|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur promise Mordred in Chapter 15?
(a) Arthur will kill Morgause.
(b) He will take care of his son.
(c) Mordred will be made regent.
(d) He will call him legitimate.
2. How does Mordred currently feel about his mother?
(a) He feels resentment towards her.
(b) He wishes she loved him more.
(c) He loves her still.
(d) He cannot see her manipulations.
3. How are Queen Morguase and King Arthur related?
(a) King Arthur is the Queen's uncle.
(b) They are half siblings.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are dear friends.
4. In Chapter 14, where is Queen Morgause sent by Arthur?
(a) Back to the islands.
(b) A prison.
(c) A convent.
(d) The Camelot dungeons.
5. As she tells Mordred the story of his birth and childhood, who does Queen Morguase lead Mordred to believe his father is?
(c) King Lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 15 ends, why are the two men excited and happy?
2. After Queen Morgause is finished her story, what does Mordred believe about himself?
3. What type of people are the twins turning into?
4. What is revealed about Arthur's supposed slaughtering of infants during Morgan and Morgause's meeting?
5. What does Mordred wonder if he can be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mordred introduced to the Orkney princes and Queen Morgause?
2. How do Brude and Sula like raising Mordred and what do they suspect concerning his origins?
3. Where does the ship stop before continuing onto Camelot?
4. Why does Mordred seek freedom like the wildcat he tries to release?
5. Why does Mordred think that Morgause is lying about her treatment at the convent?
6. When Arthur reveals that he is the father of Mordred, how does Mordred react?
7. What does Arthur promise to Mordred?
8. When Arthur reveals that Morgasue is Mordred's mother, how does Mordred react?
9. How does the Queen feel when she heard that Merlin has died? Who contacts her so that they can plan the demise of Arthur?
10. Why is Morgause sent to a convent instead of back to the islands?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)