|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Violet tell Klaus they will say they are?
(a) Lost children looking for home
(b) The Jones children
(c) The Browns
(d) Escaping a lunatic
2. Why does Captain Sham no one will believe Josephine?
(a) She is too scared to tell anyone
(b) She is a liar
(c) Everyone knows she is a nut
(d) She is dead
3. What does Violet need from Josephine to make her invention work?
(c) Bobby pins
(d) Hair net
4. What is the creature on the docks doing as the Baudelaires sail away.
(a) Going into the shack
(c) Shaking its fist in the air
(d) Still trying to get up
5. What does Josephine say that Count Olaf told her he would do if she didn't give the children over to his care?
(a) Make her disappear
(b) Drown her in the lake
(c) Feed her to the leeches
(d) Force her to use the stove
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josephine do that prompts Captain Sham to push her overboard?
2. What does the narrator say that Count Olaf's accomplice held Sunny up like?
3. How do the children free the sailboat from the dock before the creature gets to them?
4. What does Captain Sham say Josephine jumping out the window would have been?
5. What color light do the children see at dark?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)