|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has witnessed Balram's statement that he is ordered to sign in “The Fourth Night”?
(b) Wen Jiabao.
(c) Ram Persad.
2. Who is the primary driver when Balram begins working for the Stork's family?
(a) Wen Jiabao.
(b) Ram Persad.
(d) Mukesh Sir.
3. What does Balram describe as his web site URL in "The Second Night"?
4. Whose face is described on the billboards at the headquarters of the Congress Party in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) Sonia Gandhi's.
(b) The Stork's.
(c) Tang Shaoyi's.
(d) Wen Jiabao's.
5. For how long does Mr. Ashok say Ram Bahandur has been with his family in "The Second Night"?
(a) For 5 years.
(b) For 50 years.
(c) For 10 years.
(d) For 30 years.
6. To what hospital did Balram and his brother take their father as he was dying?
(a) Manohar Lohia Hospital.
(b) SIR Ganga Ram Hospital.
(c) Med Suptd Hospital.
(d) Lohia Universal Free Hosptial.
7. What secret does Balram discover about Ram Persad in “The Fourth Morning”?
(a) He is Hindu.
(b) He is Christian.
(c) He is an atheist.
(d) He is Muslim.
8. Whom does Balram describe having thrown the rich out of his country and freed his people in “The Fourth Morning”?
(b) Fidel Castro.
(c) Zhao Bingjun.
(d) Tang Shaoyi.
9. At what time does Balram sign off in his letter "The Second Night"?
(a) 12:56 a.m.
(b) 1:30 a.m.
(c) 2:44 a.m.
(d) 4:12 a.m.
10. What is the name of Cousin Pappu's wife?
11. When did the British leave India?
12. Who is the former bus conductor that has joined the political arena in “The Fourth Morning”?
(c) Balram Halwai.
13. What book does Balram describe reading about China's history from in "The First Night"?
(a) Journey to the East.
(b) Exciting Tales of the Exotic East.
(c) The Good Earth.
(d) Dream of the Red Chamber.
14. What does Balram say the chandeliers in his home keep away in “The Fourth Night”?
15. For how long does Ram Bahadur say Mr. Ashok and Pinky Madam will be staying in Delhi in “The Fourth Morning”?
(a) For 1 month.
(b) For 3 months.
(c) For 1 year.
(d) For 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What temple does Balram describe in New Delhi in "The Second Night"?
2. In the conclusion of his letter in “The Fourth Night,” Balram writes, "Yes, that's right: we all live in the world's greatest" what?
3. What product does the diseased driver's employer sell, according to Balram in “The Fourth Night”?
4. What brand of whiskey do Balram and Ram Persad purchase for the Stork's family weekly?
5. What is the name of Mr. Ashok's uncle who has lunch with him in "The Second Night"?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)