|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Mordred to sleep at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) He has the gout.
(b) He now lives at the castle with his half brothers.
(c) He needs no light where he sleeps.
(d) He feels bad for leaving his family.
2. As Mordred begins his life as a prince, what does he learn to do?
(a) Fight and get into scrapes.
(b) To read.
(c) Fight, ride, and establish his place.
(d) Ride a pony.
3. Who does Sula believe are Mordred's real parents?
(a) Queen Morguase and King Arthur.
(b) Queen Morgan and King Arthur.
(c) Queen Morgan and King Lot.
(d) Queen Morguase and King Lot.
4. Who finds Mordred at Sula and Brude's house and brings him back to the castle?
5. To test Mordred, what does Morgause have him do in Chapter 9?
(a) Touch her in appropriately.
(b) Give her a massage.
(c) Has him stare into a pool of water in her conjuring room.
(d) Makes him kill a large animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Queen Morgause says she had a ___________ prior to the news Mordred brings her.
2. Why do Morgause's princes assume that Arthur has sent for them?
3. What are the twins eager to do?
4. Why do the other princes begin to resent Mordred?
5. Why was Mordred sent to Brude and Sula (or what were they told by the Queen)?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)