|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josephine say she will help the children do after she catches her breath?
(a) Bring in their luggage
(b) Go to the police
(c) Sail back to shore
(d) Run away
2. What does Aunt Josephine say every few minutes while they are in the boat?
(a) Heavens to Murgatroy
(b) Oh no
(c) My oh my
(d) Oh dear
3. What did the children do when a car passed them as they made their way to the Fickle Ferry?
(a) Lay down in the ditches
(b) Hide in the bushes
(c) Run behind houses
(d) Stick out their thumbs
4. What does Klaus tell Josephine will be coming to the Cave that frightens her enough to make her agree to leave?
(c) Captain Sham
5. What does Josephine say she knew the children were?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet do while they sail?
2. What does the narrator say the sound of the Leeches was like?
3. What does Aunt Josephine NOT tell Captain Sham?
4. When does Mr. Poe say he doesn't drink?
5. What fancy word does Klaus say that Aunt Josephine misspelled?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)