look in the window of Captain Sham's sailboat rentals.
3. Describe how the children sail the boat in Chapter 10.
4. What does Violet do under the table while they are eating at the restaurant?
5. What happens to the Baudelaire children when the eat the peppermints?
6. In the end of Chapter 11 what does the author mean by the phrase 'mixed blessing'?
7. Describe the Baudelaires' journey to the Fickle Ferry in Chapter 9.
8. What is the realization that the children come to after talking with Aunt Josephine in the cave in Chapter 10?
9. Describe the scene when the Baudelaire children first arrive back at Josephine's house in the beginning of Chapter 8.
10. What does Captain Sham tell Mr. Poe about him and Josephine in chapter seven while they are eating at the restauarant?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)