|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distances Mordred from the Orkney princes?
2. As Mordred attempts to protect Bedwyr and Guinevere, what happens?
3. Which brother is brought back to Camelot by Arthur?
4. Why is Mordred excited about this proposition?
5. Why doesn't anyone know Arthur is still alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Mordred comes back to Camelot, what changes is he informed of?
2. What is Mordred called by Arthur's army and why?
3. Why does Mordred promise Guinevere a place at his side?
4. Unfortunately for Arthur, what news does he hear while injured?
5. Why does Arthur choose Mordred to accompany him on the trip to meet the Saxons?
6. What causes confusion between all the characters during the last part of the book?
7. When Gaheris catches his mother in her lover's arms, how does he react?
8. Why does Arthur take away Gaheris' banishment?
9. Why do the twins track down and kill Lamorak?
10. What is revealed about Agravain's personality while Mordred gets to know his half brother better?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Gawain's legacy to his half brother Mordred. You may use outside references to learn about Gawain and Mordred's historical legacies.
First, compare their historical legacies, then compare their legacies from the Wicked Day?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Guinevere's feelings for the following men:
Compare her feelings for each man.
Why does Guinevere choose to return to her convent, rather than choose between the three men?
Is it because she loves them all equally?
Essay Topic 3
How is Queen Morgause ultimately responsible for her own death?
If so, how does she create the situation for herself to find trouble?
If not, do you think it is all of her sons' faults?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)