|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Silver Trench, Climbers Have a Language of Their Own, and I Am Sorry, Brian....
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What qualities does Harrer say are necessary to climb the White Spider?
(a) Patience, calm, sense, and courage.
(b) Courage, playfulness, self-confidence, and pride.
(c) Honesty, openness, courage, and honor.
(d) Enthusiasm, courage, daring, and focus.
2. How did the mountaineer who first climbed the Eiger write his account?
(a) In a letter to the Alpine Journal.
(b) In an article for the London Times.
(c) In a short, self-published book.
(d) In an article in the Alpine Journal.
3. When was the first attempt to climb the North Face?
4. What disadvantage did the Maags have during their climb?
(a) Otto had injured his wrist.
(b) They were ill.
(c) They were underequipped.
(d) Otto had a disfigured foot.
5. In the third successful climb up the North Face, what nationality were Jermann's guides?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many climbers were in Toni Kurz's group?
2. How many climbers were killed on the North Face in 1962?
3. What happened to the party of three climbers in 1958 who climbed to the Flatiron before one was injured by a stone?
4. What put the claims of two Swiss climbers who said they climbed the North Face in one day in doubt?
5. What site was Alfred Hellepart lowered down to for the rescue attempt?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)