|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the library room shook like?
(a) Belly dancer
(c) Fat on a Christmas ham
2. Why do the children say Aunt Josephine has a chance?
(a) There is a buoy near by
(b) She is a strong swimmer
(c) She is away from the Leeches
(d) There are other boats out on the lake
3. What does Captain Sham say he thought had happened to the children?
(a) Went to the hospital for their allergies
(b) Ran away
(c) Fell off the cliff with the house
(d) Gotten lost on the way home
4. What does Aunt Josephine NOT say that she will do in order to disappear?
(a) Get plastic surgery
(b) Dye her hair
(c) Change her name
(d) Wear colored contact lenses
5. What does Violet do while they sail?
(c) Pulls the ropes to catch the wind
(d) Secures Sunny in a life jacket
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet do to help her hives?
2. What does Violet decide they must do in order to get to Aunt Josephine?
3. Due to their swollen tongues, what is the only thing that Klaus and Sunny can say?
4. What does the narrator say there are few sights sadder than?
5. What does Aunt Josephine ask the children not to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the end of Chapter 11 what does the author mean by the phrase 'mixed blessing'?
2. Describe the Baudelaires' journey to the Fickle Ferry in Chapter 9.
3. What does Captain Sham say to the children when they get into his boat?
4. Describe the invention that Violet makes in Chapter 11 and what it does.
5. How does the creature stop the Baudelaire children after it wakes up?
6. What happens in Chapter 8 just after the children have found the atlas to tell them where Aunt Josephine is hiding?
7. What happens to the Baudelaire children when the eat the peppermints?
8. What does Larry the waiter offer the children to eat?
9. Describe the scene at the end of Chapter 12 where the Baudelaire children, Captain Sham, and Mr. Poe are having their argument.
10. What does Captain Sham tell Mr. Poe about him and Josephine in chapter seven while they are eating at the restauarant?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)