|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sunny when she eats a peppermint?
(a) She breaks out in hives and her tongue swells up
(b) She breaks out into hives
(c) She starts having trouble breathing
(d) Her tongue swells up
2. What does Klaus continue to do while they sail across the lake?
(a) Check the atlas
(b) Check the compass
(c) Look at the life jackets
(d) Secure the ropes
3. Why does Klaus say rowing won't help?
(a) The leeches will eat the oars
(b) Josephine is too scared to row
(c) The leeches are slowing down the oars
(d) The leeches are climbling up the oars
4. What does the narrator say the sound of the Leeches was like?
(a) A vibration
(c) A low hum
(d) Screetching metal
5. What does Larry, the waiter, recommend since the occasion is sad?
(a) Happy Meal
(b) Cheer-up cheeseburgers
(c) Shake Your Sillies Out Milk Shakes
(d) Slap Happy Biscuits
6. What happens when Klaus kicks at a leech that managed to get into the boat?
(a) It flies into Josephine's lap
(b) It latches onto his shoe
(c) It splatters
(d) It crawls up his leg
7. Why do the children say Aunt Josephine has a chance?
(a) She is away from the Leeches
(b) She is a strong swimmer
(c) There are other boats out on the lake
(d) There is a buoy near by
8. What message has Klaus been able to get out of Aunt Josephine's letter?
(a) Curdled Cave
(c) Ike's home
(d) Captain Sham's Boat
9. Who comes to rescue the children after seeing the fire?
(a) The creature
(b) Captain Sham
(c) Mr. Poe
(d) The harbor patrol
10. Where does Captain Sham say that he and Josephine had met while he is telling Mr. Poe the story?
(a) At the Lake
(b) Cooking school
(c) While at a theater
(d) In the grocery store
11. What do the children begin to do while steering the sail boat?
12. What does Captain Sham say he thought had happened to the children?
(a) Ran away
(b) Gotten lost on the way home
(c) Went to the hospital for their allergies
(d) Fell off the cliff with the house
13. What does the narrator say the library room shook like?
(a) Belly dancer
(b) Fat on a Christmas ham
14. What does the narrator say that Count Olaf's accomplice held Sunny up like?
(a) A prize
(b) A dirty sock
(c) An ice cream cone
(d) A sucker
15. What does Violet do while they sail?
(a) Pulls the ropes to catch the wind
(d) Secures Sunny in a life jacket
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Sham say Josephine jumping out the window would have been?
2. What does Aunt Josephine ask the children not to do?
3. What is Sunny's job on the sailboat?
4. What do the leeches do when they become frustrated?
5. What does Aunt Josephine NOT say that she will do in order to disappear?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)