|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mordred try to visit Nimue?
(a) Guinevere has sent him.
(b) To see if she will discuss the prophecy with him.
(c) He is on an errand for Arthur.
(d) To proposition her.
2. What is Nimue certain that cannot be changed?
(b) Her visions.
(c) The prophecy.
(d) Mordred's feelings.
3. Who does Nimue insist she is?
(c) All knowing being.
(d) The devil.
4. When Mordred arrives, who is he surprised to see?
(a) A witch.
(b) His mother, Queen Morgause.
(c) King Arthur's Army.
(d) Bedwyr and Gawain.
5. Why does Mordred travel to the Southern coast?
(a) To see his ex-wife.
(b) To check on his territory.
(c) War has broken out there. He is obligated to go by the treaty.
(d) For a change in climate.
6. How have Morgause's sons harmed Arthur's kingdom and life?
(a) Taught Arthur to be too accepting.
(b) Distracting Arthur.
(c) Arthur actually loved the princes.
(d) They have poisoned Arthur's minds and actions, and caused a lot of war.
7. What has Agravain become obsessed with?
(a) Arthur and Mordred.
(b) Arthur's inability to love him.
(c) Bedwyr and Guinevere's supposed relationship.
(d) Mordred's love for Guinevere.
8. What do the two tribes discuss during their meetings?
(a) Being friends.
(b) Creating a new kingdom together.
(c) Making a treaty.
(d) Establishing peace.
9. Before Arthur leaves, what do he and Mordred discuss?
(a) Bedwyr's succession of Arthur.
(b) How Mordred should run the Kingdom.
(c) Guinevere's future.
(d) What should happen in the event of Arthur's death.
10. Who does Arthur arrange a meeting with to discuss a merger?
(a) King Hoel.
(b) Duke Constantine.
(c) King Cedric.
(d) King Seder.
11. Where does Mordred decide to go to forget about Camelot and the people there?
(b) Ireland, to discover his roots.
(c) The islands of his childhood.
(d) France, a new place.
12. When do the Young Celts (the brothers) decide to attack Guinevere and Bedwyr?
(a) During a birthday party.
(b) While they discuss a letter.
(c) At a ball.
(d) When everyone is sleeping.
13. Although this chapter presents the state of the kingdom, the Princess Elen story line is ____________.
(b) Very necessary.
(c) Easy to follow.
(d) Giving a lot of detail.
14. How has Morgause's influence ruined Arthur's life?
(a) She poisoned Merlin and robbed Arthur of his guidance.
(b) Mordred was born.
(c) Made Arthur blood thirsty.
(d) Put sad thoughts in Arthur's had.
15. Who discovers Mordred in his new home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Arthur's Companions (Knights of the Round Table)?
2. Mordred and Cedric are confused. How do they try to remedy the situation?
3. How does the feud between Lamorak at the Orkney princes intensify?
4. Who does Gaheris kill in a frenzy?
5. Why is Mordred now believed to be a traitor?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)