|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Balram's grandmother?
2. What color headbands do the supporters of the Great Socialist wear?
3. Whose face is described on the billboards at the headquarters of the Congress Party in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) Tang Shaoyi's.
(b) The Stork's.
(c) Wen Jiabao's.
(d) Sonia Gandhi's.
4. What is described as the "modernest suburb of Delhi" in “The Fourth Night”?
(a) Raisina Hill.
(d) Connaught Place.
5. Balram writes in “The Fourth Morning,” that if he were making a country he would obtain what first?
(a) Sewage pipes.
(b) A solid government.
(d) Proper roads.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Balram has seen Kishan when he visits his hometown in "The Second Night"?
2. Where is the Premier's Office described in the opening of the letter in "The First Night"?
3. What temple does Balram describe in New Delhi in "The Second Night"?
4. How much money does Ram Bahadur ask for from Balram as a bribe to convince Mr. Ashok to take Balram to Delhi in “The Fourth Morning”?
5. Who is the former bus conductor that has joined the political arena in “The Fourth Morning”?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)