|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Klaus and Violet tell Mr. Poe that they have to go do?
(a) Throw food in the water for the Leeches
(c) Save Aunt Josephine
(d) Go back to the cave
2. How do the children free the sailboat from the dock before the creature gets to them?
(a) Sunny bites it
(b) Klaus had kept a letter opener
(c) The rope broke free
(d) Violet had a pair of scissors on her
3. What does the narrator say that Count Olaf's accomplice held Sunny up like?
(a) An ice cream cone
(b) A sucker
(c) A prize
(d) A dirty sock
4. What does Josephine say that Count Olaf told her he would do if she didn't give the children over to his care?
(a) Feed her to the leeches
(b) Make her disappear
(c) Drown her in the lake
(d) Force her to use the stove
5. What does Sunny do while her siblings are trying to convince Mr. Poe that Aunt Josephine may still be alive?
(a) Gets into the water
(b) Bites Captain Sham's peg leg
(c) Gets into Mr. Poe's car
(d) Goes over to a sail boat
6. Who does Violet tell Klaus they will say they are?
(a) Lost children looking for home
(b) Escaping a lunatic
(c) The Browns
(d) The Jones children
7. What does Josephine do that prompts Captain Sham to push her overboard?
(a) Sneezes on him
(b) Hugs him
(c) Stops him from hurting the children
(d) Corrects his grammar
8. What does the narrator say the sound of the Leeches was like?
(b) A vibration
(c) Screetching metal
(d) A low hum
9. What does the narrator say Captain Sham resembled while they were at the restaurant?
(d) Earth worm
10. What does Violet do with their coats when they arrive back at Josephine's house?
(a) Throws them in the closet
(b) Drops them on the floor
(c) Blocks the front door with them
(d) Hangs them on the back of the chairs
11. What is Sunny's job on the sailboat?
(a) Shine a light in the right direction
(b) Hold the atlas open to the right page
(c) Steer with the tiller
(d) Bite the ropes that hold the life raft to the sail boat
12. Which of the Baudelaire children goes in after the keys to the sailboat?
(c) All three of them
13. What is happening when the Baudelaires leave the restaurant?
(a) It has started raining
(b) The sky has grown dark
(c) There is a parade
(d) The wind is gusting very hard
14. What does the narrator say the library room shook like?
(b) Belly dancer
(c) Fat on a Christmas ham
15. Due to their swollen tongues, what is the only thing that Klaus and Sunny can say?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus continue to do while they sail across the lake?
2. What does Klaus tell Josephine will be coming to the Cave that frightens her enough to make her agree to leave?
3. Since its hands are full with Sunny and Violet what does the accomplice use to stop Klaus?
4. What happens to Sunny when she eats a peppermint?
5. What does Violet do while they sail?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)