|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet decide they must do in order to get to Aunt Josephine?
(b) Steal a boat
(c) Go to the police
(d) Find a car
2. What does the narrator say Captain Sham resembled while they were at the restaurant?
(c) Earth worm
3. What does Sunny do while her siblings are trying to convince Mr. Poe that Aunt Josephine may still be alive?
(a) Gets into the water
(b) Gets into Mr. Poe's car
(c) Goes over to a sail boat
(d) Bites Captain Sham's peg leg
4. What sign do the children see as they get to the Fickle Ferry docks?
(a) No Shirts, No Shoes, No service
(d) No children without adult supervision
5. What does Klaus explain that he believes Aunt Josephine left in the note?
(a) Information about Captain Sham
(b) A message
(c) A map
(d) Her bank information
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Poe say that Captain Sham will have to do before the children will be put into his care?
2. What does Klaus say he had never noticed before?
3. Due to their swollen tongues, what is the only thing that Klaus and Sunny can say?
4. What does Josephine do that prompts Captain Sham to push her overboard?
5. What does Aunt Josephine NOT say that she will do in order to disappear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the invention that Violet makes in Chapter 11 and what it does.
2. What is the realization that the children come to after talking with Aunt Josephine in the cave in Chapter 10?
3. Describe the scene at the end of Chapter 12 where the Baudelaire children, Captain Sham, and Mr. Poe are having their argument.
4. In the end of Chapter 11 what does the author mean by the phrase 'mixed blessing'?
5. Describe how the children sail the boat in Chapter 10.
6. What does Captain Sham say to the children when they get into his boat?
7. What happens to the Baudelaire children when the eat the peppermints?
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 11 when the Leeches arrive.
9. What does the narrator explain when Violet says they are going to steal a sailboat?
10. What do the children think about when Josephine is thrown overboard and they sail away from her.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)