|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does war begin with Rome?
2. What does this chapter do to the climax of the book?
3. What does Bedwyr serve as when Arthur is away?
4. Who does Mordred meet with to enforce an alliance with the West Saxtons?
5. What is Nimue certain that cannot be changed?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Mordred takes control of the Round Table, who also helps him?
2. What does Arthur begin to question when he learns his son and wife have betrayed them?
3. When Gaheris catches his mother in her lover's arms, how does he react?
4. Who discovers Mordred and why does he insist that Mordred must come back to Camelot?
5. Why do the twins track down and kill Lamorak?
6. Why does Mordred travel to Merlin's home town?
7. Why doesn't Mordred think Gawain should go as a part of the peace envoy?
8. Why does Mordred promise Guinevere a place at his side?
9. Although the Orkney princes return to the castle, are they trusted by the king?
10. Why must Mordred and Bedwyr go after Princess Elen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Magic and mysticism are heavily prevalent in Celtic culture.
How does Stewart successfully weave her tale and include elements of Celtic mysticism?
Compare mysticism in Celtic and Roman culture are they at all similar?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how half siblings Arthur and Morgause are literary foils.
How are they alike and how are they similar?
What are their individual ideals?
How do they both try to shape Mordred into what they think is the person he should be?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Gawain's legacy to his half brother Mordred. You may use outside references to learn about Gawain and Mordred's historical legacies.
First, compare their historical legacies, then compare their legacies from the Wicked Day?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)