|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mordred begin to believe concerning Nimue's advice concerning the prophecy?
(a) Mordred should leave right away.
(b) The prophecy will come true no matter what.
(c) Nimue does not have all the skills of Merlin.
(d) It is best to wait and see what the future brings.
2. How many soldiers accompany Arthur, Mordred, and Agravain on their travels to meet the Britons?
3. How does war begin with Rome?
(a) Mordred tells Gawain to create war.
(b) Gawain becomes angry and kills a Roman solider.
(c) Gawain has an affair with a Roman general's daughter.
(d) Arthur threatens the Roman ruler.
4. Why is Mordred now believed to be a traitor?
(a) Author's men see him with Cedric's army.
(b) He threatens Arthur in front of everyone.
(c) He shows off his relationship with Guinevere.
(d) He has sworn allegiance to Cedric.
5. Why does Mordred travel to the Southern coast?
(a) To see his ex-wife.
(b) War has broken out there. He is obligated to go by the treaty.
(c) For a change in climate.
(d) To check on his territory.
6. Who does Arthur propose an alliance with in this section?
(a) The Saxons.
(b) The Franks.
(c) The Romans.
7. Luckily for the king, who recovers from his wounds?
8. What has prevented ships from getting to England?
(a) Roman ships.
(b) The weather.
(c) A ship accident involving many boats.
(d) The death of the Roman Emperor.
9. Why do Mordred and Arthur think that Gawain and Gareth have gone to the north?
(a) To get a change of weather.
(b) To meet Cedric.
(c) To seek revenge against Lamorak.
(d) They want to see Arthur.
10. What does Mordred promise Guinevere if Arthur is killed?
(a) He will send her to a convent.
(b) He will send Bedwyr for her.
(c) He will protect her and make her queen.
(d) He will protect her children.
11. Who begins bad-mouthing Arthur?
12. Who of the brothers die during the fight?
(a) Gawain and Gareth.
(b) Agravain and Gareth.
(c) Gawain and Agravain.
(d) Agravain and Gabe.
13. Who discovers Mordred in his new home?
14. What does this chapter do to the climax of the book?
(a) Helps to build tension.
(b) Creates a new story line.
(c) Creates strange tension.
(d) Decreases the building tension.
15. Will Mordred act how Arthur wishes?
(a) Yes, but may be clouded by love for Guinevere.
(b) Yes, only because he loves his father.
(c) No, he wants nothing to do with Arthur.
(d) No, he wants the whole kingdom to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this time of war, where does Arthur send Mordred?
2. Why does Mordred try to visit Nimue?
3. What is Guinevere scared of?
4. What sends Gaheris into a rage?
5. Although not loved by the Orkney princes, who is Mordred in good standing with?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)