• The Baudelaire children are sitting at the docks on their way to meet their new guardian.
• Their new guardian lost her husband to the Leeches in the Lake.
• Mr. Poe gives the children a bag of candies they are allergic to.
• The children arrive at the rickety looking house and meet their new guardian.
• Aunt Josephine is their new guardian and has many irrational fears.
• The children are shown to their rooms and given toys of their very own.
• Aunt Josephine makes them a cold dinner since she is afraid of the stove.
• Aunt Josephine talks about her husband, Ike, and how he died.
• The Baudelaires and Josephine go into town for groceries.
• Violet goes off to get cucumbers and runs into Count Olaf, disguised and introducing himself as Captain Sham.
• Aunt Josephine meets Captain Sham and thinks him to be a very nice man...
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)