|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josephine do that prompts Captain Sham to push her overboard?
(a) Corrects his grammar
(b) Stops him from hurting the children
(c) Sneezes on him
(d) Hugs him
2. What is happening when the Baudelaires leave the restaurant?
(a) It has started raining
(b) The sky has grown dark
(c) There is a parade
(d) The wind is gusting very hard
3. Why does Violet say she and Sunny didn't take a baking soda bath?
(a) They decided they look good in hives
(b) There was no hot water
(c) Aunt Josephine didn't keep baking soda
(d) The lights went out because of the hurricane
4. What does Count Olaf's accomplice step on that causes it to fall?
(a) A slick puddle
(b) Lake atlas
(c) Violet's shoe
(d) Sunny's rattle
5. What does Violet say she is trying to create?
(b) A homemade horn
(c) A Leech repellant
(d) A motor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josephine say she will help the children do after she catches her breath?
2. What does the narrator say there are few sights sadder than?
3. What does Josephine say she knew the children were?
4. What does the narrator say Captain Sham resembled while they were at the restaurant?
5. What is the creature on the docks doing as the Baudelaires sail away.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 11 when the Leeches arrive.
2. In the end of Chapter 11 what does the author mean by the phrase 'mixed blessing'?
3. What does Captain Sham say to the children when they get into his boat?
4. What does Klaus do in Chapter 8 when he enters the library room?
5. How does the creature stop the Baudelaire children after it wakes up?
6. What does Captain Sham tell Mr. Poe about him and Josephine in chapter seven while they are eating at the restauarant?
7. What do the children think about when Josephine is thrown overboard and they sail away from her.
8. Describe how the children sail the boat in Chapter 10.
9. What does Aunt Josephine say when Captain Sham say he is going to thrown her overboard?
10. What does Larry the waiter offer the children to eat?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)