|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tragedy of 1957.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did Toni Kurz and his party begin their climb up the North Face?
2. When was the first attempt to climb the North Face?
3. How far did Schlunegger and Krähenbühl climb in 1946 before having to climb back down?
(a) Above the Ramp.
(b) Above the First Ice Field.
(c) Above the Second Ice Field.
(d) To the Spider.
4. What antagonistic action did observers note the climbers doing?
(a) The party in the lead would knock ice down the mountain.
(b) The parties would push past each other in the climb instead of joining.
(c) The party in the lead would destroy the steps they made in the ice.
(d) The party in the lead would take out their pitons instead of leaving them for followers.
5. Where did Rebitch and Vörg end their third day?
(a) The railroad tunnel.
(b) The Swallow's Nest.
(c) The Mittellegi Hut.
(d) The Death Bivouac.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many parties left the Eiger without an attempt to climb the North Face in 1937, due to bad weather?
2. How many climbers were there in the first party to attempt to climb the North Face?
3. How did Longhi and Corti's climb up the North Face begin?
4. Where did Rebitch and Vörg reach on their second day?
5. How many nights did Pierre Julien and Maurice Coutin spend on the mountain during their 1952 climb?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)