|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the children do when a car passed them as they made their way to the Fickle Ferry?
(a) Hide in the bushes
(b) Run behind houses
(c) Lay down in the ditches
(d) Stick out their thumbs
2. What does Count Olaf's accomplice step on that causes it to fall?
(a) Violet's shoe
(b) Sunny's rattle
(c) A slick puddle
(d) Lake atlas
3. What do Klaus and Violet tell Mr. Poe that they have to go do?
(a) Go back to the cave
(b) Throw food in the water for the Leeches
(c) Save Aunt Josephine
4. What does Sunny do while her siblings are trying to convince Mr. Poe that Aunt Josephine may still be alive?
(a) Gets into the water
(b) Bites Captain Sham's peg leg
(c) Gets into Mr. Poe's car
(d) Goes over to a sail boat
5. What does Klaus say he had never noticed before?
(a) How calming the waves are
(b) How much he enjoyed the water
(c) How pretty Lake Lachrymose is
(d) How smart they are
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus tell Josephine will be coming to the Cave that frightens her enough to make her agree to leave?
2. Why does Klaus say the Leeches probably won't show up?
3. What sign do the children see as they get to the Fickle Ferry docks?
4. Where do the children intend to get a boat to go find Aunt Josephine?
5. Why does Captain Sham no one will believe Josephine?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)