|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Count Olaf's accomplice pick Violet up by?
(a) Her neck
(b) Her hair
(c) Her shirt
(d) Her arm
2. What sign do the children see as they get to the Fickle Ferry docks?
(b) No children without adult supervision
(d) No Shirts, No Shoes, No service
3. Why does Violet say she and Sunny didn't take a baking soda bath?
(a) There was no hot water
(b) They decided they look good in hives
(c) The lights went out because of the hurricane
(d) Aunt Josephine didn't keep baking soda
4. What does Violet decide they must do in order to get to Aunt Josephine?
(a) Find a car
(c) Steal a boat
(d) Go to the police
5. What does Violet do while they sail?
(c) Secures Sunny in a life jacket
(d) Pulls the ropes to catch the wind
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting at the dock when the children arrive with Captain Sham?
2. What does Klaus say he had never noticed before?
3. What does Captain Sham say Aunt Josephine is going to be joining?
4. What does Captain Sham say Josephine jumping out the window would have been?
5. What message has Klaus been able to get out of Aunt Josephine's letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene at the end of Chapter 12 where the Baudelaire children, Captain Sham, and Mr. Poe are having their argument.
2. Describe the scene when the Baudelaire children first arrive back at Josephine's house in the beginning of Chapter 8.
3. Describe the invention that Violet makes in Chapter 11 and what it does.
4. Describe how the children sail the boat in Chapter 10.
5. What does Josephine's library look like when Klaus enters in Chapter 8?
6. Describe how Aunt Josephine acts when the children first get her into the boat in Chapter 11?
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 11 when the Leeches arrive.
8. What does Aunt Josephine say when Captain Sham say he is going to thrown her overboard?
9. What happens to the Baudelaire children when the eat the peppermints?
10. What does Larry the waiter offer the children to eat?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)