|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Arthur and King Urbgen from causing Queen Morgan harm?
(a) He sexual prowess.
(b) She is extremely threatening.
(c) Her magical powers.
(d) The information she has against Arthur.
2. What does Mordred begin to believe concerning Nimue's advice concerning the prophecy?
(a) It is best to wait and see what the future brings.
(b) The prophecy will come true no matter what.
(c) Mordred should leave right away.
(d) Nimue does not have all the skills of Merlin.
3. As time goes on, what does Mordred wonder about his place at the castle?
(a) If he will inherit anything as the bastard son of King Lot.
(b) If he will be pushed out.
(c) If he should be at the castle at all.
(d) Whether or not Morgause will ever love him.
4. Why is it difficult for Mordred to sleep at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) He needs no light where he sleeps.
(b) He has the gout.
(c) He feels bad for leaving his family.
(d) He now lives at the castle with his half brothers.
5. How is Arthur's character depicted in the novel?
(a) Scared and meek.
(b) Corrupt and fat.
(c) A mean king.
(d) As a kind and fair person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mordred kill Gabran?
2. When Mordred decides to fight the twins for a place to sleep, what does he earn?
3. Where does the group stay while waiting for Arthur's notice to take them to Camelot?
4. What do the two witch sisters feel toward their brother?
5. How does the feud between Lamorak at the Orkney princes intensify?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)