|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the bloody cloth found on the car after the child has been run over in “The Fourth Night”?
2. Balram writes in “The Fourth Morning,” that if he were making a country he would obtain what first?
(a) Sewage pipes.
(b) A solid government.
(d) Proper roads.
3. Who is the advocate for the Delhi High Court that has signed Balram's statement in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) Chamandas Varma.
(d) Zhao Bingjun.
4. For how long does Ram Bahadur say Mr. Ashok and Pinky Madam will be staying in Delhi in “The Fourth Morning”?
(a) For 1 year.
(b) For 3 months.
(c) For 1 month.
(d) For 2 weeks.
5. What are the names of the two pomeranians in the Stork's household?
(a) Muffin and Snuggles.
(b) Cuddles and Puddles.
(c) Max and Mary.
(d) Jack and Polly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Balram the statement to sign in “The Fourth Night”?
2. What color headbands do the supporters of the Great Socialist wear?
3. To what hospital did Balram and his brother take their father as he was dying?
4. How much do the "Murder Weekly" magazines sell for?
5. What number does Balram describe as one that Muslims think is a magic number that represents their god in "The First Night"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the reference to the Gandhi statue in "The Fourth Night"?
2. What is the significance of the t-shirt that Balram purchases in "The Fourth Night"?
3. How does Balram describe the history and evolution of caste system in India in "The Second Night"?
4. What internal conflicts does Balram face in the end of "The Fourth Night"?
5. How do the events of Pinky Madam's birthday begin in "The Fourth Night"?
6. What occurs as Pinky Madam drives the car home on her birthday in "The Fourth Night"?
7. Describe the narrative timelines in The White Tiger. When does the main story take place?
8. What does Balram remark about his chandeliers in "The Fourth Night"? Why is this significant?
9. How does Balram describe his feelings for Mr. Ashok in the opening of his letter in "The Second Night"?
10. What is the significance of the move from Dhanbad to New Delhi for Balram in "The Fourth Morning"?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)