|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what floor do Mr. Ashok and Pinky Madam live in Delhi?
(a) The 42nd floor.
(b) The 29th floor.
(c) The 13th floor.
(d) The 20th floor.
2. What is the name of the Premier to whom the letter is addressed in "The First Night"?
(a) Tang Shaoyi.
(b) Wen Jiabao.
(c) Zhao Bingjun.
(d) Duan Qirui.
3. What is the Great Socialist's party's symbol?
(a) An eye with a tear coming from the corner.
(b) A circle with a line through it.
(c) A pair of hands breaking through handcuffs.
(d) A cross being held by a raised fist.
4. In the conclusion of his letter in “The Fourth Night,” Balram writes, "Yes, that's right: we all live in the world's greatest" what?
5. Where do Ashok and Pinky Madam go to eat after their fight on her birthday in “The Fourth Night”?
(b) T.G.I. Friday's.
(c) The Olive Garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Balram describe going for his master when he is given the statement to sign in “The Fourth Night”?
2. At what time does Balram sign off in his letter "The Second Night"?
3. Who is the primary driver when Balram begins working for the Stork's family?
4. What time does Balram say it is when he concludes his letter in “The Fourth Night”?
5. What is the name of Mr. Ashok's uncle who has lunch with him in "The Second Night"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Balram describe the history and evolution of caste system in India in "The Second Night"?
2. What occurs as Pinky Madam drives the car home on her birthday in "The Fourth Night"?
3. Where is Bangalore located? What is the significance of this setting in The White Tiger?
4. How does Balram describe his feelings for Mr. Ashok in the opening of his letter in "The Second Night"?
5. What incident does Balram describe occurring when a man in his village attempted to vote against corruption in "The Fourth Morning"?
6. What is significant about Balram's poetic allusions in "The Second Night"?
7. What is significant about the references to "Murder Weekly" in the novel?
8. Who are the Four Landlords? What conflict does Balram describe involving these characters in "The Fourth Morning"?
9. What traits or attributes of Balram's character are revealed in "The Second Night"?
10. What internal conflicts does Balram face in the end of "The Fourth Night"?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)