|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Balram describe as "the three main diseases of this country" in “The Fourth Morning”?
(a) Tuberculosis, maleria, and hunger.
(b) Typhoid, cholera, and election fever.
(c) Television, cancer, and tuberculosis.
(d) Poverty, corruption, and politics.
2. What is the name of the political party the four landlords have formed in “The Fourth Morning”?
(a) All India Social Progressive Front.
(b) All India Republic Front.
(c) All India Communist Party Front.
(d) All India Democratic Front.
3. How much do the "Murder Weekly" magazines sell for?
(a) 4.50 rupees.
(b) 6 rupees.
(c) 1.50 rupees.
(d) 2 rupees.
4. What book does Balram describe reading about China's history from in "The First Night"?
(a) The Good Earth.
(b) Dream of the Red Chamber.
(c) Journey to the East.
(d) Exciting Tales of the Exotic East.
5. Who is the former bus conductor that has joined the political arena in “The Fourth Morning”?
(c) Balram Halwai.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mukesh Sir order Balram to search for on the floor of the car in “The Fourth Night”?
2. What type of garland does Mr. Ashok present when the Great Socialist visits in “The Fourth Morning”?
3. Where is the Premier's Office described in the opening of the letter in "The First Night"?
4. How much money does Ram Bahadur ask for from Balram as a bribe to convince Mr. Ashok to take Balram to Delhi in “The Fourth Morning”?
5. What Hindu goddess does Balram describe in a white sari with gold sovereigns dripping to her feet in "The First Night"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the events of Pinky Madam's birthday begin in "The Fourth Night"?
2. Who does Balram refer to as "the diseased driver" in the narrative? Where does he meet this character?
3. What traits or attributes of Balram's character are revealed in "The Second Night"?
4. How does Balram describe the history and evolution of caste system in India in "The Second Night"?
5. What does Balram realize during his visit to his family in Laxmangarh in "The Second Night"?
6. How would you describe Balram's impressions of politics in India in "The Fourth Morning"?
7. What is significant about Balram's poetic allusions in "The Second Night"?
8. What is the significance of the t-shirt that Balram purchases in "The Fourth Night"?
9. Where is Bangalore located? What is the significance of this setting in The White Tiger?
10. What motifs are introduced by the author in "The First Night"?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)