|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the schoolteacher that has written the letter that is delivered to Balram in "The Fifth Night"?
(a) Ram Persad.
(d) Mr. Krishna.
2. At what time does Balram conclude his letter in "The Fifth Night"?
(a) 1:32 a.m.
(b) 4:12 a.m.
(c) 12:45 a.m.
(d) 2:44 a.m.
3. How much money is in the envelope that Pinky Madam gives to Balram at the airport?
(a) 10,000 rupees.
(b) 470 rupees.
(c) 4,700 rupees.
(d) 50,000 rupees.
4. How does Dharam explain the bruises on his face when he meets Mr. Ashok in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) He says he was robbed on the train.
(b) He says that Balram hit him.
(c) He says he fell off the bus.
(d) He says he was hit by a taxi.
5. How much does the food cost at the tea shop that Balram orders for Mr. Ashok in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) 10 rupees.
(b) 25 rupees.
(c) 50 rupees.
(d) 100 rupees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry does Balram decide to become involved in once he's gotten to Bangalore in "The Seventh Night"?
2. What does Balram drop on the floor of his room and order Dharam to pick up in “The Sixth Night”?
3. Until what age does the diseased driver say a driver is good until in “The Sixth Morning”?
4. What is the fourth way listed in Belram's sidebar for an enterprising driver to make extra money in “The Sixth Night”?
5. Why does Balram say he "will never envy the rich of America or England" in "The Fifth Night"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter symbolize that Balram writes home in the end of "The Sixth Night"?
2. What does the murder of Mr. Ashok represent thematically in The White Tiger?
3. What is significant about the author's imagery of the Rooster Coop in the novel?
4. What is significant about the imagery of Gandhi in "The Seventh Night"?
5. What symbolism can be seen in the train station in the end of "The Sixth Night"?
6. What causes the conflict to erupt when Balram is with the prostitute in "The Sixth Night"?
7. What is the significance of the color red in The White Tiger?
8. Whom does Balram discover waiting for him when he returns to the apartment in "The Sixth Night"? Why?
9. What plot developments take place in the first section of "The Sixth Morning"?
10. What is signficant about the events with the minister's assistant and Mr. Ashok in "The Sixth Morning"?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)