|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mordred gain while living here?
(a) A castle.
(b) A couple servants.
(d) A wife and family.
2. After Mordred is invited back to Camelot, what does he learn of the Romans?
(a) They are again interested in Britain.
(b) They wish to kill Arthur.
(c) They want advice from Arthur.
(d) They are vicious and resilient.
3. As the chapter ends, what does Mordred believe of Arthur and Guinevere?
(a) They are not truly his friends.
(b) He no longer wants to be in Camelot.
(c) They will come for him.
(d) Arthur is hunting him and Guinevere did not stand up for him.
4. What does Cedric claim when Mordred visits him to discuss the war?
(a) Cedric wishes to marry Guinevere to create an alliance.
(b) The treaty is void.
(c) He cannot believe that Arthur is dead.
(d) He does not think Mordred will come to his aide.
5. In Chapter 9, because Mordred is too late to stop them, who do the twins kill?
6. At the end of the chapter, what has changed about the great King Arthur?
(a) His wishes to find a true son.
(b) He questions his desire for peace.
(c) He feels defeated.
(d) His quest for war.
7. Who of the brothers die during the fight?
(a) Gawain and Agravain.
(b) Agravain and Gabe.
(c) Gawain and Gareth.
(d) Agravain and Gareth.
8. While war wages on, how does Mordred busy himself?
(a) Pillaging the neighboring villages.
(b) Spending all of Camelot's money.
(c) Killing Arthur's people.
(d) By running the kingdom.
9. When Mordred returns home, what is missing?
(a) Guinevere disappeared.
(b) The castle has been ravaged.
(c) There has been no envoy to tell him Arthur is alive.
(d) Arthur's ring.
10. What is Guinevere scared of?
(a) What will happen to her if Arthur dies.
(b) The brutality of the Romans.
(c) How to get back to her convent.
(d) Mordred's affection for her.
11. Who is against having the Orkney princes back to the Camelot castle?
12. Chapters 5-6 in Book III begin ______________________.
(a) Guinevere's treachery.
(b) A series of good events.
(c) A long line of miscommunications between Mordred and Arthur.
(d) Arthur's hatred of Mordred.
13. Before Arthur leaves, what do he and Mordred discuss?
(a) What should happen in the event of Arthur's death.
(b) Bedwyr's succession of Arthur.
(c) How Mordred should run the Kingdom.
(d) Guinevere's future.
14. Who do Arthur and Mordred send to Rome as a peace envoy?
(a) Only Gawain.
(b) Valerius and Bors.
(d) Valerius, Bors, and Gawain.
15. How does war begin with Rome?
(a) Arthur threatens the Roman ruler.
(b) Mordred tells Gawain to create war.
(c) Gawain has an affair with a Roman general's daughter.
(d) Gawain becomes angry and kills a Roman solider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mordred promise Guinevere if Arthur is killed?
2. What does this chapter do to the climax of the book?
3. Who does Arthur arrange a meeting with to discuss a merger?
4. What has Agravain become obsessed with?
5. Who begins bad-mouthing Arthur?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)