|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of empty liquor bottle brings the most resale value when sold to bootleggers, according to Balram in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) Chivas Regal.
(c) Jameson's Black Label.
(d) Johnnie Walker Black.
2. For whom does Mukesh Sir say the money in the red bag is for when he gives it to Mr. Ashok in “The Sixth Night”?
(b) Ram Persad.
3. Who is the letter from that Dharam delivers to Balram in “The Sixth Night”?
(d) The Stork.
4. What snack does Balram purchase for Mukesh Sir at the train station in "The Fifth Night"?
(a) French fries.
5. Why does Balram claim to have stopped the car when taking Mr. Ashok to meet the politicians in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) He says the car has run out of gas.
(b) He says that he must stop to ask for directions.
(c) He says there is something wrong with the wheel.
(d) He says that the car has overheated.
6. What animal gets into Balram's bed and terrifies him in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) A gecko.
(b) A rat.
(c) A roach.
(d) A cat.
7. When does Vijay say that Mr. Ashok will be giving him money while Balram is driving the politicians in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) On Tuesday.
(b) On Monday.
(c) On Thursday.
(d) On Friday.
8. What do poor people in the south in India drink, according to Balram in "The Seventh Night"?
9. Where does Balram believe that the prostitute is from that Mr. Ashok picks up at the hotel in “The Sixth Morning”?
10. How much does the diseased driver tell Balram the cheapest prostitute with blonde hair will cost him in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) 4,000 rupees.
(b) 2,000 rupees.
(c) 6,500 rupees.
(d) 3,500 rupees.
11. From whom is the letter that Mukesh Sir delivers to Balram in "The Fifth Night"?
(a) Ram Persad.
(d) Mr. Ashok.
12. Where has the diseased driver's master gone to get an expensive toupee in “The Sixth Night”?
(b) The U.S.
13. How much money per month does Belram describe the delivery rickshaw driver making in "The Fifth Night"?
(a) 1,000 rupees.
(b) 50 rupees.
(c) 500 rupees.
(d) 100 rupees.
14. How long does Balram say it took him in Bangalore to calm his nerves after the murder in "The Seventh Night"?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
15. What does Balram hit Mr. Ashok over the head with in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A Jameson whiskey bottle.
(c) A Johnny Walker Black bottle.
(d) A tire iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Balram become enraged about the prostitute in “The Sixth Night”?
2. What does Balram find in the backseat of the car in the end of “The Sixth Morning”?
3. What does Balram make for Dharam on the morning after their visit to the zoo in “The Sixth Night”?
4. Why does Balram say he "will never envy the rich of America or England" in "The Fifth Night"?
5. How much money does the minister's assistant say it costs to sleep with the Russian prostitute in “The Sixth Morning”?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)