|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the magazine seller say has got guns and built an army at the PVR Saket in “The Sixth Morning”?
(a) The Aditis.
(b) The Vedes.
(c) The Naxals.
(d) The Ushas.
2. What actress is the Russian prostitute said to look like in “The Sixth Morning”?
(a) Angelina Jolie.
(b) Kim Basinger.
(c) Bette Davis.
(d) Geena Davis.
3. What is the first way listed for "the enterprising driver" to earn a little extra cash in Belram's sidebar in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) Killing one's master.
(b) Siphoning petrol to sell it.
(c) Going to a corrupt mechanic.
(d) Turning his master's car into a taxi.
4. What letter is displayed on the motel where Balram takes Mr. Ashock and the Ukranian prostitute in “The Sixth Morning”?
5. When does Vijay say that Mr. Ashok will be giving him money while Balram is driving the politicians in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) On Thursday.
(b) On Friday.
(c) On Tuesday.
(d) On Monday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the hotel that the diseased driver takes Balram to for the prostitute in “The Sixth Night”?
2. What room does the hotel manager take Balram to for the prostitute in “The Sixth Night”?
3. How long after Pinky Madam's departure has it been when Mukesh Sir asks Mr. Ashok if they should find another girl in “The Sixth Night”?
4. What does Balram place on Mr. Ashock's body after killing him?
5. How many taxi drivers does Balram say his company now has in "The Seventh Night"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the rupees that Mr. Ashok gives to Balram in "The Sixth Night"?
2. What is signified by the envelope left to Balram by Pinky Madam?
3. What does Balram remark about the potential for civil war in India in the conclusion of "The Sixth Morning"?
4. What is significant about Balram's breaking the liquor bottle in "The Sixth Night"?
5. How does Balram manage to collect enough money for a blonde prostitute in "The Sixth Night"?
6. What are examples of foreshadowing seen in "The Fifth Night"?
7. What plot developments take place in the first section of "The Sixth Morning"?
8. What is significant about the imagery of Gandhi in "The Seventh Night"?
9. How are the themes of servitude and entrepreneurship illustrated in "The Seventh Night"?
10. What is signficant about the events with the minister's assistant and Mr. Ashok in "The Sixth Morning"?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)