|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the Great Socialist's ministers are currently in jail, according to Balram in “The Fourth Morning”?
2. Who are the master and mistress of the servant-god Hanuman?
(a) Prithvi and Aditi.
(b) Shiva and Visnhu.
(c) Vishnu and Rudra.
(d) Ram and Sita.
3. How many gods does Balram say the Hindus have in "The First Night"?
4. What time does Balram say it is when he concludes his letter in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) Not yet 4 a.m.
(b) Not yet 6 a.m.
(c) Not yet 3 a.m.
(d) Not yet 1 a.m.
5. Who gives Balram the statement to sign in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) Mukesh Sir.
(b) Pinky Madam.
(c) Mr. Ashok.
(d) Ram Persad.
6. What color headbands are the protesters in the second truck wearing in "The Second Night"?
7. What disease does Balram's father die from?
(d) Prostate cancer.
8. In the conclusion of his letter in “The Fourth Night,” Balram writes, "Yes, that's right: we all live in the world's greatest" what?
9. What was Balram's father's profession?
(a) He was a train engineer.
(b) He was a rice farmer.
(c) He was a rickshaw puller.
(d) He was a coal miner.
10. What is the name of Balram's father?
(a) Vikram Halwai.
(b) Dharam Halwai.
(c) Mukesh Halwai.
(d) Wen Halwai.
11. What Hindu goddess does Balram describe in a white sari with gold sovereigns dripping to her feet in "The First Night"?
12. What is stated in the statement that Balram is ordered to sign in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) That Balram witnessed the child leave the scene of the hit-and-run.
(b) That Balram was responsible for running over a child.
(c) That Balram has agreed to marry.
(d) That Balram was not present at the scene of the hit-and-run.
13. Balram claims in "The First Night" that "Only three nations have never let themselves be ruled by foreigners." What are these nations?
(a) China, Afghanistan, and Abyssinia.
(b) England, the U.S., and China.
(c) Liberia, Indonesia, and Abyssinia.
(d) India, China, and Afghanistan.
14. How long has it been since Balram has seen Kishan when he visits his hometown in "The Second Night"?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
15. What brand of whiskey do Balram and Ram Persad purchase for the Stork's family weekly?
(a) Black Dog.
(b) Maker's Mark.
(c) Town Branch.
(d) Cedar Ridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the goddess Lakshmi represent to Hindus?
2. What is the name of the English liquor store where Balram goes to get liquor for the Stork's family?
3. How much was the dowry for Kishan's marriage?
4. How much money does Mr. Ashok pay Balram per month when they are living in Delhi?
5. For how long does Mr. Ashok say Ram Bahandur has been with his family in "The Second Night"?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)