|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Violet say she and Sunny didn't take a baking soda bath?
(a) There was no hot water
(b) They decided they look good in hives
(c) Aunt Josephine didn't keep baking soda
(d) The lights went out because of the hurricane
2. Who does Violet tell Klaus they will say they are?
(a) The Jones children
(b) Escaping a lunatic
(c) Lost children looking for home
(d) The Browns
3. What does Violet do while they sail?
(c) Pulls the ropes to catch the wind
(d) Secures Sunny in a life jacket
4. Why does Klaus say the Leeches probably won't show up?
(a) Leeches sleep at night
(b) Bananas don't smell very strong
(c) The hurricane scared them away
(d) They are moving too fast
5. Who comes to rescue the children after seeing the fire?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) The creature
(c) The harbor patrol
(d) Captain Sham
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf's accomplice step on that causes it to fall?
2. When does Mr. Poe say he doesn't drink?
3. What does Josephine do that prompts Captain Sham to push her overboard?
4. What does Klaus explain that he believes Aunt Josephine left in the note?
5. What costume is the waiter wearing at the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Klaus do in Chapter 8 when he enters the library room?
2. What does Violet do under the table while they are eating at the restaurant?
3. What does Josephine's library look like when Klaus enters in Chapter 8?
4. Describe the invention that Violet makes in Chapter 11 and what it does.
5. What happens in Chapter 8 just after the children have found the atlas to tell them where Aunt Josephine is hiding?
6. In the end of Chapter 11 what does the author mean by the phrase 'mixed blessing'?
7. What does Josephine tell the children had happened to her when she decided to run away?
8. What does the narrator explain when Violet says they are going to steal a sailboat?
9. What does Captain Sham say to the children when they get into his boat?
10. Describe how the children sail the boat in Chapter 10.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)