|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the children do when a car passed them as they made their way to the Fickle Ferry?
(a) Stick out their thumbs
(b) Hide in the bushes
(c) Run behind houses
(d) Lay down in the ditches
2. What is happening when the Baudelaires leave the restaurant?
(a) There is a parade
(b) The sky has grown dark
(c) The wind is gusting very hard
(d) It has started raining
3. What does Violet say she thinks that she and her siblings should do?
(a) Got a doctor
(b) Go home and lie down
(c) Go to the hospital
(d) Sue the restaurant
4. What sign do the children see as they get to the Fickle Ferry docks?
(a) No children without adult supervision
(d) No Shirts, No Shoes, No service
5. What does Klaus continue to do while they sail across the lake?
(a) Secure the ropes
(b) Look at the life jackets
(c) Check the atlas
(d) Check the compass
Short Answer Questions
1. What costume is the waiter wearing at the restaurant?
2. Why do the children say Aunt Josephine has a chance?
3. What does Klaus say the word Ike in Josephine's letter was supposed to be?
4. Since its hands are full with Sunny and Violet what does the accomplice use to stop Klaus?
5. What does Violet do while they sail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Captain Sham tell Mr. Poe about him and Josephine in chapter seven while they are eating at the restauarant?
2. Describe the invention that Violet makes in Chapter 11 and what it does.
3. Describe how Aunt Josephine acts when the children first get her into the boat in Chapter 11?
4. In the end of Chapter 11 what does the author mean by the phrase 'mixed blessing'?
5. What does the narrator explain when Violet says they are going to steal a sailboat?
6. Describe the scene when the Baudelaire children first arrive back at Josephine's house in the beginning of Chapter 8.
7. What do the children think about when Josephine is thrown overboard and they sail away from her.
8. Describe the Baudelaires' journey to the Fickle Ferry in Chapter 9.
9. Describe the scene at the end of Chapter 12 where the Baudelaire children, Captain Sham, and Mr. Poe are having their argument.
10. What does Violet do under the table while they are eating at the restaurant?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)