|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Silver Trench, Climbers Have a Language of Their Own, and I Am Sorry, Brian....
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hellepart give Corti when he first contacted him?
2. Where did Rebitch and Vörg reach on their second day?
(a) The White Spider.
(b) The Third Ice Field.
(c) The First Ice Field.
(d) The Second Ice Field.
3. What nationality was the second team to successfully climb the North Face?
4. When Franz Primas and Bertl Gollackner climbed the Lauper Route, what did Gollackner accidentally leave behind?
(a) His tent.
(b) His pitons.
(c) His water.
(d) His food.
5. Why did the Austrians climbers Waschak and Forstenlechner stop climbing and wait at the Spider during their ascent?
(a) Forstenlechner was injured.
(b) Waschak felt ill.
(c) They ran out of supplies.
(d) They didn't want to finish the ascent before the Swiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning did the Swiss government issue to climbers?
2. According to Fritz von Almen's warning to Mayr, when would crossing the Third Ice Field be dangerous?
3. Why did Heckmair and Vörg have modern equipment for their climb?
4. What year was the Eiger first climbed?
5. What did the friend Nothdurft and Mayer visited before leaving think of Nothdurft's behavior on the mountain?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)