|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the minister's assistant say it costs to sleep with the Russian prostitute in “The Sixth Morning”?
(a) 50,000 rupees.
(b) 30,000 rupees.
(c) 10,000 rupees.
(d) 20,000 rupees.
2. To what hotel does Mr. Ashok have Balram drive him in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) The Sheraton Hotel.
(b) The Majestic Hotel.
(c) The Imperial Hotel.
(d) The Tehran Hotel.
3. What room does the hotel manager take Balram to for the prostitute in “The Sixth Night”?
4. Where has the diseased driver's master gone to get an expensive toupee in “The Sixth Night”?
(b) The U.S.
5. When does Vijay say that Mr. Ashok will be giving him money while Balram is driving the politicians in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) On Tuesday.
(b) On Thursday.
(c) On Monday.
(d) On Friday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Balram become enraged about the prostitute in “The Sixth Night”?
2. Why does Balram leave the train station in the end of “The Sixth Night”?
3. Who is Dharam's mother?
4. What hotel does Mr. Ashok have Belram drive him to after departing the mall in “The Sixth Morning”?
5. What is the name of the former lover that Mr. Ashok has brought home with him in “The Sixth Morning”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Balram remark about Dharam in "The Seventh Night"? What does this indicate?
2. What is signficant about the events with the minister's assistant and Mr. Ashok in "The Sixth Morning"?
3. How does the murder of Mr. Ashock contribute to the narrative plot in The White Tiger?
4. What does Balram remark about the potential for civil war in India in the conclusion of "The Sixth Morning"?
5. What is significant about the author's imagery of the Rooster Coop in the novel?
6. What does the letter symbolize that Balram writes home in the end of "The Sixth Night"?
7. What are examples of foreshadowing seen in "The Fifth Night"?
8. What imagery does Balram describe seeing about him in the city in "The Sixth Night," and what is its significance?
9. What happens to the rupees that Mr. Ashok gives to Balram in "The Sixth Night"?
10. What causes the conflict to erupt when Balram is with the prostitute in "The Sixth Night"?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)