|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the brothers treated when they arrive at Camelot?
(a) Turned politely away.
(b) Rudely, and forced to go home.
(c) Forced to sleep with commoners.
(d) Asked to wait two towns over.
2. Who alerts the guards of Mordred's escape attempt?
3. What does Mordred think will happen to him?
(a) He will be put to death or imprisoned.
(b) His mother will kill him.
(c) Arthur will forgive him.
(d) He will kill himself.
4. Why do Morgause's princes assume that Arthur has sent for them?
(a) They will claim inheritances and become Knights of the Round Table.
(b) They will claim land inheritances.
(c) They will claim they are Arthur's son.
(d) They can claim their places as Knights of the Round Table.
5. Who does Morgause realize that Arthur wants?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mordred kill Gabran?
2. What do Chapters 8-9 foreshadow?
3. What type of people are the twins turning into?
4. What does Mordred wonder if he can be?
5. Queen Morgause says she had a ___________ prior to the news Mordred brings her.
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Orkney princes are reunited with their mother, how do they act?
2. Why is Queen Morgan allowed to act in whatever manner she deems necessary?
3. Why does Mordred seek freedom like the wildcat he tries to release?
4. As the rest of the court learns that Mordred is the son of King Arthur, how do they act toward Mordred?
5. What does Mordred feel upon his return home to Brude and Sula?
6. When Arthur reveals that Morgasue is Mordred's mother, how does Mordred react?
7. What shocking action does the Queen perform in Chapter 9? What does this tell Mordred about the Queen?
8. Why is Mordred fearful once he has killed Gabran?
9. What is Arthur looking for when the guards bring Mordred in to see him?
10. What does Mordred overhear that makes him continue to question Queen Morgause's true nature?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)