|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many criminal cases does Balram describe pending against the Great Socialist and his ministers in “The Fourth Morning”?
2. How long has it been since Balram has seen Kishan when he visits his hometown in "The Second Night"?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. What is the name of Balram's father?
(a) Dharam Halwai.
(b) Wen Halwai.
(c) Vikram Halwai.
(d) Mukesh Halwai.
4. Who is driving the car when the child is run over in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) Premier Jiabao.
(b) Pinky Madam.
(c) Mr. Ashok.
5. Who has witnessed Balram's statement that he is ordered to sign in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) Ram Persad.
(c) Wen Jiabao.
6. How tall does Balram describe Mr. Ashok as being in "The Second Night"?
(a) 5 feet tall.
(b) 5 feet, 6 inches tall.
(c) 6 feet, 3 inches tall.
(d) 6 feet tall.
7. How much was the dowry for Kishan's marriage?
(a) 500 rupees.
(b) 1,000 rupess.
(c) 5,000 rupees.
(d) 10,000 rupees.
8. What type of garland does Mr. Ashok present when the Great Socialist visits in “The Fourth Morning”?
(a) A garland of lilac flowers.
(b) A garland of apple blossom flowers.
(c) A garland of tulip flowers.
(d) A garland of jasmine flowers.
9. Who gives Balram the statement to sign in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) Pinky Madam.
(b) Mr. Ashok.
(c) Ram Persad.
(d) Mukesh Sir.
10. What is the name of Balram's older brother?
(a) Mukesh Sir.
11. To what hospital did Balram and his brother take their father as he was dying?
(a) Lohia Universal Free Hosptial.
(b) Med Suptd Hospital.
(c) Manohar Lohia Hospital.
(d) SIR Ganga Ram Hospital.
12. What color headbands are the protesters in the second truck wearing in "The Second Night"?
13. Who is the primary driver when Balram begins working for the Stork's family?
(b) Mukesh Sir.
(c) Wen Jiabao.
(d) Ram Persad.
14. Where is Balram's office described in the opening of the letter in "The First Night"?
(a) New Delhi.
15. What color headbands do the supporters of the Great Socialist wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Mr. Ashok pay Balram per month when they are living in Delhi?
2. What skin disease does Balram describe a fellow driver suffering from in “The Fourth Night”?
3. From where does Balram describe buying his Macintosh laptop computer in "The First Night"?
4. What color headbands are the protesters wearing in "The Second Night"?
5. What animals surround Balram as he climbs to the Black Fort in "The Second Night"?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)