|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus say he had never noticed before?
(a) How smart they are
(b) How much he enjoyed the water
(c) How calming the waves are
(d) How pretty Lake Lachrymose is
2. What do Klaus and Violet tell Mr. Poe that they have to go do?
(a) Save Aunt Josephine
(b) Throw food in the water for the Leeches
(d) Go back to the cave
3. What did the children do when a car passed them as they made their way to the Fickle Ferry?
(a) Hide in the bushes
(b) Lay down in the ditches
(c) Run behind houses
(d) Stick out their thumbs
4. What does Violet do while they sail?
(a) Secures Sunny in a life jacket
(c) Pulls the ropes to catch the wind
5. What does the sign outside the cave say?
(b) No Trespassing
(c) For Sale
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josephine say she will help the children do after she catches her breath?
2. What does Aunt Josephine NOT tell Captain Sham?
3. What does Aunt Josephine tell the children she ate just before they arrived?
4. Why does Klaus say the Leeches probably won't show up?
5. What do the children begin to do while steering the sail boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in which the children look in the window of Captain Sham's sailboat rentals.
2. What does Klaus do in Chapter 8 when he enters the library room?
3. What is the realization that the children come to after talking with Aunt Josephine in the cave in Chapter 10?
4. In the end of Chapter 11 what does the author mean by the phrase 'mixed blessing'?
5. Describe how the children sail the boat in Chapter 10.
6. What does Aunt Josephine say when Captain Sham say he is going to thrown her overboard?
7. What does Violet do under the table while they are eating at the restaurant?
8. Describe the scene at the end of Chapter 12 where the Baudelaire children, Captain Sham, and Mr. Poe are having their argument.
9. What do the children think about when Josephine is thrown overboard and they sail away from her.
10. Describe the scene in Chapter 11 when the Leeches arrive.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)