|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mordred unconcerned with at the end of this section?
(a) The prophecy.
(b) Rumors about Bedwyr and Guinevere.
(c) His own fate.
(d) His father's affections for him.
2. How does Arthur feel about his son's possible betrayal?
(a) Sad and confused.
3. How does the feud between Lamorak at the Orkney princes intensify?
(a) Lamorak threatens Orkney.
(b) By the twins rushing to the north to kill Lamorak.
(c) Lamorak's family threatens the Orkney princes.
(d) Arthur threatens both parties.
4. While Arthur recovers, who is at his side?
5. How many soldiers accompany Arthur, Mordred, and Agravain on their travels to meet the Britons?
6. In this section, where does the author direct the attention of the reader?
(a) Guinevere's beauty.
(b) Back to historical facts.
(c) The relationship of Arthur and Mordred.
(d) To the fictional story line.
7. What has prevented ships from getting to England?
(a) A ship accident involving many boats.
(b) Roman ships.
(c) The death of the Roman Emperor.
(d) The weather.
8. As the chapter ends, what does Mordred believe of Arthur and Guinevere?
(a) They will come for him.
(b) He no longer wants to be in Camelot.
(c) They are not truly his friends.
(d) Arthur is hunting him and Guinevere did not stand up for him.
9. As Mordred hears his brothers say bad things about the king and queen, he realizes he is completely loyal to Arthur and ________.
(a) In love with Guinevere.
(b) Feared Guinevere.
(c) Angry with Guinevere.
(d) Wanted Guinevere dead.
10. Why is Mordred excited about this proposition?
(a) Wants to please his father.
(b) He wants to serve as king and spend more time with Guinevere.
(c) He is greedy for power.
(d) He hates traveling.
11. How have Morgause's sons harmed Arthur's kingdom and life?
(a) Taught Arthur to be too accepting.
(b) Distracting Arthur.
(c) Arthur actually loved the princes.
(d) They have poisoned Arthur's minds and actions, and caused a lot of war.
12. What has happened to Bedwyr?
(a) Decided to start a family away from Camelot.
(b) He was sent Saxton.
(c) He was sent to Brittany.
(d) He was killed by Gawain.
13. Although this chapter presents the state of the kingdom, the Princess Elen story line is ____________.
(b) Giving a lot of detail.
(c) Easy to follow.
(d) Very necessary.
14. What news does this person give Mordred?
(a) The King knows that Mordred was defending the queen.
(b) The King wants to kills Mordred.
(c) The Queen desperately misses Mordred.
(d) Queen Morgan is looking for him.
15. What does Arthur refuse to discuss with his son, Mordred?
(a) Arthur's affair with another woman.
(b) How much he misses Merlin.
(c) The relationship between Guinevere and Bedwyr.
(d) His love of Bedyr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which brother is brought back to Camelot by Arthur?
2. Which brother helps Mordred to escape Camelot?
3. After Mordred is invited back to Camelot, what does he learn of the Romans?
4. Chapters 5-6 in Book III begin ______________________.
5. What is Mordred unsure of regarding Gawain?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)