|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Josephine say every few minutes while they are in the boat?
(a) Heavens to Murgatroy
(b) Oh dear
(c) My oh my
(d) Oh no
2. What does Mr. Poe say that Captain Sham will have to do before the children will be put into his care?
(a) Show Mr. Poe his house
(b) Go before a judge
(c) Sign some papers
(d) Put the children into a good school
3. Who is waiting at the dock when the children arrive with Captain Sham?
(a) The creature
(b) The Fickle Ferry captain
(c) Mr. Poe
(d) The police
4. Why does Klaus say the Leeches probably won't show up?
(a) Leeches sleep at night
(b) They are moving too fast
(c) The hurricane scared them away
(d) Bananas don't smell very strong
5. What costume is the waiter wearing at the restaurant?
(c) Mouse with a top hat
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Klaus say rowing won't help?
2. What does Violet realize the message in Aunt Josephine's letter means?
3. What does Josephine do that prompts Captain Sham to push her overboard?
4. Who comes to rescue the children after seeing the fire?
5. What does Aunt Josephine NOT say that she will do in order to disappear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene at the end of Chapter 12 where the Baudelaire children, Captain Sham, and Mr. Poe are having their argument.
2. What do the children think about when Josephine is thrown overboard and they sail away from her.
3. What does Captain Sham say to the children when they get into his boat?
4. Describe the scene when the Baudelaire children first arrive back at Josephine's house in the beginning of Chapter 8.
5. Describe the scene in Chapter 11 when the Leeches arrive.
6. What does the narrator explain when Violet says they are going to steal a sailboat?
7. What does Larry the waiter offer the children to eat?
8. Describe how Aunt Josephine acts when the children first get her into the boat in Chapter 11?
9. What does Violet do under the table while they are eating at the restaurant?
10. What does Captain Sham tell Mr. Poe about him and Josephine in chapter seven while they are eating at the restauarant?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)