|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Sham say the Baudelaire children will be in just a few short hours
(a) In his clutches
(b) On their way to Peru
(c) Lost at sea
(d) The Sham children
2. Since its hands are full with Sunny and Violet what does the accomplice use to stop Klaus?
(a) Lays on Klaus
(b) Sits on Klaus
(c) Holds Klaus in his mouth
(d) Steps on Klaus' foot
3. What color light do the children see at dark?
(b) Bright white
4. What do the leeches do when they become frustrated?
(a) Ram the boat
(b) Begin bitting small holes in the hull
(c) Attacking the tiller
5. What does Aunt Josephine tell the children she ate just before they arrived?
(b) Fruit cocktail
6. Why does Klaus say rowing won't help?
(a) Josephine is too scared to row
(b) The leeches will eat the oars
(c) The leeches are slowing down the oars
(d) The leeches are climbling up the oars
7. What is happening when the Baudelaires leave the restaurant?
(a) The sky has grown dark
(b) It has started raining
(c) There is a parade
(d) The wind is gusting very hard
8. What does the narrator say there are few sights sadder than?
(a) A hurricane coming
(b) A swollen tongue
(c) Ruined books
(d) A wet sofa
9. What fancy word does Klaus say that Aunt Josephine misspelled?
10. What does Violet do with their coats when they arrive back at Josephine's house?
(a) Hangs them on the back of the chairs
(b) Blocks the front door with them
(c) Throws them in the closet
(d) Drops them on the floor
11. What is the creature on the docks doing as the Baudelaires sail away.
(a) Going into the shack
(b) Still trying to get up
(d) Shaking its fist in the air
12. What does Aunt Josephine ask the children not to do?
(a) Leave her behind
(b) Throw her overboard
(c) Let her drown
(d) Underestimate the Leeches
13. What does Josephine say she knew the children were?
14. What does Violet say she thinks that she and her siblings should do?
(a) Go to the hospital
(b) Sue the restaurant
(c) Got a doctor
(d) Go home and lie down
15. What does Larry, the waiter, recommend since the occasion is sad?
(a) Slap Happy Biscuits
(b) Shake Your Sillies Out Milk Shakes
(c) Cheer-up cheeseburgers
(d) Happy Meal
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet realize the message in Aunt Josephine's letter means?
2. Why do the children say Aunt Josephine has a chance?
3. What does the narrator say the library room shook like?
4. What does the sign outside the cave say?
5. What does Count Olaf's accomplice pick Violet up by?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)