|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Balram describe buying his Macintosh laptop computer in "The First Night"?
(b) The United States.
2. Who is the primary driver when Balram begins working for the Stork's family?
(a) Mukesh Sir.
(b) Ram Persad.
(c) Wen Jiabao.
3. How much money does Ram Bahadur ask for from Balram as a bribe to convince Mr. Ashok to take Balram to Delhi in “The Fourth Morning”?
(a) 500 rupees.
(b) 1,000 rupees.
(c) 2,000 rupees.
(d) 5,000 rupees.
4. What is the name of Balram's father?
(a) Mukesh Halwai.
(b) Wen Halwai.
(c) Vikram Halwai.
(d) Dharam Halwai.
5. What book does Balram describe reading about China's history from in "The First Night"?
(a) Dream of the Red Chamber.
(b) Exciting Tales of the Exotic East.
(c) Journey to the East.
(d) The Good Earth.
6. Who has witnessed Balram's statement that he is ordered to sign in “The Fourth Night”?
(c) Ram Persad.
(d) Wen Jiabao.
7. How much money does Balram say the Great Socialist has embezzled from the Darkness in “The Fourth Morning”?
(a) 1 billion rupees.
(b) 100,000 rupees.
(c) 500,000 rupees.
(d) 1 million rupees.
8. For how long does Ram Bahadur say Mr. Ashok and Pinky Madam will be staying in Delhi in “The Fourth Morning”?
(a) For 1 year.
(b) For 2 weeks.
(c) For 1 month.
(d) For 3 months.
9. What color is the bloody cloth found on the car after the child has been run over in “The Fourth Night”?
10. Who wrote the poem about God and the Devil that Balram describes in "The Second Night"?
(c) Ram Persad.
(d) Tang Shaoyi.
11. What is the name of the English liquor store where Balram goes to get liquor for the Stork's family?
(a) "Bullet" English Liquor Shop.
(b) "Circle" English Liquor Shop.
(c) "Gold Coin" English Liquor Shop.
(d) "Jackpot" English Liquor Shop.
12. What does Balram say the chandeliers in his home keep away in “The Fourth Night”?
13. What time does Balram say it is when he concludes his letter in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) Not yet 3 a.m.
(b) Not yet 6 a.m.
(c) Not yet 4 a.m.
(d) Not yet 1 a.m.
14. What are the names of the two pomeranians in the Stork's household?
(a) Max and Mary.
(b) Jack and Polly.
(c) Cuddles and Puddles.
(d) Muffin and Snuggles.
15. How many criminal cases does Balram describe pending against the Great Socialist and his ministers in “The Fourth Morning”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What temple does Balram describe in New Delhi in "The Second Night"?
2. What is the name of the Premier to whom the letter is addressed in "The First Night"?
3. What brand of whiskey do Balram and Ram Persad purchase for the Stork's family weekly?
4. Who are the three "greatest poets" described by Balram in "The First Night"?
5. Where do Ashok and Pinky Madam go to eat after their fight on her birthday in “The Fourth Night”?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)