|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet see that reminds her of Aunt Josephine and how Aunt Josephine had been afraid of it while they go to answer the door?
(a) The bed covers
(b) The radiator
(c) The telephone
(d) The doormat
2. What fancy word does Klaus say that Aunt Josephine misspelled?
3. What does the Taxi drive say the children will have to wait for before making friends?
(a) Better weather
(b) Move to a new town
(c) The weekend
(d) Get new clothes
4. What does Klaus say he had never noticed before?
(a) How smart they are
(b) How much he enjoyed the water
(c) How pretty Lake Lachrymose is
(d) How calming the waves are
5. What do the children have for breakfast with Aunt Josephine in the beginning of Chapter 3 when the children are trying to keep things in perspective?
(a) Orange juice and untoasted bread
(b) Stale muffins
(c) Cold oatmeal
(d) Dry cereal and water
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Klaus say rowing won't help?
2. Why does Mr. Poe tell the children that he can't go with them to Josephine's house?
3. What does Aunt Josephine say that her mother-in-law had in addition to only one eyebrow?
4. What does Josephine say that Violet is for answering the door?
5. What does Mr. Poe say that Captain Sham will have to do before the children will be put into his care?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)