|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the sound of the Leeches was like?
(a) A low hum
(b) Screetching metal
(d) A vibration
2. What does the narrator say Captain Sham resembled while they were at the restaurant?
(b) Earth worm
3. How do the children free the sailboat from the dock before the creature gets to them?
(a) The rope broke free
(b) Violet had a pair of scissors on her
(c) Sunny bites it
(d) Klaus had kept a letter opener
4. Why does Captain Sham no one will believe Josephine?
(a) Everyone knows she is a nut
(b) She is too scared to tell anyone
(c) She is dead
(d) She is a liar
5. What does Captain Sham say Josephine jumping out the window would have been?
(a) Most fortunate
(b) Sensible thing
(c) Easiest option
(d) Quickest way for her to go
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Baudelaire children goes in after the keys to the sailboat?
2. What does Aunt Josephine NOT tell Captain Sham?
3. What does Josephine say she knew the children were?
4. What wakes up Count Olaf's accomplice?
5. Who comes to rescue the children after seeing the fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the invention that Violet makes in Chapter 11 and what it does.
2. What happens to the Baudelaire children when the eat the peppermints?
3. What happens in Chapter 8 just after the children have found the atlas to tell them where Aunt Josephine is hiding?
4. Describe the scene when the Baudelaire children first arrive back at Josephine's house in the beginning of Chapter 8.
5. What do the children realize after the storm has passed and they are on the lake?
6. What does the narrator explain when Violet says they are going to steal a sailboat?
7. Describe the scene at the end of Chapter 12 where the Baudelaire children, Captain Sham, and Mr. Poe are having their argument.
8. What does Josephine's library look like when Klaus enters in Chapter 8?
9. Describe how the children sail the boat in Chapter 10.
10. Describe the scene in Chapter 11 when the Leeches arrive.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)