|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guinevere scared of?
2. In this time of war, where does Arthur send Mordred?
3. As Mordred works alongside Bedwyr, what does he learn about him?
4. In this section, where does the author direct the attention of the reader?
5. Mordred and Cedric are confused. How do they try to remedy the situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mordred travel to Merlin's home town?
2. As Mordred takes control of the Round Table, who also helps him?
3. What causes confusion between all the characters during the last part of the book?
4. What is revealed about Agravain's personality while Mordred gets to know his half brother better?
5. What news does a mail carrier bring at the beginning of Chapter 5?
6. Why do the twins track down and kill Lamorak?
7. What is the gossip surrounding the court about Guinevere and Bedwyr?
8. Why must Mordred and Bedwyr go after Princess Elen?
9. Unfortunately for Arthur, what news does he hear while injured?
10. What does Arthur begin to question when he learns his son and wife have betrayed them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Gawain's legacy to his half brother Mordred. You may use outside references to learn about Gawain and Mordred's historical legacies.
First, compare their historical legacies, then compare their legacies from the Wicked Day?
Essay Topic 2
Magic and mysticism are heavily prevalent in Celtic culture.
How does Stewart successfully weave her tale and include elements of Celtic mysticism?
Compare mysticism in Celtic and Roman culture are they at all similar?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the theme of Freedom and how it pertains to the following characters:
- Queen Morgause
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)