|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Man, the Deciding Factor, Route Guide to the North Face, and Attempts and Successes on the North Face.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the first successful solo attempt to climb the North Face?
(a) Arnold Heinen.
(b) Paul Etter.
(c) Erich Friedli, Jr.
(d) Michel Darbellay.
2. Where did Allmen call to Toni Kurz and his party from?
(a) A tent across an ice field.
(b) An opposite ridge.
(c) A hut on the mountain.
(d) A window to the railroad.
3. In 1950, where did North Face climbers Hamel and Seiler escape to after a blizzard?
(a) The Mittellegi Hut.
(b) The Swallow's Nest.
(c) The railway tunnel.
(d) The Kleine Scheidegg.
4. How many parties attempted to climb the North Face in 1954 and 1955?
5. What did the press call the North Face?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did Karl Blach initially say he would guide Jürgen Wallenkamp and Bernd Huber on their climb up the North Face?
2. What day did the innkeeper in Grindelwald say that Nothdurft and Mayer left for the climb?
3. Which two members of the party injured their hands on the ascent?
4. What warning did the Swiss government issue to climbers?
5. According to the Route Guide, how far is the Hinterstoisser Traverse?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)