|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children learn has been forecast to hit the lake in a few days?
(a) Hail storm
(c) Flash flood
2. What plant does the narrator use as an example to tell about how the Baudelaire children feel in Chapter 5?
(a) Smelly garbage plant
(b) Oak tree
(c) Leechynut tree
(d) Venus fly trap
3. What does Violet see that reminds her of Aunt Josephine and how Aunt Josephine had been afraid of it while they go to answer the door?
(a) The doormat
(b) The radiator
(c) The bed covers
(d) The telephone
4. What does Count Olaf's accomplice pick Violet up by?
(a) Her shirt
(b) Her arm
(c) Her neck
(d) Her hair
5. What does Mr. Poe say even the most intelligent people in the world often need the help of?
(a) A lawyer
(b) A banker
(c) A policeman
(d) A handwritting analysist
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Violet tell Klaus they will say they are?
2. What fancy word does Klaus say that Aunt Josephine misspelled?
3. What books does Violet say they need in order to find out what Josephine meant by the message left hidden in her note?
4. What does the narrator say there are few sights sadder than?
5. What does Aunt Josephine talk about the whole way home?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)