|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Josephine afraid the sofa will do?
(a) Swallow someone
(b) Fall on someone
(c) Completely throw off the feng-shui
(d) Break through the floor
2. What does Captain Sham say happened to his leg?
(a) It got blown off in the war
(b) He fell under a boat propeller
(c) He lost a bet
(d) Lachrymose Leeches ate it
3. What is Josephine afraid the telephone holds a threat off?
(a) Finger cramping
(d) Brain cancer
4. What does Josephine say that Violet is for answering the door?
5. What does Klaus say they will do rather than live with Captain Sham?
(a) Go back to the bank
(b) Join the circus
(c) Go to the orphanage
(d) Run away
6. What does Aunt Josephine have covering the stove and oven in the kitchen for safety?
(a) White sheets
(c) Steel cages
7. What does the narrator say he had to escape with the cards he had made up?
(a) An enemy's castle
(b) A foreign country
(c) The clutches of Count Olaf
(d) From a bad marriage
8. What do the children have for dinner with Aunt Josephine in the beginning of Chapter 3 when the children are trying to keep things in perspective?
(a) Stale muffins
(b) Orange juice and untoasted bread
(c) Cold oatmeal
(d) Dry creal and water
9. What is Violet sent off in search of?
10. What is Josephine afraid will happen if the doorknobs are touched?
(a) They will shatter
(b) You will get a blister
(c) You will sprain your wrist
(d) The door will fall on you
11. What does Aunt Josephine say is what has kept her looking youthful?
(a) Not having any children
(b) A love for gammar
(c) Being cautious about all things
(d) Living by the lake
12. What does the narrator say that he can tell the reader?
(a) Mr. Poe won't be any help
(b) The worst is yet to come
(c) Aunt Josephine isn't dead
(d) They are in far worse danger than Aunt Josephine
13. What does Captain Sham hand Josephine?
(a) A cucumber
(b) His business card
(c) His address
(d) His phone number
14. What would happen to Violet if she ate Mr. Poe's candy?
(a) Begin to have trouble breathing
(b) Break out into hives
15. What do the Baudelaire children feel as they walk home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children have for dinner their first night in Josephine's house?
2. What does Aunt Josephine say she will have to teach Sunny?
3. What does Josephine say that Ike, her dead husband, could do?
4. Where does Mr. Poe say they are meeting Captain Sham?
5. What is Violet's greatest joy in life?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)