|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After how long inside the hotel does Mr. Ashok return to the car with the politicians in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) 23 minutes.
(b) 1 and 1/2 hours.
(c) 42 minutes.
(d) 12 minutes.
2. Why does Balram say he "will never envy the rich of America or England" in "The Fifth Night"?
(a) Because their taxes are too high.
(b) Because there is no natural beauty in those countries.
(c) Because they have no servants there.
(d) Because their women are not attractive.
3. How much money did Balram pay for a deposit at his hotel room by the train station in Bangalore after arriving in "The Seventh Night"?
(a) 200 rupees.
(b) 500 rupees.
(c) 100 rupees.
(d) 1,000 rupees.
4. How much money is in the envelope that Pinky Madam gives to Balram at the airport?
(a) 10,000 rupees.
(b) 4,700 rupees.
(c) 50,000 rupees.
(d) 470 rupees.
5. Why do the drivers laugh at Balram in the end of "The Fifth Night"?
(a) Because he wrecked the car.
(b) Because he fell down.
(c) Because he is meditating.
(d) Because he is talking to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first way listed for "the enterprising driver" to earn a little extra cash in Belram's sidebar in “The Sixth Night”?
2. How much money per month does Belram describe the delivery rickshaw driver making in "The Fifth Night"?
3. What is the name of the taxi company that Balram establishes in "The Seventh Night"?
4. How long does it take Balram to reach the railway station after killing Mr. Ashok?
5. What is the name of "one of Delhi's most famous private hospitals" where the Stork is taken in "The Fifth Night"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the author's imagery of the Rooster Coop in the novel?
2. What is signficant about the events with the minister's assistant and Mr. Ashok in "The Sixth Morning"?
3. What is significant about Balram's breaking the liquor bottle in "The Sixth Night"?
4. What symbolism can be seen in the train station in the end of "The Sixth Night"?
5. What does Balram remark about the potential for civil war in India in the conclusion of "The Sixth Morning"?
6. What is the significance of the color red in The White Tiger?
7. How does Balram manage to collect enough money for a blonde prostitute in "The Sixth Night"?
8. What decision has Balram made at the train station in the end of "The Sixth Night"?
9. What is significant about the imagery of Gandhi in "The Seventh Night"?
10. How are the themes of servitude and entrepreneurship illustrated in "The Seventh Night"?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)