|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Mordred become more valuable to the Queen at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He is a good son.
(b) Queen Guinevere cannot have an heir.
(c) Mordred has secret powers.
(d) Mordred is incredibly smart.
2. Now that his foster family has been taken away from him, what does Mordred realize about his future?
(a) He must work hard to fit in.
(b) He is glad he is no longer of meager beginnings.
(c) He has no future.
(d) It is uncertain because of his illegitimate status.
3. Why does Morgause suddenly become scared of Mordred?
(a) He treatens her.
(b) Mordred kills her son, Gawain.
(c) She thinks he may have developed some of her powers.
(d) Mordred hits her.
4. What is Mordred surprised to see in Chapter 13?
(a) How many soldiers Arthur has.
(b) To see how much he looks like Arthur.
(c) How ugly Camelot is.
(d) To see the High King come unaccompanied.
5. Where is Mordred brought after he kills Gabran?
(a) Sent back to the islands.
(b) To his mother.
(c) To Arthur.
(d) To the dungeons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the men sad for their mother?
2. Why do Morgause's princes assume that Arthur has sent for them?
3. As Mordred begins his life as a prince, what does he learn to do?
4. Although they are sad to see their mother go, how do the boys feel about their new lives without her?
5. Where is the traveler's next stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Ornkey princes and their mother arrive at Camelot, why aren't they allowed to enter into the kingdom?
2. What does Mordred slowly begin to understand about his place as King Lot's bastard?
3. What shocking action does the Queen perform in Chapter 9? What does this tell Mordred about the Queen?
4. Why is Morgause sent to a convent instead of back to the islands?
5. What does Arthur promise to Mordred?
6. When the Orkney princes are reunited with their mother, how do they act?
7. Why does Mordred think that Morgause is lying about her treatment at the convent?
8. What do the Orkney princes question as all the brothers and Queen Morgause leave for Camelot?
9. Why is Mordred fearful once he has killed Gabran?
10. Why does Mordred seek freedom like the wildcat he tries to release?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)