|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Balram claims in "The First Night" that "Only three nations have never let themselves be ruled by foreigners." What are these nations?
(a) Liberia, Indonesia, and Abyssinia.
(b) China, Afghanistan, and Abyssinia.
(c) England, the U.S., and China.
(d) India, China, and Afghanistan.
2. What is the name of the Stork's elder son?
(a) Mukesh Sir.
(b) Mr. Ashok.
(c) Tang Shaoyi.
3. From where does Balram describe buying his Macintosh laptop computer in "The First Night"?
(d) The United States.
4. What temple does Balram describe in New Delhi in "The Second Night"?
(a) The Lakshmi Narayan Temple.
(b) The Sai Baba Temple.
(c) The Hanuman Temple.
(d) The Birla Hundu Temple.
5. What book does Balram describe reading about China's history from in "The First Night"?
(a) Journey to the East.
(b) Dream of the Red Chamber.
(c) Exciting Tales of the Exotic East.
(d) The Good Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Balram's father die from?
2. Where is the Premier's Office described in the opening of the letter in "The First Night"?
3. What is the name of the town where Balram grew up?
4. Who is the primary driver when Balram begins working for the Stork's family?
5. What is the name of Mr. Ashok's ex-wife that is described in "The First Night"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)