|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Balram become enraged about the prostitute in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) Because she is Indian.
(b) Because she does not speak Hindi.
(c) Because she is American.
(d) Because her hair is dyed.
2. How does Balram ultimately kill Mr. Ashok in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) He runs him over with the car.
(b) He drowns him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He slits his throat.
3. What is the second way that an "enterprising driver" can earn a little extra cash in Belram's sidebar in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) Going to a corrupt mechanic.
(b) Turning his master's car into a taxi.
(c) Siphoning petrol to sell it.
(d) Killing one's master.
4. Whom does the magazine seller say has got guns and built an army at the PVR Saket in “The Sixth Morning”?
(a) The Naxals.
(b) The Aditis.
(c) The Vedes.
(d) The Ushas.
5. What does the word "emancipation" mean in "The Fifth Night"?
6. What do poor people in the south in India drink, according to Balram in "The Seventh Night"?
7. The narrator says in “The Sixth Night,” "Iqbal, that great poet was so right. The moment you recognize what is beautiful in this world, you stop being" what?
(a) "A slave."
(b) "A dragon."
8. Why does Balram leave the train station in the end of “The Sixth Night”?
(a) To get Anastasia.
(b) To call Kusum.
(c) To get Dharam.
(d) To get Uma.
9. What is the name of the taxi company that Balram establishes in "The Seventh Night"?
(a) Bangalore Drivers.
(b) White Tiger Drivers.
(c) High Tech Drivers.
(d) Red Dragon Drivers.
10. Until what age does the diseased driver say a driver is good until in “The Sixth Morning”?
11. How does Dharam explain the bruises on his face when he meets Mr. Ashok in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) He says he fell off the bus.
(b) He says he was robbed on the train.
(c) He says he was hit by a taxi.
(d) He says that Balram hit him.
12. Who is the schoolteacher that has written the letter that is delivered to Balram in "The Fifth Night"?
(a) Ram Persad.
(c) Mr. Krishna.
13. What does Balram hit Mr. Ashok over the head with in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) A Jameson whiskey bottle.
(b) A tire iron.
(c) A Johnny Walker Black bottle.
(d) A shovel.
14. Where are the terrorists from on the poster that Balram's has been stapled over in "The Seventh Night"?
(a) New Delhi.
15. At what time does Balram begin his letter in “The Sixth Morning”?
(a) 7: 34 a.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 4:45 a.m.
(d) 6:20 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Vijay's father's profession?
2. What snack does Balram purchase for Mukesh Sir at the train station in "The Fifth Night"?
3. How long does it take Balram to reach the railway station after killing Mr. Ashok?
4. What alias has Balram assumed in Bangalore in "The Seventh Night"?
5. How much money does Balram offer to the police inspector when he first meets him in "The Seventh Night"?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)