|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Ashok's uncle who has lunch with him in "The Second Night"?
(a) The Black Ox.
(b) The Golden Eagle.
(c) The Wild Boar.
(d) The Swan.
2. What was Balram's father's profession?
(a) He was a rickshaw puller.
(b) He was a coal miner.
(c) He was a train engineer.
(d) He was a rice farmer.
3. Who are the three "greatest poets" described by Balram in "The First Night"?
(a) Vikram Seth, Amir Khursrow, and Miatle Gupta.
(b) Sarojini Naidu, Kamala Suraiyya, and rabindranath Tagore.
(c) Ganesh Gogoi, Mahim Bora, and Jami Azad.
(d) Rumi, Iqbal, and Mirza Ghalib.
4. What color headbands are the protesters in the second truck wearing in "The Second Night"?
5. Who are the master and mistress of the servant-god Hanuman?
(a) Vishnu and Rudra.
(b) Shiva and Visnhu.
(c) Ram and Sita.
(d) Prithvi and Aditi.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Balram drives Pinky Madam and Mr. Ashok home in "The Second Night," Ashok claims that when he returned to India, he expected to stay for how long?
2. What number does Balram describe as one that Muslims think is a magic number that represents their god in "The First Night"?
3. At what time does Balram sign off in his letter "The Second Night"?
4. For how long does Mr. Ashok say Ram Bahandur has been with his family in "The Second Night"?
5. What is the name of the Premier to whom the letter is addressed in "The First Night"?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)