|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the two men try to live with and forget?
(a) The Orkney princes' unruliness.
(b) Queen Guinevere.
(c) Morgause's manipulations.
(d) Merlin's prophecy.
2. Where does the group stay while waiting for Arthur's notice to take them to Camelot?
(a) King Melwas' castle.
(b) In a tent.
(c) Outside Camelot.
(d) At a convent.
3. Why was Mordred sent to Brude and Sula (or what were they told by the Queen)?
(a) Mordred has a lethal disease.
(b) The Queen's enemies were Merlin and King Arthur.
(c) She could not raise him with her other children.
(d) King Lot wanted nothing to do with the boy.
4. Now that his foster family has been taken away from him, what does Mordred realize about his future?
(a) It is uncertain because of his illegitimate status.
(b) He is glad he is no longer of meager beginnings.
(c) He must work hard to fit in.
(d) He has no future.
5. What do Chapters 8-9 foreshadow?
(a) Merlin's evilness.
(b) Mordred's death.
(c) The chapters are heavy with impending change.
(d) The chapters show Morgause getting closer to her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. After drinking and gambling for a long time, what has Gabran run out of?
2. What did Gabran admit his lover, Morgause, did before dying?
3. Why does Morgause suddenly become scared of Mordred?
4. When Morgause announces her sons will go to King Arthur, how does she seem?
5. Who sends Gawain to bring Mordred back to the castle to be thanked?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)