|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins bad-mouthing Arthur?
2. Before Arthur leaves, what do he and Mordred discuss?
(a) Bedwyr's succession of Arthur.
(b) What should happen in the event of Arthur's death.
(c) Guinevere's future.
(d) How Mordred should run the Kingdom.
3. What happened to Gaheris as a result of killing this person?
(a) He is banished.
(b) He flees before he can be given punishment.
(c) He is sentenced to death.
(d) He is put in jail.
4. What has prevented ships from getting to England?
(a) A ship accident involving many boats.
(b) The death of the Roman Emperor.
(c) The weather.
(d) Roman ships.
5. What sends Gaheris into a rage?
(a) His mother's surroundings.
(b) He finds his mother and Lamorak in bed together.
(c) Seeing Mordred follow him to his mother.
(d) His own personal demons.
6. Who does Mordred learn has died?
(d) Queen Morgan.
7. How does war begin with Rome?
(a) Gawain becomes angry and kills a Roman solider.
(b) Mordred tells Gawain to create war.
(c) Arthur threatens the Roman ruler.
(d) Gawain has an affair with a Roman general's daughter.
8. While Arthur recovers, who is at his side?
9. Why doesn't anyone know Arthur is still alive?
(a) They want to surprise Mordred.
(b) No one can sail, there have been bad storms.
(c) The messenger was killed before getting to Bedwyr.
(d) Everyone hopes he is dead so they don't check.
10. What seems to be the author's purpose in this section?
(a) Show Arthur as weak.
(b) Show Mordred as a traitor.
(c) To justify Mordred's action in taking over.
(d) To clarify what really happened.
11. What is the state of Arthur's Companions (Knights of the Round Table)?
12. As Mordred and Arthur arrive in Brittany, what horrible event has happened?
(a) A rapist has taken Princess Elen.
(b) An Earthquake has killed a village.
(c) Queen Morgan has killed herself.
(d) Famine has killed many people.
13. Why is Mordred concerned about his half brothers being back at court?
(a) The brothers hate Arthur.
(b) His half brothers are very disrespectful.
(c) Lamorak will be returning to court soon. This may cause drama.
(d) Mordred's half brothers will not respect Mordred.
14. Who does Arthur arrange a meeting with to discuss a merger?
(a) King Cedric.
(b) Duke Constantine.
(c) King Seder.
(d) King Hoel.
15. What do the two tribes discuss during their meetings?
(a) Making a treaty.
(b) Being friends.
(c) Creating a new kingdom together.
(d) Establishing peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mordred now believed to be a traitor?
2. Will Mordred act how Arthur wishes?
3. Why is Mordred excited about this proposition?
4. Although not loved by the Orkney princes, who is Mordred in good standing with?
5. When Mordred returns home, what is missing?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)