|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After how long inside the hotel does Mr. Ashok return to the car with the politicians in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) 1 and 1/2 hours.
(b) 12 minutes.
(c) 23 minutes.
(d) 42 minutes.
2. What is the second way that an "enterprising driver" can earn a little extra cash in Belram's sidebar in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) Siphoning petrol to sell it.
(b) Turning his master's car into a taxi.
(c) Going to a corrupt mechanic.
(d) Killing one's master.
3. After describing the murder of Mr. Ashok, Balram claims that what "is a worse way to go than this, I assure you"?
(b) "A shot to the head."
4. How many taxi drivers does Balram say his company now has in "The Seventh Night"?
5. Why does Balram say he "will never envy the rich of America or England" in "The Fifth Night"?
(a) Because they have no servants there.
(b) Because their taxes are too high.
(c) Because there is no natural beauty in those countries.
(d) Because their women are not attractive.
6. What room does the hotel manager take Balram to for the prostitute in “The Sixth Night”?
7. How much money does the minister's assistant say it costs to sleep with the Russian prostitute in “The Sixth Morning”?
(a) 30,000 rupees.
(b) 20,000 rupees.
(c) 50,000 rupees.
(d) 10,000 rupees.
8. How much money did Balram pay for a deposit at his hotel room by the train station in Bangalore after arriving in "The Seventh Night"?
(a) 1,000 rupees.
(b) 200 rupees.
(c) 100 rupees.
(d) 500 rupees.
9. What does Balram do with Mr. Ashok's body after killing him?
(a) He floats it down a river.
(b) He burns it in the woods.
(c) He drags it into the bushes.
(d) He buries it in the forest.
10. What does Balram make for Dharam on the morning after their visit to the zoo in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) A bowl of oatmeal.
(b) An origami crane.
(c) A bowl of curry.
(d) A paper boat.
11. What does Balram drop on the floor of his room and order Dharam to pick up in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) A cufflink.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) A rupee coin.
(d) A book.
12. What is the mall that Mr. Ashok has Belram drive him to in the beginning of “The Sixth Morning”?
(a) Zhao Mall.
(b) Kusum Mall.
(c) Dharam Mall.
(d) Sahara Mall.
13. To what hotel does Mr. Ashok have Balram drive him in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) The Tehran Hotel.
(b) The Imperial Hotel.
(c) The Majestic Hotel.
(d) The Sheraton Hotel.
14. How much does Balram say it costs to see a film at the PVR Saket in “The Sixth Morning”?
(a) Over 250 rupees.
(b) Over 150 rupees.
(c) Over 200 rupees.
(d) Over 300 rupees.
15. Where does the minister's assistant describe being when he saw a judge get beaten in “The Sixth Morning”?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Pinky Madam's departure has it been when Mukesh Sir asks Mr. Ashok if they should find another girl in “The Sixth Night”?
2. How much time is Balram granted with the prostitute at the hotel in “The Sixth Night”?
3. How much money does Mr. Ashok withdraw from the banks to hand over to the politicians in “The Sixth Night”?
4. At what time does Pinky Madam have Balram drive her to the airport in "The Fifth Night"?
5. How many vehicles does Balram describe in his taxi fleet currently in "The Seventh Night"?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)