|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the drivers laugh at Balram in the end of "The Fifth Night"?
(a) Because he fell down.
(b) Because he is meditating.
(c) Because he wrecked the car.
(d) Because he is talking to himself.
2. From whom is the letter that Mukesh Sir delivers to Balram in "The Fifth Night"?
(a) Ram Persad.
(b) Mr. Ashok.
3. What hotel does Mr. Ashok have Belram drive him to after departing the mall in “The Sixth Morning”?
(a) The Maurya Sheraton Hotel.
(b) The Taj Mansingh Hotel.
(c) The Taj Palace Hotel.
(d) The Imperial Hotel.
4. How many taxi drivers does Balram say his company now has in "The Seventh Night"?
5. In "The Fifth Night," Balram says, "There is a sign in the National Zoo in New Delhi, near the cage with the white tiger, which says" what?
(a) "Imagine yourself in the cage."
(b) "Please do not feed the animals."
(d) "Stay back from the cage."
6. What kind of car does the diseased driver take Balram to the hotel for the prostitute in, in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) A Rolls Royce.
(b) A Pinto.
(c) A Qualis.
(d) A Hum-Vee.
7. What is the first way listed for "the enterprising driver" to earn a little extra cash in Belram's sidebar in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) Going to a corrupt mechanic.
(b) Siphoning petrol to sell it.
(c) Killing one's master.
(d) Turning his master's car into a taxi.
8. What do poor people in the south in India drink, according to Balram in "The Seventh Night"?
9. For whom does Mukesh Sir say the money in the red bag is for when he gives it to Mr. Ashok in “The Sixth Night”?
(b) Ram Persad.
10. How much does Balram say it costs to see a film at the PVR Saket in “The Sixth Morning”?
(a) Over 150 rupees.
(b) Over 200 rupees.
(c) Over 250 rupees.
(d) Over 300 rupees.
11. How does Dharam explain the bruises on his face when he meets Mr. Ashok in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) He says he was robbed on the train.
(b) He says he was hit by a taxi.
(c) He says that Balram hit him.
(d) He says he fell off the bus.
12. How does Balram ultimately kill Mr. Ashok in “The Sixth Night”?
(a) He runs him over with the car.
(b) He drowns him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He slits his throat.
13. At what time does Balram begin his letter in “The Sixth Morning”?
(a) 7: 34 a.m.
(b) 4:45 a.m.
(c) 6:20 a.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
14. The narrator says in “The Sixth Night,” "Iqbal, that great poet was so right. The moment you recognize what is beautiful in this world, you stop being" what?
(a) "A slave."
(d) "A dragon."
15. At what time does Balram conclude his letter in "The Fifth Night"?
(a) 1:32 a.m.
(b) 2:44 a.m.
(c) 4:12 a.m.
(d) 12:45 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Balram offer to the police inspector when he first meets him in "The Seventh Night"?
2. What is the name of "one of Delhi's most famous private hospitals" where the Stork is taken in "The Fifth Night"?
3. How much money did Balram pay for a deposit at his hotel room by the train station in Bangalore after arriving in "The Seventh Night"?
4. What kind of dogs guard the minister's house in “The Sixth Morning”?
5. Who is the letter from that Dharam delivers to Balram in “The Sixth Night”?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)