|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet offer to do to make Josephine feel better about the Telephone?
(a) Throw it out the window
(b) Put in another ground wire
(c) Show her how it works
(d) Built one out of rubber
2. What is Aunt Josephine afraid the door mat could do?
(a) Make the house look ugly
(b) Grow a fungus
(c) Cause someone to trip
(d) Hold deadly bugs
3. What does Aunt Josephine talk about the whole way home?
(a) Captain Sham
(b) Chilled cucumber soup
(d) The children's lack of manners
4. What does Violet see that reminds her of Aunt Josephine and how Aunt Josephine had been afraid of it while they go to answer the door?
(a) The bed covers
(b) The doormat
(c) The radiator
(d) The telephone
5. When does Mr. Poe say the children will be at Captain Sham's house?
(a) Within the hour
(b) Within the next week
(c) That night
(d) As soon as Josephine's affairs are straightened out
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josephine say that the tin cans in the room are for?
2. What does Klaus tell Violet she is being while he is going over the note that Aunt Josephine left?
3. What does Captain Sham hand Josephine?
4. What is Klaus' greatest joy in life?
5. What does Captain Sham say happened to his leg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Chapter six when Klaus looks at Aunt Josephine's suicide note again just before they leave to go meet Captain Sham.
2. What is said in Chapter 6 when Klaus says the note has been forged?
3. Describe the scene in Chapter 4 where Violet answers the phone.
4. What does the narrator say about business cards in Chapter 4?
5. Describe the gifts that Aunt Josephine gives the children in Chapter 2?
6. In the beginning of Chapter 4 what is the conversation that takes place around the dinner table?
7. Describe how the Baudelaire children keep things in perspective in Chapter 3.
8. What does the narrator explain in Chapter 1 about the children and the adventure that they are about to have?
9. What do the children find when they go into the library after finding the note in Chapter 4?
10. What does the letter say that the children find on the door from Aunt Josephine?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)