|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Josephine not meet the children on the dock?
(a) She is ill
(b) She didn't have a ride
(c) She had an appointment in town
(d) She is frightened of it
2. Why does Mr. Poe tell the children that he can't go with them to Josephine's house?
(a) He will be late for work
(b) He has an appointment
(c) He has to take his sons to school
(d) His wife is waiting for him
3. What is Josephine afraid will happen if the doorknobs are touched?
(a) You will get a blister
(b) The door will fall on you
(c) You will sprain your wrist
(d) They will shatter
4. What do the children learn has been forecast to hit the lake in a few days?
(c) Hail storm
(d) Flash flood
5. What would happen to Klaus if he ate Mr. Poe's candy?
(a) Nose bleed
(b) Tongue swell up
(c) Face break out
(d) Stomach cramps
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Poe tell the children Aunt Josephina has recently lost?
2. What is Sunny's greatest joy in life?
3. What does Klaus wish Mr. Poe had brought him rather than peppermints?
4. What does Josephine say that Ike, her dead husband, could do?
5. What present does Klaus get from Aunt Josephine?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)