|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Balram say he should call his life's story in "The First Night"?
(a) "The Autobiography of a Cherished Entrepreneur."
(b) "The Autobiography of a Murderer."
(c) "The Autobiography of a Half-Baked Indian."
(d) "The Autobiography of a Self-Made Man."
2. What caste does Balram claim to be when he is hired to work for the Stork's family?
3. What temple does Balram describe in New Delhi in "The Second Night"?
(a) The Lakshmi Narayan Temple.
(b) The Hanuman Temple.
(c) The Sai Baba Temple.
(d) The Birla Hundu Temple.
4. What is the name of Mr. Ashok's ex-wife that is described in "The First Night"?
(b) Pinky Madam.
5. What number does Balram describe as one that Muslims think is a magic number that represents their god in "The First Night"?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what hospital did Balram and his brother take their father as he was dying?
2. What disease does Balram's father die from?
3. Who are the master and mistress of the servant-god Hanuman?
4. When did the British leave India?
5. Where is Balram's office described in the opening of the letter in "The First Night"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)