|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to rescue the children after seeing the fire?
(a) The creature
(b) Captain Sham
(c) The harbor patrol
(d) Mr. Poe
2. What does Mr. Poe say he will have at the restaurant?
3. What does Klaus say the word Ike in Josephine's letter was supposed to be?
4. What does Larry, the waiter, recommend since the occasion is sad?
(a) Shake Your Sillies Out Milk Shakes
(b) Slap Happy Biscuits
(c) Cheer-up cheeseburgers
(d) Happy Meal
5. What does Violet say she is trying to create?
(a) A homemade horn
(b) A motor
(c) A Leech repellant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Poe say that Captain Sham will have to do before the children will be put into his care?
2. What does Violet do while they sail?
3. What is the creature on the docks doing as the Baudelaires sail away.
4. What does Sunny do while her siblings are trying to convince Mr. Poe that Aunt Josephine may still be alive?
5. Who is waiting at the dock when the children arrive with Captain Sham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene at the end of Chapter 12 where the Baudelaire children, Captain Sham, and Mr. Poe are having their argument.
2. What is the realization that the children come to after talking with Aunt Josephine in the cave in Chapter 10?
3. What does Larry the waiter offer the children to eat?
4. What does Josephine's library look like when Klaus enters in Chapter 8?
5. What does Klaus do in Chapter 8 when he enters the library room?
6. Describe how the children sail the boat in Chapter 10.
7. In the end of Chapter 11 what does the author mean by the phrase 'mixed blessing'?
8. What happens in Chapter 8 just after the children have found the atlas to tell them where Aunt Josephine is hiding?
9. Describe how Aunt Josephine acts when the children first get her into the boat in Chapter 11?
10. What does Captain Sham say to the children when they get into his boat?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)