|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus tell Josephine will be coming to the Cave that frightens her enough to make her agree to leave?
(d) Captain Sham
2. Since its hands are full with Sunny and Violet what does the accomplice use to stop Klaus?
(a) Sits on Klaus
(b) Holds Klaus in his mouth
(c) Steps on Klaus' foot
(d) Lays on Klaus
3. What does the sign outside the cave say?
(c) For Sale
(d) No Trespassing
4. What does Aunt Josephine say every few minutes while they are in the boat?
(a) My oh my
(b) Heavens to Murgatroy
(c) Oh no
(d) Oh dear
5. Where does Captain Sham say that he and Josephine had met while he is telling Mr. Poe the story?
(a) At the Lake
(b) While at a theater
(c) Cooking school
(d) In the grocery store
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Sham say the Baudelaire children will be in just a few short hours
2. Who comes to rescue the children after seeing the fire?
3. What did the children do when a car passed them as they made their way to the Fickle Ferry?
4. Which of the Baudelaire children goes in after the keys to the sailboat?
5. What does the narrator say there are few sights sadder than?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the creature stop the Baudelaire children after it wakes up?
2. What does Larry the waiter offer the children to eat?
3. What does Violet do under the table while they are eating at the restaurant?
4. What does Josephine tell the children had happened to her when she decided to run away?
5. Describe the scene in Chapter 11 when the Leeches arrive.
6. Describe how Aunt Josephine acts when the children first get her into the boat in Chapter 11?
7. What is the realization that the children come to after talking with Aunt Josephine in the cave in Chapter 10?
8. Describe the scene at the end of Chapter 12 where the Baudelaire children, Captain Sham, and Mr. Poe are having their argument.
9. Describe the invention that Violet makes in Chapter 11 and what it does.
10. What happens in Chapter 8 just after the children have found the atlas to tell them where Aunt Josephine is hiding?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)