|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the creature on the docks doing as the Baudelaires sail away.
(b) Shaking its fist in the air
(c) Still trying to get up
(d) Going into the shack
2. What does Violet decide they must do in order to get to Aunt Josephine?
(a) Go to the police
(b) Find a car
(c) Steal a boat
3. What does Violet say she is trying to create?
(a) A homemade horn
(c) A Leech repellant
(d) A motor
4. What does Klaus say the word Ike in Josephine's letter was supposed to be?
5. What does Mr. Poe say he will have at the restaurant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening when the Baudelaires leave the restaurant?
2. Which of the Baudelaire children goes in after the keys to the sailboat?
3. What does Captain Sham say the Baudelaire children will be in just a few short hours
4. Why do the children say Aunt Josephine has a chance?
5. What does Aunt Josephine tell the children she ate just before they arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Josephine's library look like when Klaus enters in Chapter 8?
2. Describe the scene in which the children look in the window of Captain Sham's sailboat rentals.
3. What does Klaus do in Chapter 8 when he enters the library room?
4. What happens in Chapter 8 just after the children have found the atlas to tell them where Aunt Josephine is hiding?
5. Describe the invention that Violet makes in Chapter 11 and what it does.
6. What does Violet do under the table while they are eating at the restaurant?
7. What is the realization that the children come to after talking with Aunt Josephine in the cave in Chapter 10?
8. Describe the Baudelaires' journey to the Fickle Ferry in Chapter 9.
9. In the end of Chapter 11 what does the author mean by the phrase 'mixed blessing'?
10. What do the children think about when Josephine is thrown overboard and they sail away from her.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)