|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign do the children see as they get to the Fickle Ferry docks?
(c) No Shirts, No Shoes, No service
(d) No children without adult supervision
2. Who is waiting at the dock when the children arrive with Captain Sham?
(a) The creature
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) The Fickle Ferry captain
(d) The police
3. Why do the children say Aunt Josephine has a chance?
(a) There are other boats out on the lake
(b) There is a buoy near by
(c) She is a strong swimmer
(d) She is away from the Leeches
4. What did the children do when a car passed them as they made their way to the Fickle Ferry?
(a) Lay down in the ditches
(b) Stick out their thumbs
(c) Hide in the bushes
(d) Run behind houses
5. What does Mr. Poe say he will have at the restaurant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the library room shook like?
2. Who does Violet tell Klaus they will say they are?
3. What does Captain Sham say the Baudelaire children will be in just a few short hours
4. What does the narrator say there are few sights sadder than?
5. Due to their swollen tongues, what is the only thing that Klaus and Sunny can say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Larry the waiter offer the children to eat?
2. Describe the invention that Violet makes in Chapter 11 and what it does.
3. What does the narrator explain when Violet says they are going to steal a sailboat?
4. Describe the scene at the end of Chapter 12 where the Baudelaire children, Captain Sham, and Mr. Poe are having their argument.
5. What does Josephine tell the children had happened to her when she decided to run away?
6. Describe the scene when the Baudelaire children first arrive back at Josephine's house in the beginning of Chapter 8.
7. What do the children realize after the storm has passed and they are on the lake?
8. What does Josephine's library look like when Klaus enters in Chapter 8?
9. Describe the scene in which the children look in the window of Captain Sham's sailboat rentals.
10. Describe the Baudelaires' journey to the Fickle Ferry in Chapter 9.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)