|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When attempting to visit Sula and Brude, what does Mordred witness?
(a) They have died of disease.
(b) Their house has caught on fire and they are surely dead.
(c) They have left him to live somewhere else.
(d) Sula was killed by Brude.
2. Why was Mordred sent to Brude and Sula (or what were they told by the Queen)?
(a) King Lot wanted nothing to do with the boy.
(b) The Queen's enemies were Merlin and King Arthur.
(c) Mordred has a lethal disease.
(d) She could not raise him with her other children.
3. Who does Sula believe are Mordred's real parents?
(a) Queen Morguase and King Arthur.
(b) Queen Morguase and King Lot.
(c) Queen Morgan and King Lot.
(d) Queen Morgan and King Arthur.
4. What do Chapters 8-9 foreshadow?
(a) Merlin's evilness.
(b) The chapters show Morgause getting closer to her son.
(c) The chapters are heavy with impending change.
(d) Mordred's death.
5. What are the twins eager to do?
(a) Be with their mother.
(b) Find wives.
(c) Fight in a war.
(d) Become men.
6. How do the two men commiserate and connect with one another?
(a) How they have missed one another.
(b) Their hate of the Orkney princes.
(c) Over their love for Camelot.
(d) Over Morgause's manipulations.
7. What do the two witch sisters feel toward their brother?
(b) Kindred spirits, always connected.
8. What did Gabran admit his lover, Morgause, did before dying?
(a) Asked Garban to set the house on fire.
(b) Begged him not to set the fire.
(c) Told him to kindnap the foster parents and hold them hostage.
(d) Told him to murder the foster parents in cold blood.
9. Who are the princes put in the care of?
10. Why does Mordred kill Gabran?
(a) Gabran insults Arthur.
(b) He tried to kill Arthur.
(c) Gabran insults his mother.
(d) He learns Gabran set his foster parents' house on fire.
11. What does Mordred think will happen to him?
(a) His mother will kill him.
(b) He will kill himself.
(c) He will be put to death or imprisoned.
(d) Arthur will forgive him.
12. As Queen Morgause offers her sympathy concerning Morgause's loss, he can tell it is ___________.
(d) Easily given.
13. What rumor do Brude and Sula discuss as the book begins?
(a) Arthur's demise.
(b) The Queen's lies to them about Mordred's temperament.
(c) Merlin's death.
(d) The change in Mordred's appearance.
14. Where is Mordred brought after he kills Gabran?
(a) Sent back to the islands.
(b) To the dungeons.
(c) To Arthur.
(d) To his mother.
15. Why are the men sad for their mother?
(a) Her harsh, stark surroundings at the convent.
(b) She seems sad and lonely.
(c) She has fallen into a depression.
(d) They miss her dearly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although they are sad to see their mother go, how do the boys feel about their new lives without her?
2. Who alerts the guards of Mordred's escape attempt?
3. Now that his foster family has been taken away from him, what does Mordred realize about his future?
4. To test Mordred, what does Morgause have him do in Chapter 9?
5. After meeting the other princes, what does Mordred realize about them and the influence of their mother?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)