|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mr. Poe say he doesn't drink?
(a) In front of children
(b) While he eats
(c) Banking hours
2. What does Mr. Poe say that Captain Sham will have to do before the children will be put into his care?
(a) Sign some papers
(b) Go before a judge
(c) Show Mr. Poe his house
(d) Put the children into a good school
3. What does Violet decide they must do in order to get to Aunt Josephine?
(a) Go to the police
(b) Find a car
(d) Steal a boat
4. What do the children begin to do while steering the sail boat?
5. What does Captain Sham say Josephine jumping out the window would have been?
(a) Sensible thing
(b) Quickest way for her to go
(c) Easiest option
(d) Most fortunate
Short Answer Questions
1. What message has Klaus been able to get out of Aunt Josephine's letter?
2. What does the narrator say the sound of the Leeches was like?
3. Why does Klaus say the Leeches probably won't show up?
4. What does the narrator say the library room shook like?
5. Where does Captain Sham say that he and Josephine had met while he is telling Mr. Poe the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene when the Baudelaire children first arrive back at Josephine's house in the beginning of Chapter 8.
2. Describe the invention that Violet makes in Chapter 11 and what it does.
3. What is the realization that the children come to after talking with Aunt Josephine in the cave in Chapter 10?
4. What happens to the Baudelaire children when the eat the peppermints?
5. Describe how Aunt Josephine acts when the children first get her into the boat in Chapter 11?
6. Describe how the children sail the boat in Chapter 10.
7. What does Larry the waiter offer the children to eat?
8. What does Captain Sham say to the children when they get into his boat?
9. Describe the scene at the end of Chapter 12 where the Baudelaire children, Captain Sham, and Mr. Poe are having their argument.
10. What does Violet do under the table while they are eating at the restaurant?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)