|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many taxi drivers does Balram say his company now has in "The Seventh Night"?
2. How long after Pinky Madam's departure has it been when Mukesh Sir asks Mr. Ashok if they should find another girl in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 months.
3. What does the word "emancipation" mean in "The Fifth Night"?
4. How does Balram ultimately kill Mr. Ashok in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) He slits his throat.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He runs him over with the car.
(d) He drowns him.
5. How much money does Balram give to Dharam when he is summoned to drive Mr. Ashok in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) 20 rupees.
(b) 10 rupees.
(c) 5 rupees.
(d) 30 rupees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal gets into Balram's bed and terrifies him in “The Sixth Night”?
2. When does Vijay say that Mr. Ashok will be giving him money while Balram is driving the politicians in “The Sixth Night”?
3. How much money does Mr. Ashok withdraw from the banks to hand over to the politicians in “The Sixth Night”?
4. What industry does Balram decide to become involved in once he's gotten to Bangalore in "The Seventh Night"?
5. How much money did Balram pay for a deposit at his hotel room by the train station in Bangalore after arriving in "The Seventh Night"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pinky Madam's departure influence the plot of the story?
2. What does Balram learn about the woman that Mr. Ashok has brought home from the hotel in "The Sixth Morning"?
3. What is signified by the envelope left to Balram by Pinky Madam?
4. How are the themes of servitude and entrepreneurship illustrated in "The Seventh Night"?
5. What is significant about Balram's breaking the liquor bottle in "The Sixth Night"?
6. What happens to the rupees that Mr. Ashok gives to Balram in "The Sixth Night"?
7. How does the murder of Mr. Ashock contribute to the narrative plot in The White Tiger?
8. What does Mr. Ashok reveal to Balram when he returns home after seeing the prostitute in "The Sixth Night"?
9. What are examples of foreshadowing seen in "The Fifth Night"?
10. What does Balram remark about the potential for civil war in India in the conclusion of "The Sixth Morning"?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)