|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Poe say the children should respect?
(a) Their parents' wishes
(b) Captain Sham
(c) Josephine's will
(d) Their elders
2. What is Violet thinking of inventing something for while they are standing on the dock?
(a) Mr. Poe's car
(b) The Fickle Ferry
(c) The president's bathroom
(d) Violet's suitcase
3. What is Aunt Josephine afraid the door mat could do?
(a) Grow a fungus
(b) Hold deadly bugs
(c) Cause someone to trip
(d) Make the house look ugly
4. What does the narrator say that he can tell the reader?
(a) The worst is yet to come
(b) Aunt Josephine isn't dead
(c) They are in far worse danger than Aunt Josephine
(d) Mr. Poe won't be any help
5. What is Violet sent off in search of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus suggest they do in Chapter 4 but Violet disagrees with it due to past experience?
2. What does Josephine say that the tin cans in the room are for?
3. What does Aunt Josephine say that they should do for Captain Sham?
4. What does Aunt Josephine say that her mother-in-law had in addition to only one eyebrow?
5. What does Violet say she cannot wait to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say about business cards in Chapter 4?
2. Describe the gifts that Aunt Josephine gives the children in Chapter 2?
3. What does the narrator explain in Chapter 1 about the children and the adventure that they are about to have?
4. What does the letter say that the children find on the door from Aunt Josephine?
5. Describe the scene in Chapter 1 when Mr. Poe hands the children the bag of candies.
6. Describe the children and Aunt Josephine's trip to town in Chapter 3.
7. What do the children do after Aunt Josephine sends them to their room in Chapter 4?
8. Why do the children think that Mr. Poe will not be any help to them in the beginning of Chapter 5 after Mr. Poe has been called about Aunt Josephine's death?
9. Describe what Klaus says in the beginning of Chapter 5 about the note that Aunt Josephine wrote.
10. Describe the scene in Chapter 4 where Violet answers the phone.
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)