|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgause plan to bring to her half brother?
2. What is interesting about Mordred's new status?
3. What does Nimue have?
4. What do the two witch sisters feel toward their brother?
5. To test Mordred, what does Morgause have him do in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mordred think that he must watch what he says around Morgause's sons?
2. What is Arthur looking for when the guards bring Mordred in to see him?
3. Why is Morgause sent to a convent instead of back to the islands?
4. Who is rumored to have replaced the great and powerful Merlin in King Arthur's court?
5. When the Orkney princes are reunited with their mother, how do they act?
6. What does Mordred feel upon his return home to Brude and Sula?
7. How do Brude and Sula like raising Mordred and what do they suspect concerning his origins?
8. Where does the ship stop before continuing onto Camelot?
9. What does Mordred slowly begin to understand about his place as King Lot's bastard?
10. What do Mordred's fights with the twins come to signify?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe 3 times where Mordred's status is threatened.
Does this happen because Mordred is illegitimate or because Mordred he does not correctly defend himself and his title?
Essay Topic 2
1. Name the four Orkney princes.
2. Next, Describe each prince.
3. Pick two princes and then compare them to one another. How do these two compete for their mother's affections?
Essay Topic 3
How is Queen Morgause ultimately responsible for her own death?
If so, how does she create the situation for herself to find trouble?
If not, do you think it is all of her sons' faults?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)