|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all of the Orkney princes slowly become at Camelot?
2. At the end of Chapter 15, why does Morgause's kiss become more confusing to Mordred?
3. How are Queen Morguase and King Arthur related?
4. Why do Morgause's princes assume that Arthur has sent for them?
5. Who does Morgause realize that Arthur wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mordred seek freedom like the wildcat he tries to release?
2. Why is Queen Morgan allowed to act in whatever manner she deems necessary?
3. How does the Queen feel when she heard that Merlin has died? Who contacts her so that they can plan the demise of Arthur?
4. When the Ornkey princes and their mother arrive at Camelot, why aren't they allowed to enter into the kingdom?
5. What does Mordred overhear that makes him continue to question Queen Morgause's true nature?
6. What does Mordred feel upon his return home to Brude and Sula?
7. Why does Mordred think that Morgause is lying about her treatment at the convent?
8. What does Queen Morgasue reveal to Mordred on his first visit to her castle?
9. What do the Orkney princes question as all the brothers and Queen Morgause leave for Camelot?
10. What shocking action does the Queen perform in Chapter 9? What does this tell Mordred about the Queen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Besides Mordred, what other character struggles to fit in because of their unclear status?
Is this character's struggle similar to Mordred's?
Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe 3 times where Mordred's status is threatened.
Does this happen because Mordred is illegitimate or because Mordred he does not correctly defend himself and his title?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Gawain's legacy to his half brother Mordred. You may use outside references to learn about Gawain and Mordred's historical legacies.
First, compare their historical legacies, then compare their legacies from the Wicked Day?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)