|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Premier to whom the letter is addressed in "The First Night"?
(a) Tang Shaoyi.
(b) Duan Qirui.
(c) Wen Jiabao.
(d) Zhao Bingjun.
2. What are the names of the two pomeranians in the Stork's household?
(a) Muffin and Snuggles.
(b) Max and Mary.
(c) Cuddles and Puddles.
(d) Jack and Polly.
3. Who gives Balram the statement to sign in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) Ram Persad.
(b) Mukesh Sir.
(c) Pinky Madam.
(d) Mr. Ashok.
4. On what floor do Mr. Ashok and Pinky Madam live in Delhi?
(a) The 42nd floor.
(b) The 29th floor.
(c) The 13th floor.
(d) The 20th floor.
5. Where does Balram describe going for his master when he is given the statement to sign in “The Fourth Night”?
(b) Tihar Jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stated in the statement that Balram is ordered to sign in “The Fourth Night”?
2. How many ring roads does Balram describe in Beijing in “The Fourth Night”?
3. What color is the heavy bag that Balram describes bringing from Delhi to Bangalore in "The First Night"?
4. What secret does Balram discover about Ram Persad in “The Fourth Morning”?
5. What skin disease does Balram describe a fellow driver suffering from in “The Fourth Night”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Balram realize during his visit to his family in Laxmangarh in "The Second Night"?
2. How does Balram compare Mr. Ashok and Mukesh Sir in "The Second Night"?
3. What conflict occurs between Mr. Ashok and Pinky Madam on their return journey Dhanbad in "The Second Night"?
4. What is significant about the reference to the Gandhi statue in "The Fourth Night"?
5. What internal conflicts does Balram face in the end of "The Fourth Night"?
6. How does Balram describe his feelings for Mr. Ashok in the opening of his letter in "The Second Night"?
7. How would you describe Balram's impressions of politics in India in "The Fourth Morning"?
8. How does Balram describe the history and evolution of caste system in India in "The Second Night"?
9. What is significant about Balram's poetic allusions in "The Second Night"?
10. What does Balram remark about his chandeliers in "The Fourth Night"? Why is this significant?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)