|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tragedy of 1957.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was the third successful climb up the North Face?
2. Where did Rebitch and Vörg reach on their second day?
(a) The Second Ice Field.
(b) The White Spider.
(c) The Third Ice Field.
(d) The First Ice Field.
3. What did Von Allmen make, as he waited for Toni Kurz and his group of climbers?
(b) Hot chocolate.
(c) Hot cider.
4. What is the relationship between Otto and Sepp Maag?
(c) Second cousins.
(d) Father and son.
5. Why did Austrians Waschak and Forstenlechner delay their start, while a party of four Swiss climbers began an ascent up the North Face in 1950?
(a) They were concerned about the weather.
(b) Waschak was beginning to become ill.
(c) They wanted to acquire additional supplies.
(d) They did not want to compete with the Swiss climbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the people on the ground to lose sight of the first climbers up the North Face on their third day?
2. When was the first attempt to climb the North Face?
3. What day did Sefano Longhi and Claudio Corti begin to climb the North Face?
4. What did Toni Kurz's party say to Allmen when he called to them?
5. What did the press call the North Face?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)