|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has prevented ships from getting to England?
2. Who does Mordred meet with to enforce an alliance with the West Saxtons?
3. Why doesn't anyone know Arthur is still alive?
4. Who does Arthur arrange a meeting with to discuss a merger?
5. What is Mordred unsure of regarding Gawain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has redeemed himself in Arthur's eye?
2. Why does Mordred travel to Merlin's home town?
3. What is the gossip surrounding the court about Guinevere and Bedwyr?
4. Why doesn't Mordred think Gawain should go as a part of the peace envoy?
5. What does Arthur begin to question when he learns his son and wife have betrayed them?
6. Why does Arthur choose Mordred to accompany him on the trip to meet the Saxons?
7. Why must Mordred and Bedwyr go after Princess Elen?
8. Before Arthur leaves, what do he and Mordred discuss?
9. Why does war break out with Rome?
10. Why does Mordred decide to flee Camelot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Guinevere's feelings for the following men:
Compare her feelings for each man.
Why does Guinevere choose to return to her convent, rather than choose between the three men?
Is it because she loves them all equally?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the theme of Freedom and how it pertains to the following characters:
- Queen Morgause
Essay Topic 3
Compare Gawain's legacy to his half brother Mordred. You may use outside references to learn about Gawain and Mordred's historical legacies.
First, compare their historical legacies, then compare their legacies from the Wicked Day?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)