|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Balram drives Pinky Madam and Mr. Ashok home in "The Second Night," Ashok claims that when he returned to India, he expected to stay for how long?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. How much does Balram say it costs to see a film at the PVR Saket in “The Sixth Morning”?
(a) Over 200 rupees.
(b) Over 150 rupees.
(c) Over 300 rupees.
(d) Over 250 rupees.
3. Who is the mother-goddess whose image is described on the dashboard of the car in “The Fourth Night”?
4. What is the name of Cousin Pappu's wife?
5. What does Balram describe as "the three main diseases of this country" in “The Fourth Morning”?
(a) Television, cancer, and tuberculosis.
(b) Typhoid, cholera, and election fever.
(c) Tuberculosis, maleria, and hunger.
(d) Poverty, corruption, and politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brand of whiskey do Balram and Ram Persad purchase for the Stork's family weekly?
2. What does the goddess Lakshmi represent to Hindus?
3. What is the name of Balram's grandmother?
4. What is the name of the Stork's elder son?
5. How much money is in the envelope that Pinky Madam gives to Balram at the airport?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)