|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Gawain and Mordred now friends?
2. What does Morgause plan to bring to her half brother?
3. What does Nimue have?
4. How are the brothers treated when they arrive at Camelot?
5. Who demands a meeting with Arthur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mordred introduced to the Orkney princes and Queen Morgause?
2. What do Mordred's fights with the twins come to signify?
3. What does Mordred feel upon his return home to Brude and Sula?
4. What does Mordred overhear that makes him continue to question Queen Morgause's true nature?
5. What does Arthur promise to Mordred?
6. What does Queen Morgasue reveal to Mordred on his first visit to her castle?
7. What is Arthur looking for when the guards bring Mordred in to see him?
8. When the Ornkey princes and their mother arrive at Camelot, why aren't they allowed to enter into the kingdom?
9. Why is Mordred fearful once he has killed Gabran?
10. Where does the ship stop before continuing onto Camelot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the influence of the Roman empire over the Celts.
How did Arthur come to rule over all the King's of Briton?
Lastly, what does the threat of Roman rule signify for Arthurian culture?
Essay Topic 2
Besides Mordred, what other character struggles to fit in because of their unclear status?
Is this character's struggle similar to Mordred's?
Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Morgan to her sister, Queen Morgause.
How are the sisters the same?
How do they both plot the downfall of Arthur?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)