|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Poe say he needs to do in Chapter 6 after discovering that the note was in fact left by Aunt Josephine?
(a) Get Josephine's other afairs in order
(b) Meet with Captain Sham
(c) Take the children home with him
(d) Call the police
2. What does Aunt Josephine say the radiator might do?
(a) Fall through the floor
(c) Catch on fire
(d) Give them cancer
3. Why don't the Baudelaire children eat the candy given to them by Mr. Poe?
(a) They have low blood sugar
(b) It is wet and moldy
(c) They are too sad
(d) They are allergic
4. What does Aunt Josephine say she is eager to try a recipe for?
(a) Cold lime stew
(b) Chilled pesto
(c) Microwavable pizza
(d) Raw tomato and cucumber salad
5. What does Violet tell Klaus he is being while Klaus is going over the note Aunt Josephine left?
(b) A pain in her butt
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf say his new business is?
2. What is Violet's greatest joy in life?
3. What does Sunny suggest might be the plan of Count Olaf?
4. What does Violet say she cannot wait to do?
5. What does Mr. Poe say he hopes isn't getting the best of the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 4 what is the conversation that takes place around the dinner table?
2. Describe the bedroom that Josephine gives the children to stay in.
3. Describe the scene when the Baudelaire children and Aunt Josephine are walking home from the market in Chapter 3?
4. What happens in Chapter 3 when the Baudelaire children are trying to explain to Aunt Josephine that Captain Sham is really Count Olaf?
5. What does Mr. Poe say about the children letting their imaginations run away with them?
6. What does the narrator explain at the end of Chapter 5 in relation to the children crying?
7. Describe the library as it is seen for the first time in Chapter 2.
8. Describe what Klaus says in the beginning of Chapter 5 about the note that Aunt Josephine wrote.
9. What does the narrator explain in Chapter 1 about the children and the adventure that they are about to have?
10. Describe how the town looks as the children drive through it for the first time on their way to Josephine's house.
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)