|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tragedy of 1957.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did newspapers react to plans to climb the North Face in 1937?
(a) With condemnation against the suicidal dangers.
(b) With both outcry against the danger and sensationalism.
(c) With enthusiastic sensationalism of the heroism of the climbers.
(d) With indifference and certainty that attempts would fail.
2. On Buhl's 1952 climb, what blocked his progress at the Ramp?
(d) An avalanche.
3. Where did the French party join up with Buhl and his group on the 1952 climb?
(a) The Flatiron.
(b) The Ramp.
(c) The Second Ice Field.
(d) The Hinterstoisser Traverse.
4. Where did Rebitch and Vörg reach on their second day?
(a) The Second Ice Field.
(b) The White Spider.
(c) The Third Ice Field.
(d) The First Ice Field.
5. What did Rebisch and Vörg do to make a place to spend the night on the mountain?
(a) They made a shelter of rocks.
(b) They cut seats in the ice.
(c) They made camp with their tents.
(d) They made a makeshift hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the people on the ground to lose sight of the first climbers up the North Face on their third day?
2. In what month did Toni Kurz and his party begin their climb up the North Face?
3. How did Longhi and Corti's climb up the North Face begin?
4. What did the press call the North Face?
5. Where did Rebitch and Vörg end their third day?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)