|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Morgause suddenly become scared of Mordred?
(a) Mordred kills her son, Gawain.
(b) He treatens her.
(c) Mordred hits her.
(d) She thinks he may have developed some of her powers.
2. How does Queen Morguase plan to use Mordred once she meets him?
(a) She will use him to regain access to Arthur.
(b) To love him as a son.
(c) She wants him to be a teacher so he can teach the people of the village.
(d) Have him become a servant.
3. What rumor do Brude and Sula discuss as the book begins?
(a) The Queen's lies to them about Mordred's temperament.
(b) The change in Mordred's appearance.
(c) Merlin's death.
(d) Arthur's demise.
4. When Mordred threatens Morgause, how does she react?
(a) She reminds him she is a powerful witch.
(b) She finds her son more appealing.
(c) She shrinks away from her son.
(d) She is more attracted to her son.
5. Who demands a meeting with Arthur?
(d) Queen Morgause.
Short Answer Questions
1. How have Arthur's guards made it impossible for Mordred to escape?
2. Who does Sula believe are Mordred's real parents?
3. What did Gabran admit his lover, Morgause, did before dying?
4. What does Arthur promise Mordred in Chapter 15?
5. What do all of the Orkney princes slowly become at Camelot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mordred kill Gabran?
2. Who has come to love Morgause and how were they able to meet her while she was in seclusion?
3. Why does Mordred seek freedom like the wildcat he tries to release?
4. Why does Mordred think that he must watch what he says around Morgause's sons?
5. Why is Mordred fearful once he has killed Gabran?
6. When the Orkney princes are reunited with their mother, how do they act?
7. Why is Morgause sent to a convent instead of back to the islands?
8. Where does the ship stop before continuing onto Camelot?
9. When Arthur reveals that he is the father of Mordred, how does Mordred react?
10. What is Arthur looking for when the guards bring Mordred in to see him?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)