|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting at the dock when the children arrive with Captain Sham?
(a) The Fickle Ferry captain
(b) The police
(c) The creature
(d) Mr. Poe
2. Where does Captain Sham say that he and Josephine had met while he is telling Mr. Poe the story?
(a) In the grocery store
(b) At the Lake
(c) Cooking school
(d) While at a theater
3. What does Count Olaf's accomplice pick Violet up by?
(a) Her hair
(b) Her arm
(c) Her neck
(d) Her shirt
4. Why does Klaus say the Leeches probably won't show up?
(a) Bananas don't smell very strong
(b) Leeches sleep at night
(c) The hurricane scared them away
(d) They are moving too fast
5. What does the narrator say that Count Olaf's accomplice held Sunny up like?
(a) An ice cream cone
(b) A sucker
(c) A dirty sock
(d) A prize
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the children free the sailboat from the dock before the creature gets to them?
2. What does Violet need from Josephine to make her invention work?
3. What does Sunny do while her siblings are trying to convince Mr. Poe that Aunt Josephine may still be alive?
4. What did the children do when a car passed them as they made their way to the Fickle Ferry?
5. What does Klaus continue to do while they sail across the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the children realize after the storm has passed and they are on the lake?
2. What do the children think about when Josephine is thrown overboard and they sail away from her.
3. Describe how the children sail the boat in Chapter 10.
4. What does Josephine's library look like when Klaus enters in Chapter 8?
5. Describe the scene in Chapter 11 when the Leeches arrive.
6. What does Josephine tell the children had happened to her when she decided to run away?
7. Describe the scene at the end of Chapter 12 where the Baudelaire children, Captain Sham, and Mr. Poe are having their argument.
8. Describe the Baudelaires' journey to the Fickle Ferry in Chapter 9.
9. Describe the scene in which the children look in the window of Captain Sham's sailboat rentals.
10. What does the narrator explain when Violet says they are going to steal a sailboat?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)