|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arthur continue to respect Queen Guinevere?
(a) He asks her to adopt Mordred.
(b) He will not openly call Mordred his son.
(c) Tells her about Mordred's existence.
(d) Consults her on whether or not he should claim Mordred.
2. Where does the group stay while waiting for Arthur's notice to take them to Camelot?
(a) Outside Camelot.
(b) In a tent.
(c) At a convent.
(d) King Melwas' castle.
3. What does Mordred notice about his mother's new home?
(a) She has hidden expensive furnishings for her son's visits.
(b) Parts of the building might collapse.
(c) Her convent is very far away.
(d) It is an awful dwelling.
4. What type of people are the twins turning into?
(a) Violent and impulsive.
(c) Sweet and knightly.
(d) Helpful and smart.
5. How are Queen Morguase and King Arthur related?
(a) They are half siblings.
(b) King Arthur is the Queen's uncle.
(c) They are dear friends.
(d) They are cousins.
6. How does Arthur feel toward Mordred?
(a) Nervous about the prophecy.
(b) Proud of how his son turned out.
(c) Sad that he is Morgause's son too.
(d) Confused because this could be his downfall.
7. Before Mordred can get to the "ailing" Morgause, who has arrived at the convent?
8. Why is it difficult for Mordred to sleep at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) He has the gout.
(b) He needs no light where he sleeps.
(c) He now lives at the castle with his half brothers.
(d) He feels bad for leaving his family.
9. Where is Mordred brought after he kills Gabran?
(a) To his mother.
(b) Sent back to the islands.
(c) To the dungeons.
(d) To Arthur.
10. Which of Morgause's actions in Chapter 9 shock Mordred?
(a) Morgause tells Mordred he must leave Camelot forever.
(b) She cuts off all her hair.
(c) She tells Mordred the truth.
(d) Morgause kisses Mordred.
11. Why does Morgause suddenly become scared of Mordred?
(a) Mordred kills her son, Gawain.
(b) She thinks he may have developed some of her powers.
(c) Mordred hits her.
(d) He treatens her.
12. What does Arthur promise Mordred in Chapter 15?
(a) He will take care of his son.
(b) Arthur will kill Morgause.
(c) He will call him legitimate.
(d) Mordred will be made regent.
13. As the illegitimate son of King Lot, what did Mordred think he was entitled to?
(a) Some of Lot's land.
(b) To be called a prince.
(c) To be treated like a brother.
14. Why does Mordred kill Gabran?
(a) Gabran insults Arthur.
(b) Gabran insults his mother.
(c) He learns Gabran set his foster parents' house on fire.
(d) He tried to kill Arthur.
15. When attempting to visit Sula and Brude, what does Mordred witness?
(a) Sula was killed by Brude.
(b) They have died of disease.
(c) They have left him to live somewhere else.
(d) Their house has caught on fire and they are surely dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Arthur's character depicted in the novel?
2. Why was Mordred sent to Brude and Sula (or what were they told by the Queen)?
3. Concerning Arthur, what is Queen Morgause unsure of?
4. Who does Morgause realize that Arthur wants?
5. What stops Arthur and King Urbgen from causing Queen Morgan harm?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)