|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Man, the Deciding Factor, Route Guide to the North Face, and Attempts and Successes on the North Face.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the two climbers who arrived at the North Face early in the summer of 1936?
(a) They became ill and gave up the attempt.
(b) The weather remained bad, and they gave up waiting.
(c) One of them died on a climb on another mountain.
(d) They climbed as far as the Second Ice Field and back down.
2. What did Derungs and Albrecht use instead of a bivouac bag on their ascent up the North Face?
(a) An overcoat.
(b) A tablecloth.
(d) A wool blanket.
3. When was the Northeast Face of the Eiger first climbed?
4. How tall was the icy gully that Buhl climbed the day after climbing the Spider?
(a) 70 feet.
(b) 30 feet.
(c) 50 feet.
(d) 90 feet.
5. Where were Nothdurft and Mayer's bodies finally found?
(a) Near the Ramp.
(b) At the top of the Spider.
(c) Lower down the east face of the mountain.
(d) At the top of the mountain near the west face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the first description of the North Face from above say about it?
2. Where was Detassis injured?
3. Where did Rebitch and Vörg end the fourth day of their climb?
4. Where do observers say that Corti and Longhi joined together with Nothdurft and Mayer?
5. When do Rebitsch and Vörg finally attempt their climb?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)