|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Balram describe buying his chandeliers in “The Fourth Night”?
(b) New York.
(d) Lalbagh Gardens.
2. How many of the Great Socialist's ministers are currently in jail, according to Balram in “The Fourth Morning”?
3. What product does the diseased driver's employer sell, according to Balram in “The Fourth Night”?
4. What is the name of Balram's grandmother?
5. What color headbands are the protesters in the second truck wearing in "The Second Night"?
6. Where do Balram, Kishan, and Dilip find work when they first arrive in Dhanbad?
(a) At a clothing factory.
(b) At a taxi stand.
(c) At a butcher shop.
(d) At a tea shop.
7. Who are the three "greatest poets" described by Balram in "The First Night"?
(a) Ganesh Gogoi, Mahim Bora, and Jami Azad.
(b) Sarojini Naidu, Kamala Suraiyya, and rabindranath Tagore.
(c) Vikram Seth, Amir Khursrow, and Miatle Gupta.
(d) Rumi, Iqbal, and Mirza Ghalib.
8. Who does Mukesh describe hiring to help with income taxes in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) Wen Jiabao.
9. Balram writes in “The Fourth Morning,” that if he were making a country he would obtain what first?
(a) A solid government.
(c) Proper roads.
(d) Sewage pipes.
10. What does Balram say the chandeliers in his home keep away in “The Fourth Night”?
11. Whom does Balram describe having thrown the rich out of his country and freed his people in “The Fourth Morning”?
(a) Fidel Castro.
(c) Tang Shaoyi.
(d) Zhao Bingjun.
12. What skin disease does Balram describe a fellow driver suffering from in “The Fourth Night”?
13. Who are the master and mistress of the servant-god Hanuman?
(a) Shiva and Visnhu.
(b) Prithvi and Aditi.
(c) Ram and Sita.
(d) Vishnu and Rudra.
14. How much money does Mr. Ashok pay Balram per month when they are living in Delhi?
(a) 5,000 rupees.
(b) 1,000 rupees.
(c) 2,000 rupees.
(d) 3,000 rupees.
15. What was Balram's father's profession?
(a) He was a rice farmer.
(b) He was a coal miner.
(c) He was a train engineer.
(d) He was a rickshaw puller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals surround Balram as he climbs to the Black Fort in "The Second Night"?
2. What time does Balram say it is when he concludes his letter in “The Fourth Night”?
3. At what time does Balram sign off in his letter "The Second Night"?
4. How many criminal cases does Balram describe pending against the Great Socialist and his ministers in “The Fourth Morning”?
5. What is the name of Mr. Ashok's ex-wife that is described in "The First Night"?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)