Prologue, Book I, Chapters 1-4
1. What rumor do Brude and Sula discuss as the book begins?
(a) Arthur's demise.
(b) The Queen's lies to them about Mordred's temperament.
(c) The change in Mordred's appearance.
(d) Merlin's death.
2. Why was Mordred sent to Brude and Sula (or what were they told by the Queen)?
(a) The Queen's enemies were Merlin and King Arthur.
(b) She could not raise him with her other children.
(c) King Lot wanted nothing to do with the boy.
(d) Mordred has a lethal disease.
3. Who does Sula believe are Mordred's real parents?
(a) Queen Morgan and King Arthur.
(b) Queen Morguase and King Lot.
(c) Queen Morguase and King Arthur.
(d) Queen Morgan and King Lot.
4. How are Queen Morguase and King Arthur related?
(a) King Arthur is the Queen's uncle.
(b) They are dear friends.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are half siblings.
5. Who does Mordred save from falling off the cliffs near his home?
This section contains 4,880 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)