|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children have for breakfast with Aunt Josephine in the beginning of Chapter 3 when the children are trying to keep things in perspective?
(a) Stale muffins
(b) Dry cereal and water
(c) Cold oatmeal
(d) Orange juice and untoasted bread
2. What does Mr. Poe NOT say about the note left by Josephine?
(a) It is shocking
(b) It is legal
(c) It is her last will and testament
(d) It should be taken to a lawyer
3. Where are the Baudelaire orphans at the very beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. Poe's car
(b) At a police station
(c) In bed
(d) Damocles Dock
4. What does Sunny suggest might be the plan of Count Olaf?
(a) Hidding them in the boat
(b) Using them for fishing bait
(c) Marrying Josephine for the money
(d) Putting Leeches in their bed
5. What does Josephine say that Ike, her dead husband, could do?
(a) Keep his eyes open while sneezing
(b) Skip backwards
(c) Pat his head and rub his stomach
(d) Whistle while eating crackers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Poe say even the most intelligent people in the world often need the help of?
2. What does Violet suggest they use as a sample of Aunt Josephine's handwriting?
3. What does Aunt Josephine say the radiator might do?
4. What would happen to Violet if she ate Mr. Poe's candy?
5. What does Klaus tell Violet she could do with the note?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)