|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Sham say happened to his leg?
(a) He fell under a boat propeller
(b) Lachrymose Leeches ate it
(c) It got blown off in the war
(d) He lost a bet
2. What does Mr. Poe tell the children Aunt Josephina has recently lost?
(a) Her son
(b) Her husband
(c) Her daughter
(d) Her dog
3. What color is the front door of Josephine's house?
4. Why does Mr. Poe tell the children that he can't go with them to Josephine's house?
(a) He has an appointment
(b) He has to take his sons to school
(c) He will be late for work
(d) His wife is waiting for him
5. What does Aunt Josephine say she hopes will happen soon?
(a) Have chilled cucumber soup
(b) Storm pass over
(c) See Captain Sham again
(d) Children move out
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the Baudelaire children eat the candy given to them by Mr. Poe?
2. What does Aunt Josephine say she is eager to try a recipe for?
3. What is Aunt Josephine afraid the sofa will do?
4. What do the children learn has been forecast to hit the lake in a few days?
5. What is Violet thinking of inventing something for while they are standing on the dock?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)