|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the poem about God and the Devil that Balram describes in "The Second Night"?
(a) Ram Persad.
(b) Tang Shaoyi.
2. What color is the heavy bag that Balram describes bringing from Delhi to Bangalore in "The First Night"?
3. What are the names of the two pomeranians in the Stork's household?
(a) Max and Mary.
(b) Jack and Polly.
(c) Cuddles and Puddles.
(d) Muffin and Snuggles.
4. What secret does Balram discover about Ram Persad in “The Fourth Morning”?
(a) He is Hindu.
(b) He is Christian.
(c) He is an atheist.
(d) He is Muslim.
5. How does Mukesh Sir depart Delhi in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) By rickshaw.
(b) By train.
(c) By limousine.
(d) By plane.
6. Who is the mother-goddess whose image is described on the dashboard of the car in “The Fourth Night”?
7. What is the name of Mr. Ashok's ex-wife that is described in "The First Night"?
(b) Pinky Madam.
8. What color headbands are the protesters wearing in "The Second Night"?
9. For how long does Ram Bahadur say Mr. Ashok and Pinky Madam will be staying in Delhi in “The Fourth Morning”?
(a) For 3 months.
(b) For 1 year.
(c) For 1 month.
(d) For 2 weeks.
10. Who has witnessed Balram's statement that he is ordered to sign in “The Fourth Night”?
(b) Ram Persad.
(d) Wen Jiabao.
11. How many criminal cases does Balram describe pending against the Great Socialist and his ministers in “The Fourth Morning”?
12. Where do Balram, Kishan, and Dilip find work when they first arrive in Dhanbad?
(a) At a taxi stand.
(b) At a clothing factory.
(c) At a butcher shop.
(d) At a tea shop.
13. What is the name of the Premier to whom the letter is addressed in "The First Night"?
(a) Tang Shaoyi.
(b) Wen Jiabao.
(c) Duan Qirui.
(d) Zhao Bingjun.
14. From where does Balram describe buying his Macintosh laptop computer in "The First Night"?
(b) The United States.
15. As Balram drives Pinky Madam and Mr. Ashok home in "The Second Night," Ashok claims that when he returned to India, he expected to stay for how long?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Balram describe as "the three main diseases of this country" in “The Fourth Morning”?
2. What does the goddess Lakshmi represent to Hindus?
3. What does Mukesh Sir order Balram to search for on the floor of the car in “The Fourth Night”?
4. When did the British leave India?
5. What temple does Balram describe in New Delhi in "The Second Night"?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)