|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus say the word Ike in Josephine's letter was supposed to be?
2. What does the narrator say the library room shook like?
(c) Belly dancer
(d) Fat on a Christmas ham
3. Due to their swollen tongues, what is the only thing that Klaus and Sunny can say?
4. Why do the children say Aunt Josephine has a chance?
(a) There is a buoy near by
(b) She is away from the Leeches
(c) There are other boats out on the lake
(d) She is a strong swimmer
5. What does Violet need from Josephine to make her invention work?
(b) Bobby pins
(c) Hair net
6. What does Captain Sham say Josephine jumping out the window would have been?
(a) Easiest option
(b) Sensible thing
(c) Quickest way for her to go
(d) Most fortunate
7. What does the narrator say Captain Sham resembled while they were at the restaurant?
(d) Earth worm
8. What does Aunt Josephine ask the children not to do?
(a) Let her drown
(b) Underestimate the Leeches
(c) Leave her behind
(d) Throw her overboard
9. What does the narrator say the sound of the Leeches was like?
(a) Screetching metal
(b) A low hum
(c) A vibration
10. What does Klaus tell Josephine will be coming to the Cave that frightens her enough to make her agree to leave?
(d) Captain Sham
11. What does Violet do while they sail?
(a) Pulls the ropes to catch the wind
(b) Secures Sunny in a life jacket
12. What does Aunt Josephine NOT say that she will do in order to disappear?
(a) Wear colored contact lenses
(b) Dye her hair
(c) Change her name
(d) Get plastic surgery
13. What does Josephine say that Count Olaf told her he would do if she didn't give the children over to his care?
(a) Force her to use the stove
(b) Drown her in the lake
(c) Feed her to the leeches
(d) Make her disappear
14. Why does Captain Sham no one will believe Josephine?
(a) Everyone knows she is a nut
(b) She is a liar
(c) She is too scared to tell anyone
(d) She is dead
15. What does Violet do to help her hives?
(a) Baking soda bath
(b) Calamine lotion
(c) Vinegar rub
(d) Take a nap
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf's accomplice pick Violet up by?
2. What does Aunt Josephine NOT tell Captain Sham?
3. What does Violet do with their coats when they arrive back at Josephine's house?
4. What does Sunny do while her siblings are trying to convince Mr. Poe that Aunt Josephine may still be alive?
5. What does Larry, the waiter, recommend since the occasion is sad?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)