|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are all the Orkney princes aware of?
(a) Tension and turmoil in the castle.
(b) A new life they will lead.
(c) Gabran's seedy presence.
(d) Their mother's attraction to Mordred.
2. Who sends Gawain to bring Mordred back to the castle to be thanked?
(a) King Lot.
(b) Queen Morgause.
(c) King Arthur.
3. Concerning Arthur, what is Queen Morgause unsure of?
(a) If he has developed special powers.
(b) Her powers and what Arthur knows.
(c) Whether or not he knows about Mordred.
(d) If he still loves her.
4. Why are the men sad for their mother?
(a) They miss her dearly.
(b) Her harsh, stark surroundings at the convent.
(c) She seems sad and lonely.
(d) She has fallen into a depression.
5. What does Arthur promise Mordred in Chapter 15?
(a) He will call him legitimate.
(b) Arthur will kill Morgause.
(c) Mordred will be made regent.
(d) He will take care of his son.
6. How do the two men commiserate and connect with one another?
(a) Over Morgause's manipulations.
(b) Their hate of the Orkney princes.
(c) How they have missed one another.
(d) Over their love for Camelot.
7. To test Mordred, what does Morgause have him do in Chapter 9?
(a) Touch her in appropriately.
(b) Has him stare into a pool of water in her conjuring room.
(c) Makes him kill a large animal.
(d) Give her a massage.
8. What is Rheged?
(a) A Medieval disease.
(b) A place Mordred goes to be calm.
(c) King Urbgen and Queen Morgan's home.
(d) An island in Mordred's home town.
9. Where is the traveler's next stop?
(a) Welsh country.
10. When Morgause announces her sons will go to King Arthur, how does she seem?
11. Where is Mordred brought after he kills Gabran?
(a) To the dungeons.
(b) Sent back to the islands.
(c) To his mother.
(d) To Arthur.
12. How does Mordred currently feel about his mother?
(a) He wishes she loved him more.
(b) He loves her still.
(c) He feels resentment towards her.
(d) He cannot see her manipulations.
13. Who demands a meeting with Arthur?
(b) Queen Morgause.
14. What surprising information does Mordred get from Arthur?
(a) Queen Guinevere is Mordred's mother.
(b) Bedwyr is Mordred's father.
(c) Merlin never made a prophecy.
(d) Arthur is Mordred's son.
15. Who does Morgause realize that Arthur wants?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the group stay while waiting for Arthur's notice to take them to Camelot?
2. What news does the Royal ship bring in Chapter 8?
3. Queen Morgause says she had a ___________ prior to the news Mordred brings her.
4. Who falls in love with Morgause?
5. Why do the twins respect Mordred?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)