Prologue, Book I, Chapters 1-4
• The story begins with Mordred living with his two foster parents, Sula and Brude.
• Sula thinks that Mordred is the son of Queen Morgause and King Arthur, not King Lot.
• Mordred sees a boy playing on the cliffs. The boy gets stuck and Mordred helps him from the cliff.
• The boy turns out to be Gawain, Queen Moraguse's son.
• The Queen calls on Mordred so that she may thank him.
• She tells Mordred that he is the bastard son of King Lot.
• She gives him gifts and trinkets and tells him to come live at the castle.
• Mordred unwillingly returns home.
Book I, Chapters 5-7
• Mordred tries to find himself around the other princes. He feels left out because he is a bastard.
• Mordred goes home to see his foster parents, but discovers that his foster parents have died in a house fire...
This section contains 1,607 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)